Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay Kumar MittalYour feedback matters!
Yes I do experience burning sensation during urinating as well blood in urine. Wht am I suffering from?
I am an 16 years old male. I masturbate daily once. For the last 2 weeks, I feel my penis has lost its rigidity (during erection and during normal. For the last 3 days, I have been urinating frequently about once an hour. I feel like the controlling mechanism has got a problem. When I feel like urinating, it seems like the urine has reached the opening or tip of penis.(Earlier I did not felt like this even when I have to urgently urinate. I consulted the doctor, he gave my urine for a lab test and culture test, examining the results, he told theres no problem and prescribed ciplox 500 for 5 days, one at morning and one at night. But still the problem persist. So please explain the problem and solution to this.
I am 53 years old. And I have kidney diseases from 1.5 years and my creatinine level is 2, urea 36, sodium 136, potassium 145 and have diabetes and BP since 15 years. I always surfing from loose motion after every 2-3 days, I have consult my doctor and he suggested medicine by which I get relief but again after 2_3 I get same problem. And I take Aristozyme syrup is it good for me or not. Please help me, so I can get well soon.
My baby girl is of 11 month and she intakes little diet of milk of around 50-60 ml and not gaining weight although she is an active child. She around 8 kg also discharge urine multiple multiple time frequently. Stools discharge takes around 4-5 days on average. No current medicine / supplement going on.Please help sir.
I'm having pain in lower back left side I do all the work by myself very active but due to this pain I could not sit I usually lay on bed I consult doctors she did ultra sound and kidney tests all were ok .
I am a female of age 17 I always find a some white sticky substance in my lower inner wear. M I pregnant? But I Dnt think so because I am having my periods regularly. And also there is a very bad smell of my urine. Please help me with medicine and also say me the reason of it.
Urinary incontinence is a health condition in men, which is caused by loss of bladder control. Urinary incontinence usually occurs in cases of medical conditions such as an enlarged prostate, Parkinson’s disease and diabetes, and may also occur after a prostate surgery. Urinary incontinence is an irritating and embarrassing condition, but with proper treatment, it can be cured. There are several ways to treat this condition which include home remedies as well as medications and surgery.
Here are several methods used to treat urinary incontinence:
- Caffeine, soda and carbonated drinks cause irritation in the bladder and worsen the symptoms of urinary incontinence. Alcohol is a diuretic and increases the amount of urine too. So abstain from coffee, alcohol and soft drinks to make a difference.
- Dietary adjustments are required for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Several spicy and acidic food items can make urinary incontinence worse. Hence, you should avoid having such foods for some time.
- Urinary incontinence can lead to stress and you must get rid of it for better health. You can try relaxation techniques, such as meditation and breathing exercises. Biofeedback is another option by which you can observe your bladder muscle contractions on a monitor.
- You should try a behavioral technique known as bladder training. This would require you to urinate every half hour, in spite of not having the urge. Slowly try to increase the time in between the bathroom breaks.
- You need to flex your muscles to gain control over urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises can be practiced as they boost the strength of your pelvic muscles.
- You should find the right muscles that are required to stop the passing of gas.
- Pads and disposable undergarments can be used by men. These help in containing leaks and also protect the skin from irritation and odor.
There are several medicines, which help in the treatment of urinary incontinence in men. Some of these work to relax muscles for preventing unwanted bladder contractions, while others help in blocking the nerve signals to the bladder. Drugs used for the shrinking and treatment of an enlarged prostate are also used as blocked by prostate lead to bladder irritation. Now-a-days, more than 80% cases of incontinence in males respond well to medications.
Surgery may be the ultimate option for the treatment of urinary incontinence. Options depend on the cause of incontinence. If it is because of obstructing prostate, prostate surgery by TURP / HOLEP is curative. If it is because of bladder overactivity, BOTOX injection in bladder is useful. If it is TRUE incontinence after radical prostate surgery then treatment include a male sling or artificial urinary sphincter implantation. In sling operations, a type of material is wrapped around the urethra for compressing it. In Artificial sphincter implantation, a cuff is used in order to close the urethra. Urine is released by squeezing the pump to open the cuff. A Interstim device similar to a pacemaker is used to stimulate nerves, which help in relaxing the bladder and pelvic floor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
Renal stone or kidney stone is the most common problem that is found in different people these days. It is mainly a hard mass that accumulates either in one or both the kidneys that can cause pain and another discomfort. Renal stones are classified into two types and these are:
- Calcium Stones and
- Uric Acid Stones.
Symptoms Of Renal Stone
Many times pain in the lower section of the stomach can be due to many reasons such as acidity, but long term pain can be considered as a symptom of renal stone. This happens when the stone moves from the kidney to the urinary tract or also when the stones grow. Some other symptoms apart from the pain are:
- The colour of the urine is turned into red or brown as it contains blood,
- The urge of urination increases,
- Nausea and Vomiting at times.
