Doctor in Dr. Kumar's S-Thetics Skin & Dental Clinic
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of Rashes
Glowing Skin Procedures
Management of Dark Skin
Hair Health Treatment Procedures
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Treatment of Sunburn
Laser Hair Removal
Submit a review for Dr. Kumar's S-Thetics Skin & Dental ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
From the time I walked into the doctor’s office I was greeted with the beautiful smiles of her staff members. They were all very polite and very helpful. Dr. Tarunveer singh took time to listen to my health needs as well as took the time to answer the questions I had. This is the best experience I have had in a doctor's office. I felt like a person and not like someone sick. They didn't treat me like a disease, but treated me like any normal person
Doctor is very friendly and answered all of my query.
Erysipelas is an infection caused by bacteria that occurs in the upper portion of the skin. It is usually caused by the Streptococcus pyogenes bacteria. This bacterium is also responsible for causing sore throat. It is characterized by large and red patches on your skin.
The symptoms of erysipelas are -
1. You may experience chills and fever
2. Swelling of various glands in the body
3. Presence of red spots on the skin with raised edges
4. You may experience blisters on your skin
5. You may also feel lethargic and dizzy
This disease occurs when the bacterium makes its way through the upper layer of the skin. If you have cuts and bruises on the skin, then the bacteria may enter the skin, and thus lead to infection. However, they don't cause any harm if they are present on the skin. Erysipelas may also be caused if you have infections of the throat and the nose.
Some other causes of erysipelas are:
1. If you are bitten by an insect
2. If you have had a surgical procedure
3. Certain skin complications such as psoriasis may lead to erysipelas
5. If you are affected by diabetes which results in swelling of the legs
6. If you are a used of abusive drugs such as heroin
The age group that is at the highest risk bracket consists of older people and young children. The immune systems of older adults are weak; so the chances of infections occurring are higher. The treatments for this disease include consumption of fluids and keeping the affected part at an elevated position to minimize the swelling.
It is also recommended to use medications only after doctor's consultation. In serious cases, antibiotics are administered through the vein. If the disease causes deterioration of healthy tissues in the affected part, then surgery is recommended to treat it.
The preventive measures for this disease include keeping your wounds clean, maintaining good personal hygiene and using moisturizers to prevent the skin from drying. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Rashes are common skin problems but shouldn't be taken casually at all. Although most rashes are mild and do not create much problem, some might turn grow to become life-threatening. These are:
1. Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) - This skin rash is the result of a severe allergic reaction to medication. The condition affects the skin and mucous membranes. Various medicines, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, anticonvulsants, penicillin, and sulphonamides might trigger this type of rash. It is characterized by painful lesions emerging in clusters.
2. Staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome (SSSS) - Mostly affecting babies and young children under the age of five, this skin disease brings on extensive blisters with red skin that looks burnt or scalded. This syndrome is caused by infection with strains of Staphylococcus bacteria.
3. Pemphigus Vulgaris (PV) - This unusual autoimmune skin condition gives rise to excruciating blisters on the skin, which often go on to the mouth, throat, nose and even genitals. The open sores from this disease often lead to infections and acute cases can even cause lung infections and lesions. This rash has no cure but is often treated with corticosteroids, antibiotics or immunosuppressants. If untreated, it can even cause death.
4. Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) - TSS is often caused by an overgrowth of Staphylococcus bacteria with the infection spreading throughout the body. Besides these bacteria, infections from surgical wounds contaminated nasal packing after nasal surgery and infections after baby birth are probable causes. This life-threatening rash generally affects teens and young adults, most of them being women. It can affect mucus membranes of mouth and eyes although there are no blisters or skin bumps. One can experience slight dizziness and high fever as well as swelling of the joints and eyelids. This skin condition often affects the liver, kidneys, the heart, and the brain.
Apart from these, there are several other types of skin infections, which can be equally discomforting and critical. Toxic epidermal necrolysis, dermatitis herpetiformis, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis and several other nasty skin diseases are cases in point.
