Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manjit Kaur Bawa
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjit Kaur BawaYour feedback matters!
Reasons for spotting during pregnancy and what you can do about it
Seeing spots of blood during pregnancy is usually a cause for concern. However, it is not uncommon. The light bleeding, which is known as spotting may occur for a number of reasons.
Bleeding during the first trimester
Spotting is most likely to happen during early pregnancy and the reasons could be many, such as:
- Implantation bleeding occurs during the first month of pregnancy when the fertilised egg gets attached to the wall of the uterus.
- Cervical polyps ( a tumour that form on the surface of the cervix) or yeast infection may also cause episodes of spotting.
- Miscarriage may be another possible reason for spotting
- Ectopic pregnancy is another cause. It is the condition in which the embryo plants itself in either of the fallopian tubes instead of the uterus.
- Molar pregnancy is a rare condition associated with spotting during pregnancy. When this is the case, instead of your baby, an abnormal tissue grows inside the uterus. Sometimes it can be cancerous too.
Bleeding during the second or third trimesters
Spotting may also occur during late pregnancy and the possible reasons are listed below.
- Problems related to placenta like placenta previa placental abruption can also result in spotting. These are serious conditions when the placenta either covers the cervix or it gets detached from the uterine wall respectively.
- Uterine rupture is the rare and unfortunate event when a scar from a previous surgery (like the removal of fibroid or previous caesarean scar bursts open and the baby slips into the pregnant woman's abdomen.
- Premature labour occurs when your body is too eager to deliver the baby, usually one month before the due date of delivery.
- Vasa Previa is another rare condition when a baby who is still developing has his blood vessels entangled in the umbilical cord or placenta-crossing the cervix. It is extremely dangerous because the blood vessels may burst open thus causing the baby to bleed and lose oxygen.
Here's what you can do about spotting
It is strongly recommended that you should immediately see your doctor as soon as you detect any spotting during your pregnancy. Only a well-qualified medical expert can suggest the appropriate steps to be taken, depending on your individual reasons and symptoms related to spotting.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Doctor, It is regarding my wife's spinal back pain from 2008 till today, have done MRI in 2010 & find out that its slip disc, she is taking medicines since 2008 Homeo+Ayur+Pain killers, but did not get relief, kindly suggest further, she had irregular menses after delivery till today.
Hi, I am 29 years old lady and having hair loss problem since ages and started using haemup gems for low ferritin levels and qsera serum for hairs. Now I am trying to conceive so should I stop haemup and qsera or continue using it. If I had stop then my hairs would fall again. Please suggest a good advice. Thanks in advance.
In a normal pregnancy, the egg that the ovaries release enters the fallopian tube. If a sperm fertilises it, the fertilised egg attaches itself inside the uterus. However, sometimes the fertilised egg can attach itself outside the uterus. This condition is called ectopic pregnancy.
Ectopic pregnancy can be detected in the first few weeks of the pregnancy itself. If your doctor does discover ectopic pregnancy, you would need immediate medical attention. Ectopic pregnancies can be sad and scary. The survival rate of the baby is extremely low, and you may need some time to get over your loss. Fortunately, one ectopic pregnancy doesn't mean you can never conceive again. Many women who lost their first baby to ectopic pregnancy have been able to have a healthy and normal pregnancy the second time around.
The causes of ectopic pregnancy include:
- An inflammation or infection of the fallopian tube can lead it to become entirely or partially blocked.
- Scar tissue from a surgery or an infection of the fallopian tube may also hinder the movement of the fertilised egg.
- Surgery in the tubes or pelvic areas in the past might cause adhesions.
- Birth defects or abnormal growths can cause anomalies in the shape of the tube.
These causes are usually followed by certain risk factors, such as:
- Age (The age group of 35-44 especially)
- An ectopic pregnancy in the past
- Previous abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Several prompted abortions
- Conceiving with an intrauterine device in place
- Endometriosis (growth of uterus lining tissues outside the uterus).
- Fertility treatments.
The signs and symptoms of ectopic pregnancy include:
- Minimal vaginal bleeding
- Vomiting and nausea with pain
- Pain in the lower abdomen
- Sharp cramps in the abdomen
- Localised pain (Pain concentrated on one side of your body)
- Pain in your neck, rectum or shoulder
- Rupture of the fallopian tubes can cause fainting due to the bleeding and pain
The treatment of ectopic pregnancy can be any one of the following:
- If the pregnancy has not progressed too far, methotrexate will be administered. This absorbs the pregnancy tissue and can save the fallopian tubes.
