Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurpreet KaurYour feedback matters!
Very good doctor.. Consultation is also good.. Fully satisfied.. Still continue for check up..
Yesterday night I had a sex but not fully inserted in vagina rubbed outer during enjuclation took it I left my sperm outside is she get any chance to get pregnant.
I am a 21 year old married girl. I m trying to conceive. It has been a year now. M very irregular with my periods. Today is 25th day after I missed my period. On testing m negative. please advice.
I ate a I pill after unprotected sex now its been 6 days I have not had bleeding what should I do. Do I do a urine pregnancy test.
Sinusitis refers to an extremely painful condition caused due to the inflammation and swelling of sinuses. A host of causes contribute to sinusitis, chief among them being allergies, air pollution or sometimes infection (learn more About Acute Respiratory Infections). It causes extreme discomfort, throbbing headache, sore throat and a blocked nose. Though different branches of medicines have tried in their own ways of dealing with this problem, ayurveda with its reliance on natural products as remedial measures have emerged as a clear favorite.
Some of the ayurvedic remedies for sinusitis are:
- Inhalation of steam with tulsi: The benefits of tulsi are widespread and need little introduction. The ambit of its advantages is expansive, making its presence felt even in treating sinusitis. In case of severe bouts of sinusitis, it is highly recommended that you inhale steam with tulsi almost every day in the week.
- Have ginger along with honey: Another way of treating acute pangs of sinusitis is by making a paste of ginger and honey. Make small tablets of this mixture and for most effective results it is advisable that you have it every day.
- Avoid certain food: Just how incorporating certain food in the diet help in reducing the pain of sinusitis, eliminating few, often times help you to achieve the same purpose. When you suffer from sinusitis, it is only advisable that you diligently avoid dairy products like milk, yoghurt as well as intoxicants like cigarettes (know about the impacts of smoking on your organs) and alcohol.
- Lemon juice and water: In the initial stages of sinusitis, having a daily concoction of lemon juice and water is considered very beneficial. During this phase maintaining a light diet is advisable.
- Practice pranayama: The gamut of ayurvedic remedies includes not only the prescription of what to eat and what to avoid but also several exercises that help in expediting the process of recovery. Among them, pranayama with its focus on control and regulation of breath is particularly beneficial in curing sinusitis.
My wife has taken unwanted 72 after 100 hours still she is pregnant is there any side effect of that on pregnancy or growth of baby.
Ever had tempting food calling out to you, but could not to swallow it? This could be a serious medical condition and should not be taken lightly. Sometimes, certain disorders in the throat or the esophagus culminate in acute difficulties in swallowing. Commonly termed dysphagia, this disease is directly linked to some sort of a neuro cardiac abnormality. Dysphagia is commonly noted in babies and aged people or in other words in those age groups whose immunity systems are not necessarily strong. Occasional troubles in swallowing can go unnoticed and may not necessarily raise the alarm, but if this condition prevails for a comparatively long period of time, then one really needs to get themselves checked.
Some of the most prominent causes of dysphagia have been enlisted below:
- Muscular and nervous dysfunctions: On certain occasions, the nerves and the muscles that are responsible for transporting food through the food pipe may not be functioning properly. As a consequence of which, food particles find it difficult to navigate through the esophagus and reach the stomach. Such a condition may be spurred by a stroke or nervous diseases like Parkinson's, sclerosis or dystrophy. A weak immunity system, leading to an inflammation and thus narrowing of the esophageal walls may also cause such a disease.
- Gastronomical distresses: Ulcers or inflammation of the food pipe due to some gastroenteric disorders is also a cause of dysphagia. Such a condition may arise out of innocuous situations like an allergic reaction or on account of more chronic medical distresses like cancers and tumors.
- Dryness inside the mouth: The saliva in the mouth helps in debilitating the food particles into digestible form. However, due to some kind of a hormonal imbalance, if there isn't adequate saliva formation, it becomes a task to swallow the food and results in dysphagia.
With timely diagnosis, dysphagia can be treated effectively. Treating dysphagia usually involves a few clinical methods as well as a few lifestyle changes. Certain specialists advice exercising the throat muscles that can possibly ease out swallowing while others recommend specific changes in the diet for the same. Surgical procedures involve dilation and endoscopy which clears out the surface area of the esophagus as a result of which heals dysphagia to a great extent.