Pigmentation of the skin is a medical term to refer to the phenomenon of colouring. Our skin is made up of cells that produce a pigment known as melanin. The colour of the skin largely depends upon the production of melanin. If more melanin is produced, the skin looks darker and vice-versa. When the melanin-producing cells are damaged due to long exposure to sunlight, pregnancy or any other disease, pigmentation of the skin takes place. When the skin gets darker, it is called hyperpigmentation and when the discolouration of the skin takes place or white patches are formed on the skin, it is called hypopigmentation.
Skin pigmentation can be tackled by certain home based remedies. Here are some of these remedies:
- Milk and honey face pack: Milk is known to contain lactic acid. A mixture of milk and honey peels off the affected part of the skin. This makes the hyper-pigmented skin lighter in colour.
- Vegetable juices: Some vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber and potato are effective in getting rid of the skin pigments. Cut slices of these vegetables and rub them over the affected parts. The juices from these vegetables lighten the pigmented part.
- Avocado magic: It is advisable to peel off an avocado and apply its juice with honey over the affected area.
- Add Vitamin E to your diet: Include foods rich in vitamin E in your meals. It helps in restoring the pigmented skin back to its normal form.
- Face Mask: There are several face masks available that can work wonder in curing pigmentation of the skin. You can use face packs containing oatmeal, honey, sandalwood, turmeric powder, raw milk, and orange powder.
- Sunscreen: It is important to guard your skin from the ultraviolet rays. UV rays lead to pigmentation of the skin. So, apply a sunscreen lotion or cream before stepping out of your home.
- Take up some exercise: A key to a healthy skin is a good lifestyle. One must exercise regularly to maintain proper blood circulation throughout the body. Proper flow of blood keeps the skin healthy and free from pigmentation.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol and cigarettes: The consumption of alcohol and cigarettes leads to generation of toxins in our bloodstream. This is harmful for our skin.
- Cocoa butter: It has nourishing and de-tanning effects on the skin. Use a cream that contains cocoa butter extracts on daily basis.
- Oil massage: Certain oils like olive and almond are good for treating damaged skin.
Below given are some of the common products used in medical treatment of hyperpigmentation-
- IPL (Photofacial) - Treatment with intense pulsed light, or a Photofacial, is frequently recommended by doctors to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Chemical peel - A TCA peel or deeper phenol peel are also used to treat hyperpigmentation.
- Laser Peel - A variety of laser resurfacing treatments may be performed to reduce hyperpigmentation. CO2 lasers and fractional lasers are popular choices for skin resurfacing.
- Topical skin lightening products - Products containing skin lightening ingredients, such as hydroquinone, retinoids, kojic acid, and Vitamin C are often used to reduce hyperpigmentation.
Medical treatment is combined with procedures to get faster results. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Botox is the brand name of botulinum toxin which is also available under other brand names. It is a purified protein that relaxes muscles by paralyzing neuromuscular function. Though used in other conditions as well mostly it is used for aesthetic purposes nowadays.
- Dermal fillers are biologically inert substances used to provided volume or fill the space where injected. It is used to replace or augment volume in part of skin or underlying fat. Though there are temporary and permanent fillers, we at Dr. Kumar's S-Thetics use and recommend only temporary fillers as it safe.
- Face is the focus of human communication and the perception of attractiveness which doesn't escape with the passage of time. Creases or lines on the face can be caused due to aging, gravity, sun exposure, and smoking and from repeated muscle contractions as occurs with facial expressions (dynamic lines). These dynamic lines gradually change to static lines ingrained on the face even at rest which are regarded as a sign of aging. Even at a younger age there can be similar signs due to overuse.
- Botox softens the wrinkles so that they relax, by blocking signals from the nerves to the particular muscles where it is injected. This helps in erasing the dynamic wrinkles which are formed due to contraction of the underlying muscle without the simultaneous contraction of the overlying skin due to loss of elasticity.
