Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Aman Dhir
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Aman DhirYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am suffering from the ulcers in mouth, so what can I do, I had already consulted 1 time, but I think that there is also problem in my stomatch.
I am having a problem in my teeth's my teeth's are unhealthy they are yellowish and blood comes out every time I brushed my teeth.
What are the disadvantages/side effects of removing wisdom tooth? My wisdom tooth has decayed and destroying the 2nd molar now. My doctor suggests to remove it surgically. I am little unsure if i should go ahead. Please help.
With the wedding season nearly approaching, you should be ready for several parties and gatherings and lots of photographs to be clicked. You would surely want to look good on every wedding occasion. Hence you should make sure that your teeth are at their best, when it comes to looking good. The teeth are responsible for shaping the perfect smile, and so you must take measures to make your teeth look stunning in order to get your smile ready for the upcoming wedding season.
Here are some tips on how you should take care of your teeth:
- Whiten your teeth: You can avail a quick whitening service for your teeth from a dental clinic. This will make your teeth brighter and much whiter, which will enhance your smile. Always get teeth whitening done from a clinic instead of using whiteners bought from stores, as the latter do not work as effectively. Moreover, teeth whitening done at a clinic is not much expensive.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene: If you want to get perfectly white teeth ready for the wedding season, you should maintain your oral hygiene routine strictly. Brushing and flossing should be practiced regularly, and you should also use a mouthwash. Brush two times a day and take time to brush. Maintain healthy teeth to make them look beautiful and get the most perfect smile.
- Use strategic makeup colors: Several colors can be used to enhance the whiteness of your teeth. Using bright red lipstick would make the teeth look better and brighter with a nice overall contrast. You can choose from different shades of red, pink or cherry of a warm tone. Blue toned lipsticks make a bad contrast against stains and the yellow tinge on the teeth is brought out. You can also use a Bronzer.
- Remove stains: You should try to remove any stain from your teeth and ensure that no further stains are caused. After having any dark beverage like red wine or syrup drinks, make sure to remove the stains instantly. This can be done simply by wiping the stains with a napkin.
- Keep your face and smile relaxed: For the most beautiful and natural smile, you should have a relaxed facial expression. Avoid making hyperactive expressions as these make your smile look artificial. Do not show an expression that looks as if a lot of effort has been put into it. The most beautiful smile is a natural one.
Following these tips, you will be able to get your smile ready for the wedding season. Your smile will be at its best, and you will look amazing in every single picture that will be clicked. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
There are Obvious differences between men and women. But what you may not realize is that these differences extend into the world of dentistry and oral health as well. For instance, did you know that women are more likely to visit their dentist regularly, while men are more prone to visit only when something needs attention?Read on to discover more interesting facts about the differing oral health habits of men and women.Women brush more than men on average, women are over 8% more likely to brush their teeth twice every day than men are.
Men skip brushing here and there while women prove to be more vigilant about their brushing habits. Women are also nearly 10% more likely than men to brush their teeth immediately after eating meals.Men put themselves at more risk than women. When it comes to keeping your mouth and overall health in check, there are certain things you should just stay away from.
Chewing tobacco products, smoking cigarettes, over-consumption of alcohol, and exposing yourself to other carcinogens are extremely harmful activities that can result in many health issues, including oral cancer.
Men are more likely than women to consume these kinds of carcinogenic products and do so at higher rates than women, which means they are more at risk of developing oral cancer, gum disease, and other health issues.
Women see the dentist more often Women are more likely than men to visit their dentist and, while they are there, make a future or follow-up appointment that they intend to keep. It’s been proven that men often visit their dental professionals only when it is absolutely necessary and therefore receive far fewer dental checkups and cleanings than women.Men experience more dental issues Because women are generally more proactive regarding maintaining their oral health and see their dentist regularly, they on average experience fewer dental issues such as gum disease, tartar buildup, and bleeding gums when compared to men.
Often, oral diseases show very few warning signs that can be identified by someone who is not a dental professional. As men don’t necessarily see their dentist as regularly for screenings, problems such as gum disease, oral cancer, decay, and other oral health issues can sometimes go unnoticed until the disease has undergone advanced stages. For this reason, men have been proven to be more likely than women to develop these issues. This is why being vigilant about receiving regular dental checkups is essential in ensuring your ongoing health.Women often experience sudden spikes in oral issues
As only women go through pregnancy and menopause, women of course experience more concentrated elevation and changes in general in hormones. This spiking of hormones can cause changes in oral health with nearly 75% of women developing gingivitis while expecting, and with some experiencing Burning Mouth Syndrome while going through menopause. Increased visits to the dentist during these times is a great way to keep oral health in check and have any concerns dealt with before they develop into larger issues.
Men experience more tooth trauma It’s been proven that, in general, more men play sports that involve intense physical contact with other players such as tackle football, rugby, water polo, wrestling, and boxing. This greatly increases their chances of colliding with other people or sports equipment and chipping, cracking, or losing teeth altogether.
These chances increase even more when coupled with the fact that men are less likely than women to wear mouth-guards or other protective gear when playing these activities. Having a mouth-guard fitted or buying one from a local pharmacy is the best way to protect teeth and jaw bones from damage like this.
I have acne skin and my skin has lost its shinning. I want glowing skin and acne free face. My teeth are also not so shinning.
Smile designing or smile makeover is the cosmetic process of improving the appearance of one’s smile. Since smile is the most commonly used way to communicate non-verbally, it is of utmost importance to have a winning smile that exudes confidence; this cosmetic procedure helps give you just that. Many people don’t have good smile, they might be too conscious about their teeth or worry about the fine lines on their faces. Smile designing helps one to alter their as per what they desire.
Techniques used by a cosmetic dentist to enhance or correct their patient’s smile:
1. Whitening: This procedure is used for people who have yellow or discolored teeth. The cosmetic dentist makes a chemical mixture containing peroxide and then the concoction is applied on the teeth for the discoloration to fade away. 2 to 3 sittings can give you satisfactory results.
2. Bonding: This procedure is performed on people who want to fix teeth that are broken or chipped. The dentist usually applies an acrylic material on the tooth that can be shaped and contoured to fit perfectly on the chipped tooth.
3. Enamel shaping: The dentist removes very little amount of enamel (tooth’s outer layer) to re-shape the tooth, if excess enamel makes the smile look uneven and odd.
4. Crowns and bridgework: This procedure replaces any missing tooth. Prosthetic tooth or teeth are made to help match your real teeth so that it doesn’t look superficial or out of place.
5. Gum contouring: You might also have uneven gums, which don’t complement your face and teeth. In such a case, gum contouring shapes your gums to help you achieve that perfect smile.
6. Veneers: The frontal portion of the teeth is fixed by applying a thin layer of porcelain like material on it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.