Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ruchi SharmaYour feedback matters!
My 4 months old son is passing little stool all day long and passing diaper full of stool 3 to 4 times a day stool is sometimes foamy yellow sometimes mucus yellow and he is passing wind also, what shall I do? Please advise.
Mera beta 7 saal ka hai. Uska Dengue fever ho gaya hai. Hospital mein I C you mein admit hai. Lekin fever kami nahi ho raha hai aur PLATELETS bhi kami hoti ja rahi hai. Bilkul bhi aram nahi lag raha hai. Kya ye jaldi sahi ho jayega.
My son is 8 months young, he is suffering with cold n cough from last 20 days. I have done antibiotic course of medicines too. But he is not improving. What can I do & what can be the possible reasons for no improvement?
Having a baby is a beautiful experience and it is important for first time parents to learn the ropes of taking care of a newborn. A mother should consider getting help after the birth of the child as that particular time period can be overwhelming and hectic to take care of the baby all alone. You can get started by nursing your child by taking assistance from specialists and nurses who tell you how to change the clothes of the baby, hold the baby and how to take care of your baby.
How to take care of a newborn
You can hire a maid who can help you look after your baby. If you have relatives, you can request them to help you out. It is important to keep the following things in mind while taking care of a baby.
- Babies are susceptible to infection quickly and hence it is necessary that we wash our hands properly with a hand sanitiser before carrying the baby.
- Make sure you carry the baby properly by providing the infant with proper support below the neck and head. The same rules apply while laying the baby down in the cradle.
- Do not shake the baby vigorously, even by mistake, as it can cause bleeding in the brain of the baby, which can cause death.
- Any member of the household should not throw the baby in the air or try any rough play as a newborn baby is not ready for it.
- Sponge bath should be given to the baby until the umbilical cord falls off and only after the navel heals totally. It can take about 1–4 weeks for this to happen.
- It is very vital that you use clean diapers for your baby, and if the diaper is wet, it must be removed immediately to avoid any rash in and around the genital area. It is important that the genital area is cleaned well by the use of cotton balls and water.
- In case you are using cloth diapers, then it is advisable that you clean it with detergents that are fragrance free.
My daughter is 4 months old now, my question is related to her vaccinations. We have given DTwP2/DTaP 2/ IPV 2/ Hib 2/ Rotavirus 2 Dtd 27.01.2015 , one vaccination which is PCV2 was pending as doctor told that they cannot prick 2 injections on one leg at same day. The due date for PCV2 was 17.02.2015 as prescribed by the doctor of Metro MAS hospitals, Jaipur where she was born. However , now we have shifted to Delhi and upon consultation of BLK hospital , they advised not to prick the third injection on 17.02.2015 as it is not recommended, kindly advise me to get the vaccination before 30 days . Kindly advise as the vaccination is still pending.
I am mom of 5 months baby boy. I heard there is vaccination and syrup for baby brain development. Is there is any thing like that .please give info about this. Thank you.
On 7 Nov 2016 my wife 9 months completed. But 7 now early morning baby seems no moment. the doctor said baby was not getting heartbeat, ultrasound report show the baby was dead. I Have Big loss. Just tell me the reason Doctor?
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.