Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best General Physicians online in Jalandhar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Kumar
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KumarYour feedback matters!
I feel very dryness inside my throat. I have suffered from tonsils. But now tonsils are over. I also feel some pain inside my ears do not know why. When I wake up every morning. please help
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections at very early childhood.
Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment.
For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How can we improve our health after being suffering from tuberculosis and what type of diet should recommended?
If my sleep is not been completed then my eyes colour change its normally yellowness comes. Please suggest.
I am a PCOD and thyroid patient and my age is 25 n I want to know what are my chances to conceive in future. And iam taking these medicines from last 8 years.
My creatinine level is measuring now 4.00. Is there any medication to reduce this level. I am known diabetic since 15 years and it is under control with medication and having BP since 20 years. Present reading is 150/90 and I had 2 years back heart attack and under medication (No operation or stint).
How to concentrate in studies for best results while exam times? & also tell me how to get less fatigue in these days, please help me.
Eating good and healthy food always contributes to the overall wellbeing of a person. Same holds true for the patients suffering from ulcerative colitis (UC). Ulcerative colitis patients need certain dietary modification to bring about a change in their condition. Though this condition isn’t directly caused by the food but the frequency of flare ups is influenced by the food taken. Below mentioned is the list of foods to eat and avoid.
Food to be Consumed
Usually, for ulcerative colitis, low fibre and low residue foods are considered the best since they are easy to digest. Here is a list of foods that can be included in the diet:
- Vitamin D: This vitamin boosts the immune system to fight the risks of ulcerative colitis flare ups. Since the sun is the best source of Vitamin D, it is important that a person gets as much exposure to the sun as possible.
- Probiotics: Maintain a balance between good and bad bacteria of the gut which in turn alleviates the symptoms of this condition.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids have an anti-inflammatory effect, which can help alleviate intestinal inflammation caused by ulcerative colitis. Salmon is one of the best sources of Omega-3.
- Eggs: Eggs are typically easy to digest and offer a number of nutrients which makes them one of the best choices for the patients of UC.
- Plenty of fluid: People with this condition need to drink extra fluid, as diarrhoea can lead to dehydration.
- Supplements: Dietary supplements also help in balancing the nutritional needs of a patient.
Foods to be Avoided
A patient should closely monitor what s/he is eating as the studies have revealed that the symptoms of ulcerative colitis are closely associated with diet. The following list will help you cut off the chances of UC flare ups.
- High Fibre Food: Are difficult to digest so should be cut off from the diet. It’s best to moderate the intake of fruits and vegetables with insoluble fibres.
- Oily and Fatty Foods: The greasy food can aggravate the symptoms of UC as well as can cause diarrhoea.
- Spicy foods: Spicy foods may disturb your bowel movements, so it is best to limit the intake of chillies, chilli powder, paprika, peppers etc.
- Dairy products: Patients of UC are mostly lactose intolerant. So, these patients should avoid dairy products.
- Seeds and nuts: Seeds and nuts are hard to digest, and it is best to avoid them if you are suffering from ulcerative colitis.
Ulcerative Colitis is just a disease which can be avoided by maintaining a proper diet and making few dietary modifications. One should eat smaller meals a few times per days instead of eating large ones.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!