- The tubes may be removed if they have ruptured or stretched, and have started bleeding.
- Laparoscopic surgery (operations performed by making minor incisions) may be performed to remove or repair the tubes and recover the ectopic pregnancy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Does Asexuality Impact Penis Health?
For most men, maintaining their penis health is a priority. Even if they may not take all the steps necessary to keep their penis in prime condition, they still make some effort. And although they may do so partially because of the non-sexual functions in which the penis is involved, there's little doubt that for many men, being sure that the penis is likely to function superbly in sexual situations is a major motivating factor. And that's a two-way street, because using the penis in a sexual manner helps to maintain penis health. But what about men who fall in the asexuality spectrum? Does their asexuality impact their penis health?
Before getting into that question, it's important to have an understanding of what asexuality is. It used to be that an asexual was considered a person who didn't have any sexual or romantic feelings toward any person, of either sex. But nowadays defining asexuality is a little more complicated.
"An asexual is someone who does not experience sexual attraction. Unlike celibacy, which people choose, asexuality is an intrinsic part of who we are. Asexuality does not make our lives any worse or any better, we just face a different set of challenges than most sexual people. There is considerable diversity among the asexual community; each asexual person experiences things like relationships, attraction, and arousal somewhat differently."
The point about diversity is key. Some people who are asexual feel no romantic feelings about another person; others may feel romantic feelings but have no desire to act on those feelings in a sexual way.
Similarly, some people who are asexual don't have a desire for sex of any kind; others may not feel a desire for sex with other people, but they may enjoy having sex with themselves through masturbation.
So why is there a question concerning whether male asexuality could impact penis health? Mainly because there is still a great deal of research to be done in the field of asexuality. One of the questions that needs to be considered is whether an asexual man who does not engage in masturbation may in some way be negatively impacting his penis health.
One school of thought would lean toward saying that yes, there is an impact. As most men know, there is a "use it or lose it" aspect to penis health, Meaning, for example, that a man needs to experience some degree of sexual activity (partner-based or with his own hand) in order to keep the penis in good working order. However, that typically means good working sexual order - that the penis will be more likely to perform sexually if it is exercised. If a person is not interested in sex, this would seem to be a moot point.
Of course, it's probably a good idea for the penis to function "normally" even if sex is not in the game plan; but a person with asexuality does have a normally functioning penis. He still gets erections throughout the day and night. And if he does not masturbate, his penis will still periodically release semen through nocturnal emissions. So this school of thought would believe that asexuality does not have an impact on penis health.
Whether asexuality does have an impact on penis health has not been definitively researched yet. But whatever the definition, most men could benefit from using a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). The best crèmes will contain ingredients that are conducive to maintaining the health of the penis skin, such as moisturizers (like Shea butter and vitamin E) and antioxidants (such as alpha lipoic acid). A crème with vitamin A is also a good idea, as this vitamin has antibacterial properties that can help reduce unwanted and embarrassing penis odor.
Falling ill is part of life, and it helps to make our immune system stronger. We get exposed to a whole new generation of viruses and bacteria that our forefathers probably never heard of, while some disease-causing organisms such as streptococcus have stood the test of time. This particular strain causes the condition erysipelas, and we will be discussing everything about this type of illness.
Erysipelas is mostly seen amongst people who are old as they are usually at the highest risk of contracting it. However, it can also strike people who do not have a high level of immunity. In addition to this, the infection can spread across the skin at a rapid pace that a person is likely to be taken aback if one does not know what erysipelas looks like.
- Signs to watch out for: The first sign of the infection is a small red dot which expands to include a much larger area within the space of just a few hours. If the problem goes on for too long without getting treated, other symptoms which start cropping up include fevers, blisters on the affected areas of the skin as well as swollen glands, which can be quite painful.
- Catch it early: When a person has even the shadow of doubt that he or she may have erysipelas, it important to visit adoctor,as the condition should be nipped in the bud. This is usually done by providing some penicillin in the form of tablets. Instead of tablets, a syrup may also be used. If the severity of the condition demands that it be done, the patient may also be injected with a special form of penicillin.
If a person does not call the doctor quickly as he or she should, it could lead to complications. This will make treating the case of erysipelas all the more difficult and a long drawn-out affair. Now, it can be fully understood, if the patient is allergic to penicillin. The good news is that there are alternatives which have about the same level of efficacy. Erythromycin may have a fancy name, but if a person allergic to penicillin ever happens to contract erysipelas, he or she is likely to be a recipient of it.
