Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. S. S. NangalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors good evening. This was my first baby and my delivery was cesarean. She was only 2.25 kg at birth. She was in incubator for 10 days. My girl baby was 10 months old. I dont have self feeding after 3 months. From 4 th month I gave her bottlemilk only. From 8 th month I am giving her rice dhal & carrot. Last ten days she was not eating food and drinking milk properly. I need to feed her nutrition rich diet and drinks to keep her healthy. Kindly guide me. Thanking you.
Mere ghar ek ladki hui hai aur uski aankh(eyes) nahi hai aur uska upar wala hoth nahi hai kya uska ilaj ho sakta hai? Please help me.
Dear Doctor, My baby is one and half months old. I had put her in the cradle (cloth cradle which swings vertically). While swinging the cradle suddenly baby's head came up to little height (around 3 to 4 inches) and went back to the cradle cloth. Suddenly baby closed her eyes for two seconds (like baby is scared or she had a small jerk) and after two seconds baby is normal now. Will something happened to baby. I am worried a lot as in Google its mentioned like head shaking and all. Please reply me asap. Will it have any effects in later stages. Thanks
Ongoing monitoring is essential to maintain and establish the lowest step and dose of treatment to minimize cost and maximise safety.
Typically patient should be seen one to three months after initial assesment,and every three months thereafter.After an exacerbation.the patient should be assesed within two weeks to one month.
At every visit the patient inform the doctor following.
Use of short acting B2 agonist
Night awakening due to cough/breathlessness.
Interferance in day today activity by cough/breathless.
Any triger observed by patient.
Any concern regarding drug use.
On the basis of above information ,doctor can step up,step down or continue same treatment.
If asthma not controlled,then step treatment
If asthma partly controlled ,then consider stepping up treatment.
If asthma well controlled for three months ,then step down treatment is recommended. The goal is to maintain control with minimum treatment.
Monitoring is still reccomended even after control is achieved,as asthma is a variable disease,treatment has to be adjusted periodically.
My daughter age 4 months - triple polio vaccination a week ago. A bubo near the injection position and red mark. How to get rid of it ?
My son 7 years old has a pain in feet (ankle-lower side). Six months back we got x-ray adone and had consulted the doctor. He said that this kind of pain is common in growing kids. With some rest, the pain was gone. And he stopped wearing school shoes. But, recently the pain has come back and now we want to know how can this problem be solved. He has to wear school shoes also. Are there any special shoes for this kind of problem ?What care he should take to reduce the pain?
My aunt is gifted with a newborn boy and my grandmother is so obsessive with collyrium. I js wanna noe if there are side effects of so called kaajal.
My baby is a month old. She didn't pass stools since past two days. She passes urine in frequent intervals but not stools. What is the remedy for this?
My son who is 3 years old suffering from seizures, I wanted to know any first aid given to him immediately to stop the seizure. First aid taken at home.
3 crucial things a newborn needs the most
Newborns primarily need your love, care, and attention. If you aren't sure whether you're on the right track with your little one, read on to find out the 3 most important things that your newborn needs:
1. Skin-to-skin contact: one of the best ways to speed up the bonding process with your newborn is by having as much as possible skin-to-skin contact with your child. This is important as the newborn connects through smell and touch during this time. The senses of your baby are naturally tuned to react to the feel of your bare skin and your distinctive smell.
Many studies also suggest that close physical contact can help in reducing stress in your newborn so as to allow its biological drive to come through and easily latch onto your breast to feed itself. In other words, it ensures a higher chance of getting the newborn started on breast milk in case your child is not taking to your breasts easily.
2. To be breastfed: the best food for your baby is milk that is produced by you. Breast milk offers a host of benefits that go beyond basic nourishment. According to research conducted by the national institute of environmental health sciences, a child faces 20% lower chances of dying between the ages of 28 days and 1 year if he or she is breastfed.
Protecting your child from illnesses such as childhood cancers or type 1 and type 2 diabetes, allergies, and obesity are some of the very important benefits that mother's milk can provide.
3. Swaddling your baby right: wrapping a blanket snugly around the body of your newborn can help calm your little one and promote sleep. Several studies reveal that this technique of swaddling (which is done to resemble the mother's womb) if done correctly can bring about longer and better sleep for your child as well as reduce instances of crying. It also ensures your baby stays warm and comfortable.
My son is 9 months old every day he use to go motion once in morning. But 2 day often he is going for motion little by little and crying due to pain what may be the reason? How to cure it?
My daughter is 3year 10 months old. In her left eye there is a clout from 2 months. Doctor said it puss. How it can be treated?
My baby girl is 6 Months old. She was born in twins (baby boy) She is very weak. Her leg and hands are very soft she moves her leg and hands but not like her brother. Her brother can put his feet properly. Use ek hath se pakad lo to wo stand krta h bt wo leg bhi ni zin per, i'm very much worried about her. Kya wo chal payegi ya khade ho payegi apne leg par. Please advise me what should I do for her?
My 1 years 7-months old son has been recently diagnosed with 'papular rash' by our pediatric doctor. He has been on daily dosage of - 1) Montair granules for 4-weeks. 2) Xyzal syrup 2 ml for 10-days. Our doctor had mentioned that if things settle down within 1-2 weeks, dosages could be reduced, however, he is currently out of town for 3-months. My son already took these medicines for 2-weeks & 2-3 new rashes have come up since past 2-3 days. Also, the existing ones seem to get cured. Should we continue the same medicines for the entire duration of 4-weeks or, is there any dosage reduction required?
My son of 4 years weighing 14 kg has been diagnosed with urine infection of proteins mirabilis. He is given piptaz 1.4 gm twice daily and omnikacin 150 mg through IV for 10 days. So a canula has been inserted in his hands. Considering his age can you please guide what could be the possible reason of this infection and whether this is recurring. What can I do to prevent the side effects of these medicines on him and make him healthy.
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
- Adequate sleep: Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
- Allowing them to play: Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
- Learning to share and care: You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
- Regular exercise: Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
- Listen to them: Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
- Encourage them to make friends: Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
- Good nourishment: Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
- Make them feel safe: Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.