Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Is it normal for young children to stop taking or needing naps? My 3½-year-old hasn’t taken a nap in quite a while, but seems to do OK.
My daughter is 3 & half Months old. She is a healthy child but she has motions cleared at an interval of 2-3 days. This has been going on from a month now. Is this normal or she needs some medicine for regular motions. She feeds on mother's milk and urinates quite frequently whole day. Also please tell me if she needs calcium or any other supplement to support her good growth as she is already 7.750 kg by weight.
I gave wheat rava today 1st time to 11 month boy baby. He is doing loose motion now at one time. Is not safe to give him. How?
My newly born child is 5 days old. The result of his Thyroid Profile is under: T3- 3.19, T4- 238.34 & TSH-6.01. All the value is above under biological reference interval. His mother is a patient of hypo-thyroid and she is being taken thyroid medicine of the dose of 200 for five days and 150 for weekend. Her thyroid value is control. What will be serious problem for newly born child for these result of thyroid profile. Please suggest. W.
Why vaccination of baby is confusing? Which Standard should we follow as Government Schedule and Private Schedule are different.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 Degrees she can not keep anything down including Liquids. What should I do?
My daughter's son is 1.5 year old. Which milk is safe for him. He is on breastfeed currently. Can v give cow milk? His weight is 12 kg.
Hi, my son is always asking for something or the other that he knows we would not like eg using for phones, wants to go to shop to buy random things. He does not understand difference between aap and main. Is there something to be worried about?
My daughter is 7 months old. Her weight is 5.25 kg. She is so active but not increasing her weight. I am giving raging sari and vitamin drops. Doctor please tell me some tips. What food shall I give or not give? his birth weight is 2.5 KGS.
my sone is surfing from Autism , he is now 5 years old but could not speek properly, is ther any medicine help him
My daughter 10 months old having temper tantrum since 2 months. Is it curable? Is it a sign of behavioral problem? What should I do?
Hi, my 2 months baby refuses to drink breast milk as well as bottle feed. I am very tense she is hungry. Also advice how much lactogen I should give her whole day. & I would like to breast feed her during day. Please advice.
To augment the quantity of breast milk, take 1 gm roasted wheat flour, 10 gm walnut leaves, mix the two and prepare chapattis. Fry the chapattis in ghee made from cow's milk. Eating these chapattis for seven days increases the production of breast milk.
Hello doctor, my baby boy is now 4weeks 4 days old born with an c section delivery. He has jaundice still. He was given phototherepy for 24 hours at his 5th day along vid himalaya liv52 5drops 2times for 7 days after dat he was given udi-liv 150 tablet 1/8 2times for another 7 days. Still he has jaundice now after asking a doctor he advice me to expose him to sunlight and give him liv52 drops and udi liv-150 tablet together more 15days what should I do please help me out m so worried is dis a working idea for nmy baby.
The most prevalent type of eczema is Atopic dermatitis. It is not a communicable disease and is usually caused, owing to immunological alterations within the body.
The fundamental characteristic of homeopathy treatment is that it targets with respect to eczema:
1. Genetic components
2. Coping mechanism with sentimental triggers
Major advantages of homeopathy include:
1. It treats the disturbances of immune system and treats the roots of this disease.
2. In most of the cases its effects are long lasting.
3. It is non-toxic and causes zero side effects.
The following are effective homeopathic remedies to treat eczema:
1. Weeping type of eczema: Graphite is an effective homeopathic medication that treats the weeping type of eczema that usually occurs between fingers or toes, behind the ears and scalp. It provides effective relief from eczematous eruptions that discharge sticky fluid and eczema that develops on eyelids.
2. Dry eczema in knees joints and bents of elbow: Sepia officinalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for eczema in knees and bends of elbow. It provides relief from severe scratching that occurs due to dry skin.
3. Excessive itching: Sulphur is a Natural Homeopathic medicine, which is considered one of the most effective remedies for eczema. It provides instant relief from burning sensation and excessive itching. It is also beneficial in the case of eczema that has worsened due to the indiscriminate usage of external ointments.
4. Gastric or urinary trouble: Lycopodium clavatum is an effective remedy for patients suffering from some sort of urinary or gastric trouble. It is also known to provide effective relief from severe itching and bleeding resulting from eczematous eruptions. It also provides relief in cases of deep fissures and hardening of skin.
Hi, My baby is 2 months & 4 days old. My in laws forbid to take the baby out due to some old traditions which is according to me is there blind faith. I want to know if its ok to take my child to a nearby part for a stroll or a mall for a movie?
My son is one and half year old. My son is in the habit of thumb sucking. I have tried so many things but he still does it. Even because of this habit his teeth are not in proper shape. What should I do.
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.