In spite of all of this, conventional medicine has better alternatives such as homeopathic treatment, to cure erysipelas. In fact, homeopathic treatment is rising in popularity due to the lack of side effects and the universality of its applicability. This means that it does not matter that people are allergic to penicillin at all. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
सुरक्षित सेक्स के सुनिश्चित तरीके
रिश्ते शुरू होते हैं, रिश्ते खत्म हो जाते हैं। लेकिन एक रिश्ता ऐसा होता है जो वक्त के साथ-साथ और गहरा हो जाता है। वो रिश्ता है प्यार और सेक्स का रिश्ता। आकर्षण रिश्ते का बीजारोपण तो कर देता है, लेकिन कितनी दूर तक लेकर जाना है यह आप पर निर्भर करता है। और अगर दोनों अपने रिश्ते को सेक्स तक लेकर जा रहे हैं, तो फिर आपको कुछ बातों का खयाल रखना जरूरी है। क्योंकि बात जब सेक्स की हो तो आप सुरक्षा को नजरअंदाज नहीं करना चाहिये।
सेक्स के बारे में बात करें
हमारा कहने का अर्थ यह नहीं कि आप अश्लील बातें करने लग जाएं। अगर आप अपने साथी के साथ पहली बार सेक्स करने जा रहे हैं, तो कुछ बातों पर जरूर बात करें। यौन रोग, यौन साथी और अन्य बातों के बारे में बात कर लेनी चाहिये। सेक्स से पहले आप दोनों का एक ही धरातल पर होना जरूरी है।
कण्डोम का उपयोग
चाहे आप पहली बार संभोग करने जा रहे हों या फिर आप अनुभवी हों, कण्डोम सुरक्षा का सबसे बड़ा जरिया है। यह न केवल आपको अनचाहे गर्भ से बचाता है, बल्कि यह एचआईवी/एड्स और अन्य कई यौन रोगों से भी आपकी रक्षा करता है। ओर हां, एक समय में एक ही कण्डोम पहनें, दो कण्डोम पहनने से आपको नुकसान ही होगा।
संभोग के लिए लुब्रिकेट कण्डोम ही इस्तेमाल करें। लुब्रिकेशन न सिर्फ कण्डोम को फटने से बचाता है, बल्कि इससे पहनना और इस्तेमाल करना भी आसान होता है। इतना ही नहीं अधिक लुब्रिकेशन से आपकी महिला साथी को संभोग का अधिक आनंद आता है।
साथी के लिए रहें वफादार
अपने साथी के प्रति वफादार रहकर आप यौन संचारित रोगों के खतरों को कम कर सकते हैं। याद रखें, जब आप किसी साथी के साथ संभोग करते हैं, तो कहीं न कहीं अपरोक्ष रूप से आप उन सब लोगों के साथ जुड़ जाते हैं, जिनके साथ उस व्यक्ति का संबंध रहा है। तो ऐसे में बेहतर है कि आप अपने साथी के प्रति वफादार रहें।
कण्डोम फिर भी है जरूरी
भले ही आप केवल अपने साथी के साथ ही संबंध बना रहे हों, लेकिन फिर भी कण्डोम का कोई विकल्प नहीं है। और आप इसकी अनदेखी नहीं कर सकते।
शराब से फैसले पर असर
कई गलत फैसले शराब और ड्रग्स के प्रभाव में लिये जाते हैं। तो सेक्सुअल क्रिया से पहले और दौरान अल्कोहल या अन्य नशीले पदार्थों का सेवन न करें।
ओरल सेक्स से बचें
ओरल सेक्स से कई प्रकार के संक्रमण हो सकते हैं। कई ऐसे उदाहरण भी सामने आये हैं, जब ओरल सेक्स से व्यक्ति को कैंसर होने की बात सामने आयी है। इससे बचने का एक तरीका यह है कि ओरल सेक्स करते हुए आप कण्डोम का उपयोग करें। बाजार में आजकल फ्लेवर कण्डोम उपलब्ध हैं। हां, संभोग के लिए सामान्य लुब्रिकेटेड कण्डोम का ही इस्तेमाल करें।
जो न हो पसंद वो न करें
सेक्स पूरी तरह से आपकी निजी पसंद का मामला है। किसी प्रकार के दबाव में आकर सेक्स न करें। जब तक आप पूरी तरह से आश्वस्त न हों, इस क्रिया से दूर ही रहें। सुरक्षित रहें, तभी आप बेहतर और आनंददायक सेक्स का आनंद उठा पायेंगे।