Causes Of Renal Stone
The medical term used for the renal stone is renal calculi or urolithiasis or nephrolithiasis. The problem can occur due to a number of reasons and a few among them are:
- Increased calcium amount in the body,
- Genetic factor,
- Disease or infection in the kidney or the urinary,
- Consumption of alcohol and also some oxalate food items,
- Diseases such as high blood pressure, hypercalciuria or gout,
- Inflammatory disease of intestine and stomach,
- Side effects of wrong medication.
Home Remedies By Ayurveda For Curing Renal Stone
Today maximum of people either go for surgery for fast recovery of the stones or may go for consumption of homeopathic medicines for a safer treatment. But there are also some of the home remedies available that are suggested by the Ayurveda.
- Treating Renal Stone With Kidney Beans
- Add 4 litres of water to 60 grams of kidney beans.
- Now heat the mixture for about 4-5 hours.
- Now strain the mixture through a muslin cloth into a container.
- Keep the fluid aside to cool down.
- After the fluid cools down completely, start drinking one glass of the fluid every 2 hours.
- Make sure that the fluid should be consumed within 24 hours.
- Do this for a week time.
- Treating Renal Stone With Basil Leaves And Honey
- Crush about 10-15 basil leaves and make a paste of it.
- Take out the juice of about 1 tablespoon of the paste.
- Now add one teaspoon honey to the juice and mix them well.
- Consume this mixture every day once.
- Treating Renal Stone With Pomegranate Seeds And Horse Gram
- Add about half litre water to 1 cup horse gram.
- Now heat it till the water comes down to about 1/5th and then strain the liquid.
- Crush some pomegranate seeds and add about 2 tablespoons to the liquid.
- Drink this mixture daily.
- Apart from these remedies, drinking apple juice regularly and doing regular exercise also helps in getting rid of renal stone. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi My husband is facing so much trouble while urinating that it's coming drop by drop and paining so much burning also. He was hospitalized in October last year for urinal infection creatine level had gone to 5.5 He is taking medicines for high bp and diabetics for last 15 years his age is 65 years. He is taking medicine for enlarge prostate glands for last 10 years. Last 10 days he is facing this problem severely Urologist has given silodal D 8 one time What should I do for his pain relief.
I am 47 years old men, having the urinating passing frequently, I have checked all the relevant best teat.
What is best way to stop the urinary leak? I am an 18 year old muslim guy and I have the problem of urine leak. And I cannot perform the prayers orderly with this problem. Please help me out with preventive measures.
When I go to toilet I observed that my urine colour is sometimes yellow or. Sometimes dark. Yellow. May I know why it's colour is yellow.
Hi, I have been recently diagnosed with multiple calculi in my left kidney. And the largest one is of 17 mm. Should I go for surgery (as doctors have suggested) or shall I wait to see the effect of ayurvedic medicines which I am eating now. Banana with camphor is what I have been taking till now. Are there chances of getting the stone dissolved, there is no pain now in my abdominal region.
I am 45 years female, married, one daughter. As per usg report urinary bladder contents echogenic urine-suggestive of cystitis. Irritation is there. What to do now? what composition of medicine I require.
For the last 2 months I have suffering from urine problem day time its fine however at night before bed I go 10 20 times for urination. After I always urge to go again like I have few drops left. Kindly give me the solution. All test done no discrepancy as of now. I take chandraprabhavati every day.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a condition, which is born due to an imbalance of hormones within the female body. When this happens, the female body faces anumber of problems as far as her periods or menstrual cycles goes, besides finding it difficult to conceive naturally and easily. Let us find out more about this condition.
PCOS and hormones
To begin with, let us understand what hormones are. These are chemical impulses that send messages to various parts of the brain and rest of the body to signal the release of other kinds of hormones that may be vital for various functions. In PCOS, it is normally seen that the sex hormones are thrown out of balance, due to which the ovaries start producing a small dose of some male hormones. This creates problems as far as ovulation is concerned and also, it gives rise to the growth of facial hair, acne and changes in the overall appearance of the patient. Insulin resistance is another cause that may also trigger PCOS. It is also an inherited issue in many cases.
From irregular periods to an increase in acne and facial hair, there are many symptoms that may point at the existence of this condition. Fertility problems and issues related to normal ovulation are also often seen in women who are suffering from this condition due to the irregular periods. Additionally, depression may be seen in many patients who are suffering from this condition on a chronic basis. Thinning of hair and excess weight gain with difficulty in losing extra pounds may also be indicative of PCOS.
The diagnosis of PCOS is usually done with the help of a physical examination as well as a blood test that will primarily help in determining the sugar levels and insulin. The doctor will also conduct other hormone tests so as to understand which hormones are not in balance and which ones may be triggering changes in the body. Apart from all this, the doctor will also study the body mass index (BMI) of the patient to find out if there has been a sudden and drastic change on the weight of the patient. During the lab tests, where the blood and urine are examined, the doctor will also seek to rule out any anomalies in the thyroid gland. An ultrasound of the ovaries will also be conducted.
Weight loss programs as well as diet tweaks that remove excess dairy and meat may be recommended by the doctor. Further, the doctor may also put the patient on birth control pills so as to bring better balance of hormones. Moreover, moderate exercise will be required for the patient so that the normal production of hormones may be resumed eventually. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.