Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi MalhotraYour feedback matters!
7-8 kg at 9 months is good weight at this age. It is not necessary to add powdered badam etc. The tiny particles of badam can cause problems. Wait till the child at least one year old.
Hi my one year and one month old daughter is having some serious rashes on and around her urinal parts. Please suggest some precautions or Medicare.
My grandson aged nine weeks old has not passed stool since ten days. He is breast fead, normal and weighed 5 kgs. He is quite normal active and has no other problems. Please let me know what to do for making him to pass stool.
My daughter is 4 yrs old. When I am about to feed her anything she starts crying. It may b breakfast or lunch or dinner. Why does this happen with her? her weight is 15 kgs.
My daughter was born on 21.10. 2015. She is now two weeks old. For the first week she was breastfed, but now I realized that my wife is not producing enough milk for feeding my daughter. We changed to Lactogen-1 formula milk feeding from past five days. My daughter was fine feeding on formula milk till date but suddenly today she vomited twice. I am worried what caused the vomiting. Kindly suggest what to do in this case. Is it improper digestion due to formula milk. If yes then what should I do? Also kindly suggest frequency of feeding formula milk to my daughter and in what quantity.
My daughter is 3 month 15 days. She caught cold and cough badly. She is coughing very badly and there are sound whenever she is coughing her nose block Dr. Gv nasal drop, Hiatorest, kufril-LS and nikomox dry syrup. And iprazest. Baby is too small can I give this type of all medicines?
Is it compulsory for a two months old baby to take vitamins supplement such as vitamin d and other vitamins as my baby vomits whenever she is given oral drops.
Today I took my 2 year child for vaccination of DPT better-1 . After vaccination nurse said fiver come & give me a tablet and told 1/3 rd part three time in a day. After 3 to 4 hour right leg (where vaccination take place) paining till now. What should I do .
My daughter is 11 months old. From her birth, she has been on formula feed lactogen, as her mother was unable to breast feed. We started Cerelac and ragi pudding when she was 6 months old. Over the last week or so, she has completely avoided the spoon which is why we can not give her cerelac anymore. Also, she drinks very little lactogen, like 60-90 ml every 4 hours or so. We have tried boiled rice, mashed apple and banana etc but she takes in very very less of everything. She is active but we do not see any weight gain whatsoever. In fact we feel her weight has actually reduced. She was 3.6 kgs at birth and now around 8.5 kgs. Please suggest. Again I am not complaining about the weight, but why is it she has stopped both milk and solids? We are giving esomac 10 granules morning and carmicide afternoon and evening to rule out griping or colic pain.
My 2 year old girl child is 9.5 kg. Her birth weight is 1.945 kg. Is it okay with her. Please help me with a good diet plan for her.
Hello doctor, My baby girl of 3 and half months is vomiting while feeding.. She vomits 2 to 3 times daily and quantity nearly 50 to 70 ml approximately. What may be the reason?
In which month baby can turn on his tummy or we should do this for sometime? And how much time he can be on his tummy?
My child 7 month old Suffering from cough and cold Ascoril LS plus good for him? As suggested by doctor.
My daughter is 2 years 11 months old. Her weight is between 10 to 11 kgs. She is having problem of febrile seizure. Her doctor suggested us that we have to take care of her fever for 5 years. She is having viral from 28th may evening and m giving her crocine syrup but till today she is having fever. Is it fine to give her crocine or should I go for a blood test.
My son has a problem that he doesn't like to eat home made food. He has no interest in eating any sort of home made food. He sits for long long hours hungry without eating anything. please help me wat should I do? Should I give him any tonic?
My 3 months old baby sounds like cold from his nose especially during crying. I have consulted doctor and they said it ok. Then what is the reason? Please suggest.
My 16 months old son swallowed small pieces of plastic cover now he tried to vomit but vomit did not come what can I do for it.
Have you heard of a health condition in which there are insufficient red blood cells in your body for carrying sufficient oxygen to all parts of the body? This condition is called sickle cell anemia and it is an inherited form of anemia. Usually, the red blood cells in your body are round and flexible and move through the blood vessels easily. In case of sickle cell anemia, the red blood cells become sticky and rigid. They are shaped like crescent moon or sickle. Because of the irregular shape, these can get stuck in the blood vessels, which slows down the blood flow.
The only potential cure of sickle cell anemia is a bone marrow transplant. Other treatment measures focus on easing the symptoms and preventing further complications. The various treatment modes are as follows:
- Antibiotics: Children with sickle cell anemia can start taking antibiotic penicillin by the age of two months. This prevents infections like pneumonia. Even in the case of adults with sickle cell anemia, antibiotics help in fighting certain infections.
- Pain-relieving medications: Several over-the-counter pain relief medications may be prescribed by a doctor for reducing pain during a sickle cell crisis. Hydroxyurea is another type of medicine, which helps in reducing the frequency of pain.
- Vaccinations: Childhood vaccinations should be given for preventing the disease in children. These vaccinations are more important for children already affected with sickle cell anemia as they are more prone to infections. Vaccines such as the annual flu shot and the pneumococcal vaccine are important for adults suffering from sickle cell anemia.
- Blood transfusions: In case of a red blood transfusion, red blood cells are removed from a supply of blood that is donated. The donated cells are intravenously given to a sickle cell anemia patient. Blood transfusion increases the number of normal red blood cell count in circulation, giving relief to anemia. Regular blood transfusions are important for children with sickle cell anemia, who are highly prone to stroke.
- Stem cell transplant: A stem cell transplant or a bone marrow transplant involves the replacement of the bone marrow affected by sickle cell anemia with a healthy bone marrow given by a donor. This is a risky procedure and is only recommended for patients with sickle cell anemia at a chronic stage.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of sickle cell anemia. This is a dangerous health condition and requires proper diagnosis and treatment before it gets out of your hands.