Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amanpreet SinghYour feedback matters!
My son whose age is 9 years. He is 26 kg in weight. I think he is under weight. He is quite fit. Please give me advice to increase his weight to look smart.
To help your children protect their teeth and gums and greatly reduce their risk of getting cavities, teach them to follow these simple steps:
1. Brush twice a day with fluoride toothpaste to remove plaque-the sticky film on teeth that's the main cause of tooth decay.
2. Floss daily to remove plaque from between your teeth and under the gumline, before it can harden into tartar. Once tartar has formed, it can only be removed by a professional cleaning.
3. Eat a well-balanced diet that limits starchy or sugary foods, which produce plaque acids that cause tooth decay. When you do eat these foods, try to eat them with your meal instead of as a snack-the extra saliva produced during a meal helps rinse food from the mouth.
4. Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste. Make sure that your children's drinking water is fluoridated. If your water supply; municipal, well or bottled does not contain fluoride, your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe daily fluoride supplements. Take your child to the dentist for regular checkups.
My son is 1 and half year I can give him ultra d3 syrup if yes tell me how many doses should be given?
My 2 months old daughter sleeps a lot in night or 12am to 5am then she wakes up for feed again frm 5: 30 am to 8 am she sleeps continuously without feed. Please tell me what should i do?
My baby is 2.5 months old. Since last 1 month she has developed cough abd I have been giving her tusq p drops. Although cough ia getting removed via stools and vomits but it still persists. Please suggest how long will it take to ger rid of cough completely.
My baby is 9 months old. He has suddenly stopped taking breast milk from yesterday nyt. I breastfeed him along wid other food. Wat cn I do? Any reason why he has stopped taking milk.
My girl is 1 year 6 month old. When she is take milk and biscuits then go potty regularly for 2-3 days. Before it takes mother milk and natural cow milk but recently (2-3 days) I shift in delhi so she takes powder milk. So please do something.
My son a 6 and half months old. I have started him feeding ragi and rice ganji. N hz started loose motion 4-5times a day (from3 days back) please suggest me how to cute this. Reply me fast.
Is PCV vaccine similar to pneumococcal? My son have been injected three doses of pneumococcal at 2 1/2 M, 3 1/2 M.
My son have 3 months old. He do not go to motion from 3 days. Now it's 4th day. I am giving feeding to my child. Is it normal or abnormal can I use dulcolax suppository or anything else.
This s experience of mine. My baby born pretermly n his first consultation held at the weekend. The same weekend my sis in law's daughter 1st b'day. Bt traditionally her 1st b'day hap n fr that my hubby is imp n he went. Wen I asked to come fr our baby's consultation he told he go fr birthday function n went. Nw my ques is which one of the commitment is imp fr my hubby? Preterm baby consultation or b'day party? Any psychologist clear my doubt pls.
My son is now seven months old and when he born since then he is having nasal sound and now also coming voice from his nose. So that is cough or any else . Regular voice coming.
My daughter 2y 6 months. And for pass 2 weeks she passing loose tools just twice in a day. She gets tummy pain and then she pass loose tools. Doctor told me it's due to taking lot of milk and bad food habits. That's true she takes per day 1 /2 milk more then food. She doesn't nt chew her food so I have to give her smashed rice which she swallow it. She doesn't take any vegetables and non veg. When every she feels hungry she crys fornmilk. What food I should give her to stop this loose tools. I'm so confused. Food quantity small bowl. Help me.
Diarrhea is a disorder that affects people of all age groups. Medically speaking, Diarrhea is a mechanism that the body uses to eliminate germs from the body. Usually this disorder lasts for a few days to a week. It is usually accompanied by nausea, fever and dehydration.
Children can be affected by diarrhea in a number of ways, some of them are:
- Infections: Various infections, such as the ones caused by rotavirus and salmonella bacteria can lead to diarrhea. Usually diarrhea in children is caused by viruses; if it is viral in nature, then it can also cause stomach cramps, headache and vomiting. It also leads to loss of fluid from the body. Hence, the child's fluid intake should be compensated accordingly. Usually oral rehydration solution that contains nutrient such as potassium and sodium are preferred.
- Medications: Intake of certain medications, such as antibiotics and laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the cause is due to antibiotic intake, then you should consult a doctor. The doctor may alter the dosage or ask to increase the child's water intake. Yoghurt may also help ease the symptoms of diarrhea if it is caused by antibiotics.
- Food poisoning: Diarrhea may also result from food poisoning; symptoms of this type usually disappear quickly. Along with loose and watery stools, the child may vomit frequently.
The major complication that results from diarrhea is dehydration. Severe dehydration may lead to severe brain damage and seizures. It may also cause symptoms of dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness and dark yellow urine.
Certain preventive measures are:
- Use your good judgment while eating outside. Do not consume food from places which use unhygienic modes of preparation.
- Make sure your child does not drink contaminated water and there is access to clean and filtered water all the time.
- Your child should be eating a balanced diet that primarily consists of vegetable and fruits. They also help in adding fiber to the diet that keeps your bowels healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.