Here are benefits of Preventive Screening
Hi I’m doctor Asthta Dayal and I’m a consultant gynecologist. And I practice in Gurgaon. I have completed my graduation and post-graduation from Maulana Azad Medical College and I have done my MRCOG from London. I have practiced in hospitals like MediCity and Artemis and now I’m privately practicing in Gurgaon so I would like to discuss about preventive screening. Unfortunately preventive screening is something that is highly ignored by women in India and in fact the only time when a woman visits the gynecologist is when she’s actually pregnant now the kind of diseases that we’re having these days like PCOD, thyroid cancers. It is very important that we detect them at an early stage and treat them and unfortunately they don’t produce any symptoms still at very late stage. So that is why a preventive screening is the need of the hour.
So all women should get an annual preventive health check from a gynecologist. Now what happens in the gynea-check that when you count all the gynecologist, we first take your history in which try illicit factors which will put out a higher-than-usual risk of getting a certain disease like PCOD or cancer if you have a family history and then we go on to an examination which includes a breast examination. You can actually learn the examination from your gynecologist which you should be doing yourself once every month and now. This is important because breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in cities in India and India we have a 50-percent of vitality of breast cancer and main reason for this is because it is detected a very late stage.
So this besides the self-examination we mentioned also go for mammography once every other year, once there is about the age of 40. Besides this we also do an abdominal examination and an internal gynea examination. Now an internal check is something which women really are apprehensive about and that’s the reason they don’t want to visit a gynecologist but believe me it’s not painful. At the most it is a little uncomfortable or a little weird and it does not even take a minute during the internal check. We take you for any infection, sexually transmitted diseases, any cervical polyps and any conditions of the uterus like a fibroid or ovarian cyst and you can also take a pap tests at the same time. Now what is a pap smear? Pap Smear is a test which in which we just take cells from the mouth of the uterus, which is the cervix and we send it for testing. It is a screening test for cervical cancer which actually detects the cancer 15 years before the cancer develops.
Now cervical cancer is the second most important cancer in women in India. In fact, one woman is dying every eight minutes because of cervical cancer in India and this is such a distressing statistic because this cancer is highly preventable and treatable in fact there is a vaccine for cervical cancer. Vaccine which can be given to women in the age group of 19 to 27 and this actually prevents the occurrence of cancer. It is given routinely in US and UK in schools but in India we are highly unaware about it. So it is a good practice to get your routine screening for the PAP smear once every three years and an ultrasound annually to detect problems like PCOD and thyroid and other fibroids and so I would highly recommend that women do get an annual health check. And because the health of the woman and reflect only health the family.
So in case you want to get in touch with me you can do that through the Lybrate through a chat or a call or you would consult me in my clinic in Gurgaon.
Hi, need help from a Gynaec, I am 29 years old and married. My menstrual is due today and I have slight bleeding since a week. Also, it's on and off. Please suggest.
I am 26 years old female I am pregnant with 2 month I do not want right now any kids how to abort this child?
Is contraceptive device IUCD Is safe or not. Yesterday a gynaecologist suggest me this hormonal IUCD. Dr. tell me this is a five year contraceptive device, no need to worry. Dear Lybrate doctor pl tell me about this. Mala d fails lactation starts. Copper T failed, bleeding starts, tab.bgap failed, unwanted pregnancy, we do not want tubectomy or vasectomy. Pl tell what precaution reg. Sex if Dr. Insert this device in uterus. If this device harmful to my sexual organ, or any other problem during sexual intercross.
Here are cause, symptoms, and treatments of Blocked Nose or Stuffy Nose
Hello, I am Dr. B. B. Khatri. I am an ENT consultant. I am going to tell you about blocked stuffy nose.
Stuffy nose or blocked nose is a very common problem and usually it is caused by swelling and congestion of the tissues in the nose due to inflamed blood vessels. Sometimes it is accompanied by nasal discharge and other symptoms. The common causes of blocked nose are Deviated Nasal Septum, Allergic Rhinitis, Common Cold, Flu and Nasal Polyps. There can be enlargement of Adenoid Tissue which is situated behind the nose and sometimes traumatic swelling. It is also common during pregnancy and other factors like humidification, temperature change etc. To diagnose the disease or cause of the stuffy blocked nose we have to examine the nose and see if there are any polyps congested turbinate selling of tissues, discharge and throat and other examinations. Then we may have to do certain investigations like CT scan, X-Ray, PNS and Allergic tests.
