Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. K Rao


Urologist, Jalandhar

28 Years Experience  ·  500 at clinic
Dr. K Rao MBBS Urologist, Jalandhar
28 Years Experience  ·  500 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences....more
Our team includes experienced and caring professionals who share the belief that our care should be comprehensive and courteous - responding fully to your individual needs and preferences.
More about Dr. K Rao
Dr. K Rao is a renowned Urologist in SAS Nagar, Jalandhar. He has been a successful Urologist for the last 28 years. He has completed MBBS . You can visit him at Lajwanti Hospital in SAS Nagar, Jalandhar. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. K Rao on has a number of highly qualified Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 42 years of experience on You can find Urologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MBBS - Government Medical College, Amritsar - 1989
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Lajwanti Hospital

Cool Road, Near Air 6, Cool StreeJalandhar Get Directions
500 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. K Rao

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Bangalore
For repeated uti urinary tract infection
Soak 10 to 15 dry grapes or raisens in a glass of water drink its water early morning empty stomach.
25 people found this helpful

I am a patient of Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, Knee joint Pain, Severe Constipation besides enlargement of Prostate Gland. First of all I want remedy for constipation and knee pain.Please tell.

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
Respected lybrate-user for constipation have more liquids green leafy veg fibers fruits curd. Avoid oily spicy. Isabgul 3 teaspoonful at night with glass of leuk warm water. For knee pain hot water dome rations.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My mother is getting severe health problems. She is suffering wd gas trouble, kidney stones, now her legs are swelling very much along with back me

MCh - Urology, Visiting Fellow Andrology and Men's Health, Visiting Physician Urology and Andrology, Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery, Master of Surgery, MBBS, EUREP USI Fellowship
Urologist, Gurgaon
This is a very common situation and your mother will require investigations for her medical condition. Weight reduction, bland diet along with plenty of fluids and salt restriction will benefit her. She will also require a cardiac checkup and renal checkup. Abdominal sonography will throw more light on the size and location of the stones, based on which further treatment can be suggested.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear Sir, I am 40 years old, my problem is I have pain at the place of anal. In the time of motion it will heavy pain.

Dear lybrate user, you should take the following medications as directed:- 1) 5 drops of homoeopathic sulphur 200 once in a week. 2) 5 drops of homoeopathic aesculus hip 30 at early morning daily before brushing teeth 3) 5 drops of homoeopathic podophyllum 30 before going to bath daily. 4) 5 drops of homoeopathic hamamelis 30, just one hour before dinner daily.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 30 years old male. I have got pain and irritation while going to toilet in anus. I need some remedy for this. Kindly suggest to this problem.

PGDMLS, PGDHHM, LLB, PhD Surgery, MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Gurgaon
This pain and irritation during defecation could be due to piles or fissure. It will need to be physically examined. However, anal problems improve with general measures but may require surgery. The general measures I would suggest are 1. Take lot of vegetables & fruits in your diet 2. Avoid chillies & spices 3. Take lot of fluids 4. Avoid constipation 5 periodically do anal exercises (alternately contracting & relaxing the buttocks, anal area & upper thighs) 6. Take sitz bath 3-4 times a day. This means sitting in a tub of warm water & doing anal exercises 7. Atleast once get it examined by a general surgeon.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My father had an aortic valve replacement on 26 th march 2015. And after the surgery from 31st march onwards he is facing some obstruction while urination. He says urination is not free flow as before.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear , I am sure he must have been catheterised at the time of surgery. If so infection is likely. So get a urine examination done. If no pus cells found then he must have enlarged prostate and i. V. Fluids must have precipitated weak flow of urine. In that case alpha blockers should be started if he is retaining urine after urination. At the same time see that he is not constipated as many patients develop constipation after surgery due to bedridden state and painkillers. Dr. Kiran mehta.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What are the do's and don't's for a female patient of 47 years who had stone in Urinary bladder but had successfully operation but for future prevention of recurrence of Stone in Urinary or Uterious.