- Dermal fillers are effective in erasing the static wrinkles which are ingrained on the skin. They also help in replacing the lost volume. Dermal filler is basically hyaluronic acid that is a naturally occurring substance found in all things alive and in humans, it is what relays essential nutrition from the bloodstream to the skin cells. The acid is found in high levels in the soft connective tissue as well as the fluid that surrounds the eyes. The acid can actually be extracted from the body, reformulated and used as filler to inject into the body.The manner in which the filler will work is that it will act like a cushion underneath the skin, offering volume or even elasticity to the facial features that might have lost their shape. In addition, the acid will also provide better hydration to the face, making it look healthy.
Both botox and dermafiller are injectables. The process involves following steps -
- Marking: The area to be injected is marked and patient is shown the point of injection.
- Cleansing: Spirit is used to clean the area to prevent any sort of infection.
- Anesthesia: Topical anesthetic cream or lotion is applied wherever need be. This step is skipped sometimes.
- Position: Both injections are best given in sitting posture usually on a derma chair.
- Injection: The botox is mixed with saline solution and required units are withdrawn in syringes. Fillers are loaded. Injections are given at desired points and depths.
Sometimes, the patients could get a mark at the place where the injections were injected, which may take up to two weeks to disappear.
Green Tea & Vitamin E capsules if being taken should be avoided for about a week prior to procedure. Avoiding strenuous exercisefor 2-3 days is required.
Botox takes around 7 days to show some actual full observable results, but after two weeks the results will be clear and noticeable not only to yourself, but also to everyone else out there. Dermafiller shows immediate effects but results improve over a period of a week or two.
This is perhaps one of the most minimally invasive anti-ageing treatments, because all that is required is a couple of syringes. Though largely seen as anti-aging, it also has wide range of applications in younger age.
The application of botox and dermafillers are following -
- Reducing lines & wrinkles like forehead, crow’s feet, elevens, frown lines, etc.
- To slim the face.
- Reduce nasal flare.
- Lift nose.
- Sharpen jaw line.
- Add pout to lips.
- Open pores.
- For excessive sweating on palms, soles, underarms etc.
- Cheek augmentation to give that high cheek bone look
- Sharpen jaw line
- Medical rhinoplasty
- Chin shaping
- Lip augmentation
- Brow shaping and lifting
- Face lift
- Static Wrinkles
It has very fruitful results. It is generally a safe procedure with less chances of complications. It is economical in terms of duration of effect. It has minimal recovery time. It gives healthier and fresher skin which glows. It can enhance the shape of your face or facial features. It helps bring back the youthful contours and fullness of the face. It can define and sharpen features which may be irregular naturally or otherwise. It gives a healthier face when you have lost extreme weight. If all you need is hydration and healthy looking skin on your face while you are losing weight or want to maintain your waistline as you age – the best way to keep your face healthy and youthful is with fillers and botox.
However there are a few contraindications & precautions as well which are known only to professionals. Like other procedures certain contraindications like allergic reaction to product, unavoidable blood thinners, autoimmune disorders etc. must be ruled out. Redness, slight swelling & mild bruising may occur which resolves in a matter of few days. There is minimal pain which is usually well tolerated. Headache, bleeding, mild nausea, dry mouth, rashes, swelling etc. are extremely rare unfortunate events. Sometimes it may cause bacterial and viral infections. It can also cause allergic reactions.Itching may occur on the skin which may persist and become a source of constant irritation. However it is generally an easy and comfortable procedure.
Results are natural when done at the Clinic & we do not try to smoothen out the skin completely so that there is no plastic look. Usually results start showing after about a week and last for approximately 4-6 months. However depending on the indication, dose and the strength of the injection the duration can vary. Welcome to Dr. Kumar's S-Thetics to have an experience that will raise your self-image & in turn happiness to another level. We at Dr. Kumar's S-Theticsare trained & experienced to use these injectables to give you amazing results.
If you're not happy with shaving, tweezing, or waxing to remove unwanted hair, laser hair removal may be an option worth considering.
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures in the U.S. It beams highly concentrated light into hair follicles. Pigment in the follicles absorb the light. That destroys the hair.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Lasers are useful for removing unwanted hair from the face, leg, arm, underarm, bikini line, and other areas.
