Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Jalandhar.. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajeev Kalra.
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Rajeev Kalra.Your feedback matters!
Everyday morning after wakeup I feel that there is something sticked in my throat and when I cough nothing is coming out. I feel that some sinus getting sticked in my throat. What to do to overcome this problem please help.
I am suffering from dengue from last days and my platelets also decreasing day by day. What should I do?
My cousin has a serious problem but he is afraid to share with anyone He is suffering from night fall and often he ashamed of himself when he woke up So is he facing any sexual disease?
She has problem for gas sometime pain increase so much that it felt helpless please tell me some good medicine for this.
The penile size gets enlarged with arousal or with any desire or thought related to intercourse. A set of spongy tissues of the muscle corpora cavernosa gets relaxed and enlarged so as to accommodate the increased blood flow towards the penis with every sexual arousal. Similarly, there are group of muscles that help to withhold the blood from moving away from penis thus, it maintains the state of erection for satisfactory sexual activity. These are the physiological process involved with erection of penis in normal healthy men.
Any disturbances or interruption in this normal process leads to failure of erection with sexual arousal or desire or inability to sustain the erection for a long period of time. This condition is called as erectile dysfunction. One in five men faces this problem in their life. There are several factors that are responsible for causing erectile dysfunction. They include neurogenic cause, psychological cause, drug induced, vascular and combination of several other factors.
- Neurogenic cause: Neurological problems like Parkinson’s disease, stroke, head injury and Alzheimer’s disease can lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. These diseases may cause disturbance to the initiation or transmission of the nerve impulses that are responsible for the erection.
- Psychological causes: Psychological factor acts as a major cause for most of the sexual disorders or dysfunction for both male and females. And factors responsible for causing erectile dysfunction are excessive work stress, unresolved relationship issues, performance anxiety, lack of love and understanding between the partners, suppressed feelings and emotions, childhood sex abuse, previous misconception or negative failure past sexual experiences. These psychological factors are responsible for causing psychogenic erectile dysfunction.
- Drug induced: Heroin, cocaine, amphetamines and cannabis are harmful drugs that may lead to the development of erectile dysfunction. There are also few drugs which interfere with the regulation of certain hormones that are responsible for the sexual activity.
- Vascular cause of erectile dysfunction: Systemic diseases like diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia can cause damage to the blood vessel and impairs the blood flow in our body. This may also cause decreased blood flow to the penis and may lead to erectile dysfunction.
I want a diet plan for my father, he is 62 years old and has diabetes. And his blood sugar score in average Fasting 110-120 and after lunch 155 - 165. And last year in October he had an open heart surgery.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.