General Physician, Ahmedabad
Have you got stone chemical analysis done? than accordingly suggestion b given. In general you need to drink 3 to 4 litres of water daily to prevent stone formation. Get immidiate treatment of any infection.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 21 years old male , from past 2-3 weeks my sister keeps telling me that my toilet smells bad . I and my mom are really worried as to what the reason might be . I am not feeling any pain while urinating Should I take any urinary test? If so what test should I take Can you please help me.

PGD Maternal Child Health, MBBS
General Physician, Akola
Drink plenty of fluids and water. Concentrated urine smells strongly and dilution by water should do away with this. If you do not have any urinary complaints and fever there is less possibility of anything wrong with you and it may be a personal perception of your family member. If at all you wish to do, test your urine for evidence of pus cells and routine examination.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello sir, I am 56years old man, approx two months ago I had a prostrate operation, still I had irritation in my penis (at tube) whenever I pee at pressure what could be the reason.

MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Kanpur
I think that is very much natural to have some pain after turp. Most likely it will go away with time. Pls consult your urologist to rule out uti.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 68 years old taking treatment for type 2 diabetes and bp. I had undergone prostate enlargement operation, bye pass surgery and operation for stones in kidney in the year 2009. Now my sugar level is less than 200 and bp is130/80. The problem is I go for twice in a week for bowls and it is hard please advice.

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
Respected lybrate-user hi have more liquids green leafy veg fiber curd. Isabgul 3 teaspoonful at night with glass of leuk warm water at night for 15 days. Morning walk of 30 minutes & yoga for 20 minutes will help tremendously dear thanks regards.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have uti (pus cells - 9-14), I want to know the reasons and what should I do to avoid it in future ?

General Physician, Nashik
the reason is low immunity or diabetes... kindly consult privately for personalised assessment and management.. Dr surbhi agrawal consultant physician and diabetologist
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am aged 60 suffering from prostrate expansion since one year. I am not a sugar patient. I have burning sensation at sexual life. No other symptoms on urine passage. Suggest precautions.

DNB (General Surgery), MS - General Surgery
General Surgeon, Sri Ganganagar
Get your self examined from a surgeon or urologist digital rectal examination will rule out prostatis or seminal vesicles infection if any.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have anal fissure problem and want to conceive. So I stopped taking homeopathic medicine for anal fissure as I thought it might get interfere with my would be pregnancy. BT again I face anal bleeding. So is it safe to recontinue my homeopathic medicine?

General Surgeon, Gandhinagar
Respected lybrate-user hi yes sure you can continue your homeopathic treatment totally without any harms dear thanks regards welcome for any queries anytime.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Peeing frequently means any health issue or any disease, as m feeling same since 2 days, also as its hot summer days here we drink a lot of water each time, so does it affects peeing?

PGDCC (Cardiology ), CCEBDM (Diabetes), CCGDM (Gestational Diabetes), CCMTD (Thyroid), MBBS
Cardiologist, Udaipur
It normal. Yes drinking lot of water in summers is good. If you have any burning sensation during passing urine than only its a problem, else it will be ok in a day or 2 time.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have urinary infection I guess burning and pain and urge to urinate took urispas tablet ,crammed tab, woflox oz tab from yesterday night yet not reduced those were my previous time prescription.

General Physician, Cuttack
You have to take antibiotic for 5 days. Drink plenty of water.Do urine examination for Re/Me,culture and sensitivity and consult doctor for advice and treatment
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

What is the frequency of urination in a day for male and what is basic time interval between urination periods.Please tell.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Freq is not constant it depend upon many factor like weather, amount of water intake frequent urination may be due to many reason like physiological (normal) due to excess tea/ coffee or may psychogenic or may be due to urinary infection.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from kidney stone pain from last 1 months. Can anyone help from the pain from kidney stone. What should I do.

Homeopath, Faridabad
Hello, Kindly mention the size and the exact location of stone as small stones can be crushed and flushed out with homoeopathic medication.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hi sir. My mom is in ckd stage 5 with creatinine 4.7 going through dialysis 3 times a week. Will the dialysis cont. For ever? Is there any way out other than dialysis?

MBBS, M.S. (Surgery)
General Surgeon, Lucknow
Hello. As you say that you r mother having CKD stage 5 and on dialysis 3 time a week at this stage you have 2 option either renal transplant or continue with dialysis. So consult for transplant.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed