Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit Kumar TandonYour feedback matters!
My baby is of 6 month he has loose stool problem since 8 days. We are giving ors and imubless. But stool is still loose what should we do. Please tell us.
My daughter has just started her 9 months. She is 8 kgs and look very slim and tiny. Please let me know her appropriate weight at this time. Her birth weight was 2.9 kgs and also provide me a food chart for increasing weight. She was exclusively breastfed for 6 months and now I have just started with nestum rice. I am avoiding formula and focusing on home-made food.
I have a son who is doing is iii std. When he starts learning a subject during his study time he spends merely half an hour. After that or if we say that he had studied well so lets move on with the next subject or portion is interest drops and great dislike or aversion is seen in further learning process. He shows arogancy towards me. What is the problem with him. Because of his nature within few minutes he forgets everything what he learnt earlier with interest. Why is it so?
My 6 years son who is suffering from adhd & asd. At nimhans/banglore no medicine was prescribed and only suggest some skill at home. Now his adhd problem is continued as he is not sit constantly in one place. Please suggest me. Nimhans is far away from my native.
My 7 month baby boy last 3-4 days, every night crying so much and also having some cough, what can I do for him?
My daughter is 3 month old. Today she take her 3 month injection. After taking injection she is facing fever. What can we do?
Dear sir my little child of 19 month does not eat anything, he depend only on milk he is very naughty and do not eat anything we are trying very method of different type but we are failed. So please tell me anything to eat them his weight is 10.5kg and height is above 2.2 fit.
My daughter is one year and one month old. Her weight is 7.8 kg and her birthweight is 3 kg. She eats everything from breakfast to dinner but her weight is same from last four months. She is underweight. Please suggest any healthy drink or supplement for her normal growth?
For children with normal separation anxiety, there are steps you can take to make the process of separation anxiety easier.
1. Practice separation. Leave your child with a caregiver for brief periods and short distances at first.
2. Schedule separations after naps or feedings. Babies are more susceptible to separation anxiety when they’re tired or hungry.
3. Develop a “goodbye” ritual. Rituals are reassuring and can be as simple as a special wave through the window or a goodbye kiss.
4. Keep familiar surroundings when possible and make new surroundings familiar. Have the sitter come to your house. When your child is away from home, let him or her bring a familiar object.
5. Have a consistent primary caregiver. If you hire a caregiver, try to keep him or her on the job.
6. Leave without fanfare. Tell your child you are leaving and that you will return, then go—don’t stall.
7. Minimize scary television. Your child is less likely to be fearful if the shows you watch are not frightening.
8. Try not to give in. Reassure your child that he or she will be just fine—setting limits will help the adjustment to separation.
Abnormal separation anxiety needs expert assistance. Consult a psychologist for advise and intervention.
My daughter has 15months baby, she is suffering from too cold and cough. Which medicine is suitable for this?
Hello sir, my son is of 2.5 years old. He often get stuffy nose and cough immediately which lasts for 3 days of severity in cough with wheezing. He will be hospitalized to reduce that, this happens sometimes more frequently in about 10-15 days. No doctor has said the exact reason, I am much worried about that cough as that will be continuously dry cough and he can't even speak.please help
What is congenital hypothyroidism?
Newborn babies who are unable to make enough thyroid hormone have congenital hypothyroidism, meaning they are born with an underactive or absent thyroid gland. If the condition is not found and treated, children can have mental retardation and growth failure. But the good news is that early diagnosis and proper treatment can prevent these problems. In most cases, the condition is permanent and your child will need lifelong treatment.
What causes congenital hypothyroidism?
The most common causes are
- An underdeveloped thyroid gland
- A thyroid gland that’s not located where it should be (in the neck below the voice box or larynx)
- A missing thyroid gland
Other possible causes include
- Defective production of thyroid hormone (an inherited condition)
- Problems with the pituitary gland (located at the base of the brain), which tells the thyroid to make thyroid hormone
- Less commonly, a mother’s thyroid disease or medicines taken during pregnancy can cause congenital hypothyroidism.
What are the signs and symptoms of congenital hypothyroidism?
Many babies with congenital hypothyroidism appear normal at birth or for several months after birth. But others may have these signs and symptoms:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
- Poor muscle tone
- A hoarse cry
- They might also have
- Feeding problems
- A thick, large tongue
- A puffy-looking face
- A swollen abdomen, sometimes with “outpouching” of the belly button
- Large soft spots of the skull
Thyroid hormone deficiency can also occur in older babies or young children, even if test results at birth were normal.
Early diagnosis is very important. Most of the effects of hypothyroidism are easy to reverse. For this reason, doctors always ask to get screening for hypothyroidism of your newborn.
Thyroxine is usually given to treat hypothyroidism. Once the child starts taking this medicine, blood tests are regularly done to make sure thyroid hormone levels are in a normal range.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- You feel your infant shows signs or symptoms of hypothyroidism
- You are pregnant and have been exposed to antithyroid drugs or procedures
If a pregnant woman takes radioactive iodine for thyroid cancer, the thyroid gland may be destroyed in the developing fetus. Infants whose mothers have taken such medicines should be observed carefully after birth for signs of hypothyroidism. Also, pregnant women should not avoid iodine-supplemented salt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Eat a balanced diet which contains whole cereals, pulses, dal, all seasonal fruits, salads and vegetables, milk and milk products. Keep away from sweets, junk food, oily food as much as possible.
Exercise daily. For children outdoor play daily is exercise.
Get your child's weight and height checked periodically by your pediatrician. This will help to detect deviation from growth early.
My son Aged 11 years is behaving abnormally. He is showing rigidity towards his demand and always says I will go to somewhere else if his demand not fulfilled. He also use abusive word to his mother etc. Pls suggest. Is it symptom of psychological problem or its normal.
Sir 13 months boy has Non Functional Right kidney (MCD) found in DTPA Test, size rt kidney is 3.8*1.6 cm whereas Left Kidney is normal in size.
Need to know abt my baby.He is born on 29th jan 2015 , jst completed 1 month. M worring abt him as he is puiking many times after feeding. Jst let me knw is it the thing to worry abt
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.