Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. S. NangalYour feedback matters!
Sir, 9 Years ka bachha kaan se kam sunta hai janch karane ke baad pata chala ki kaan ki nas me problem hai use kaise tatkal thik kiya ja sakta hai.
My has suffering from schizophrenia psychology problem. As per said Doctor said we have stopped the medicines during her 2nd pregnancy-delivery. 20 days back she got delivered a baby. And again she went into depression. So we are using the medicines DON 1 mg and ARIFINE 5 mg each 1 at night as doctor said at the time of stopping the medicines (Dr. Said that if problem comes can use same medicines so are using.) Problem: 1.By using these medicines (DON 1 mg n ARIFINE 5 mg each at night) can do feed the baby with the mothers milk. 2.is there any effects on baby for these medicines? 3. Baby can't stop crying until take mothers milk so please tell me the prior precautions. Thanking you.
Mery bachhe ne birth se 2 din pehle potty karti thi pet mai jiski wajh se use heavy infection ho gaya tha ab wo theek h 16 month ka ho gaya par abhi tak bethh nahi pata. Baki activity sab normal h .1 sal se physiotherapy chal rahi hai. Please batay ki mai kya karu or kahan dikhau?
My baby is 8 months old, he passes stools 4 times a day, sometimes 5 times from past 2 months, in his stool routine test 6-7 pus cells and entameoba histolytica cyst is found and e.coli infection is there, so doctor gave metrogyl and gentamicin injections for 7 days along with zinc and pro biotic, while taking the medicine and after completing the medicine also no change in him, I am so much worried, is it serious problem, please help me doctors.
Hello sir, My son 4 month is weak due to prolonged diarrhea. Can we give multivitamin syrup Lysupra syrup abbott to him to improve the health. Lysupra syrup contain vit a, b. C.D e. Zinc 5mg, lysine5mg and traces of cu.
Hi. I have heard that we can use Neem oil as a mosquito repellent to be applied on body. I have some confusion/queries related to that. 1. Can it be applied to an infant who is just 15 days old. 2. If yes then how to use it. 3. Does it has any side effects. 4. It should be directly applied to be body or on clothes and on which body parts. 5. What is correct time of the day to apply. I have an infant who is 15 days old, all above queries are related to him.
List the food item should be given to lactose intolerant 10 month old boy baby. Daily what should be given? To become fat.
My nephew is 8 months old and he is having high ESR. He is having cough and due to that not eating anything and vomiting after consuming little milk. P previously he had fever also but we gave him pcm & ofloxacin drops. So fever is gone now. But he is not consuming anything and became very weak. Not that much activity as he was before. All the times he is cranky and crying a lot. Please help.
For my 1 year 2 month child affected by Kawasaki disease Then 4 days armored and gave IVIG. Then last two days they given 150 mg aspirin for 6 hours once. Per dose is 187 mg. After they given IVIG he did get any fever as of now. Then they advised to continue for another 12 days. In my question is still how many days he need to take medicine? Then it will affect his nomal life?
My baby is 22 months now.. She is not talking anything.. She can utter hardly 15 to 20 words.. Am worried. At what age usually kids start speaking.. And when will my baby speak.. Is it a serious pblm..
Hi my baby girl is 5 month old since last 4 days was doing very loose potty but in general intervals mostly 3 to 4 times a day. Yesterday frequency increased to 5 times and we visited doctor be.
Hi, My 14 months baby is complaining pain in his left arm, above and below. He presses his arm gently and shows that he has pain there. My kind requests to Doctor, to suggest us why he is having pain there?
Our baby is 3.5 months old and she feeds very less. Also her feet stay cold and head is warm. Is she normal ? In Ayurveda I have heard this is not good.
My baby is in 2nd month. In 1st month, I fed her every 2 hrs. Should I continue that? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.