The common household remedies are usually Steam Inhalation, Well Hydration. The hydration makes the mucous clear and liquefied. Also elevation of the head may be a cure. Some saline sprays are also helpful for the home remedies. Doctor usually treats it with anti-allergic tablets and nasal spray which also have anti allergic action. The nasal sprays are acting locally. Depending upon the cause, there are polyps and adenoids to be removed surgically and deviation of nasal septum that is also corrected by surgery. Depending on other causes, certain specific treatments are also there.
Warning signals should be kept in mind whenever there is stuffy nose with nasal discharge which is yellow or greenish in nature or one sided discharge along with fever or severe headache or swelling of face, nose, eyes and the doctor should be immediately contacted. Head injury followed by nasal discharge, if there is cough that is lasting for more than 10 days along with yellowish or greenish discharge then we need to immediately contact the doctor.
If the symptoms do not respond to home remedies then you can consult me.
I am thirty years old female, with 22 weeks of pregnancy. This is my third pregnancy and have two kids. During my second pregnancy I started to feel Braxton Hicks around 6 th month of pregnancy and at the seventh month I had preterm labour pain. I was put on complete bed rest for a month and in the beginning of the ninth month I gave birth to a baby. Now this is my third pregnancy, I have started Braxton Hicks again in 18 weeks. Had scanning in 21 weeks and everything seems to be normal with proper cervical length. Should I start taking medicines for preterm labour pain or is it normal.
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.
As much as we would like to ignore it, domestic abuse is a very common problem. Not every woman has the strength to fight against it and confide in someone. As a friend, it is your duty to look out for them. You don’t have to be an expert in psychology to know the warning signs of domestic violence. Here are 8 such warning signs.
- She is quiet when he is around: If your friend is normally jovial and suddenly becomes quiet the moment her partner is around, don’t overlook the change. She may be scared of saying something that might upset him and start a fight.
- She allows herself to be put down: In almost all cases of domestic violence, the woman is made to feel guilty about everything. This becomes habit and she loses her will to fight back. If you notice you’re friend allowing her partner to walk over her and put her down, she may be facing abuse at home.
- She withdraws from friends and family: Social withdrawal is another major sign of domestic violence. There may be a number of reasons for this; he is too possessive of her, she is injured and scared of letting people see her injuries etc.
- Unexplained injuries: Making an excuse that walking into a door caused a black eye isn’t only a scene from the movies. If your friend suddenly starts wearing inappropriate clothes such as long sleeved tops in summer, she may be a victim of domestic abuse. Look out for such excuses and injuries.
- Plans that are frequently cancelled at the last moment: Victims of domestic abuse often make plans, but never keep them. This could be because their partner does not like them going out without them or because she is injured and doesn’t want you to see her injuries.
- She has casually mentioned violent behavior, but dismissed it lightly: Casually mentioning violent behavior at home could be your friend’s way of trying to tell you that something is wrong. We fear being judged and hence it is sometimes very difficult to speak openly about facing domestic abuse. If you feel a friend is being domestically abused, encourage her to share her problems with you.
- Her finances and personal choices are not controlled by her: Domestic abuse victims usually have most of their lives controlled by their partners. This includes finances, choice of clothing, social attendance etc.
- The children seem nervous and frequently upset: Children may not say much, but notice a lot. Even if they are not abused, seeing their mother hurt can affect a child and make them moody, withdrawn and upset. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I'm newly married since 1 year And while foreplay my life parter don't like to insert my finger her vagina to stimulate more she likes only penis inside vagina and whenever I am inserting my penis inside the vagina I have early ejaculation what should I do for best sex life. Kindly suggest to me.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROWN RICE
1.Help to reduce diabetes.
2.Maintain a healthy level of cholesterol.
3.Help in the prevention of various types of cancer.
4.Rich in antidepressant properties.
5.Help to control weight.
6.Boost immune system and healthy bones.
7.Helps in smooth functioning of brain and nervous system.