Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Jalandhar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mousam RoyYour feedback matters!
I am 21 year boy and suffering from serious pain in abdomen. I want to know how to get rid from it. So can I get some precautions and measures to cure it?
Sir mujhe gle m bhut jalan ho rhi h aur gas ki bh bhut prob. H mera pet har waqt fula rhta h ye problem mujhe lgbhg 3 saal s ho rhi h dawai khati hun thode wqt k liye aram hota phir whi haal ho jata h aur iski wjh s mera weight bh bhut badh gya h please koi solution btaiye.
Doctor mujhe ges ki problem hai jo mujhe kabhi kabhi bahut takleef deti hai aap mujhe iska koi ilaj bataiye.
Sir, I am feeling my lever is not working well. Please give me solution to make my lever good. I get this kinds of symptoms inside me. 1.gastric 2.diarrhoea 3.feeling tired 4.confusion,etc.
I'm suffering with severe pain in the right side of the abdomen from yesterday. I feel so pain when ever I move. What should be done with her?
What are the possible reasons for recurring mouth ulcers? please suggest some home remedies along with medications. Thanks.
Mere father ke 101° fever hai jiski suruwat 4 din pahle raat me tej kamar me dard or gas ki wajah se hui. Uss din se khaana pina nhi ho raha hai pasliyo me dard rahta hai. Gas ki problem hai kuch bhi khate hai wo pachta nhi isliye khane ki ichchha nhi hoti. Or bukhar rahta hai.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.