Benefits of laser hair removal include:
Precision : Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
Speed : Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
Predictability : Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is more than just ''zapping'' unwanted hair. It is a medical procedure that requires training to perform and carries potential risks. Before getting laser hair removal, you should thoroughly check the credentials of the doctor or technician performing the procedure.
If you are planning on undergoing laser hair removal, you should limit plucking, waxing, and electrolysis for six weeks before treatment. That's because the laser targets the hairs' roots, which are temporarily removed by waxing or plucking.
You should also avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after treatment. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal less effective and makes complications after treatment more likely.
What to Expect During Laser Hair Removal
Just before the procedure, your hair that will be undergoing treatment will be trimmed to a few millimeters above the skin surface. The laser equipment will be adjusted according to the color, thickness, and location of your hair being treated as well as your skin color.
Depending on the laser or light source used, you and the technician will need to wear appropriate eye protection. It will also be necessary to protect the outer layers of your skin with a cold gel or special cooling device. This will help the laser light penetrate the skin.
Next, the technician will give a pulse of light to the treatment area and watch the area for several minutes to make sure the best settings were used and to check for bad reactions.
When the procedure is completed, you may be given ice packs, anti-inflammatory creams or lotions, or cold water to ease any discomfort. You may schedule your next treatment four to six weeks later. You'll get treatments until hair stops growing.
Recovery and Risks
For a day or two afterward, the treated area of your skin will look and feel like it's sunburned. Cool compresses and moisturizers may help. If your face was treated, you can wear makeup the next day unless your skin is blistering.
Over the next month, your treated hair will fall out. Wear sunscreen for the following month to help prevent temporary changes in the color of the treated skin.
Blisters are rare but are more likely in people with darker complexions. Other potential side effects are swelling, redness, and scarring. Permanent scarring or changes in skin color are rare.
Costs of Laser Hair Removal
The cost varies widely, depending on factors that include:
- Size of the area being treated and time required for treatment
- Number of treatments required
- Whether a doctor or someone else is performing the procedure
- The part of the country where you are having the procedure
Ask for a consultation to get a better idea of the cost for your particular case.
It is a commonly known fact that regular exercise is a necessary part of staying healthy and keeping fit. Physical exercise isn't just about losing weight or increasing stamina. It also has countless health benefits, which promote holistic well-being of an individual. One such benefit of exercise is improved skin health. Proper and regular exercise is known to keep the skin healthy and flawless through many different ways.
Following are the different ways in which exercising keeps the skin healthy and flawless:
- Improved blood circulation - The cardiovascular benefits of exercising promote blood circulation in the body and skin. This allows oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin to get improved, especially in the outer layers, thereby promoting skin health.
- Reduced stress and anxiety - Mental health issues such as stress and anxiety have a damaging effect on skin, making it appear dull and aged. Exercising treats these issues through the release of endorphins in the body, which reduces stress and anxiety. Thus, it effectively works in making skin look flawless and radiant.
- Boosted immunity - Regularly exercising keeps the body's immune system boosted. This includes skin immunity, making the skin less susceptible to diseases and infections. Therefore, skin remains healthy and glowing.
- Improved sleeping habits - Having an improper sleep cycle and not getting enough sleep can lead to the formation of dark circles and swollen bags under the eyes. Regular exercise can induce restful sleep and promote healthy sleeping habits, making skin appear rested and healthy.
- Toned muscles - Exercise tones the muscles in the body, which makes the skin clean, tight and prevents the formation of cellulite. This keeps the skin from sagging and gives it an unblemished appearance.
- Improved gland function - Functioning of the mucous glands and sweat glands in the skin is improved through exercising. This keeps the skin free from pimples and acne and makes it look spotless and resplendent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Vitiligo is a disease that causes the loss of skin shading and colour in patches. The degree and rate of colour loss from vitiligo cannot be determined. It can influence any part of the skin on your body. It might also influence one’s hair, inside of the mouth and even the eyes.
Ordinarily, the shade of one’s hair, skin and eyes is measured by melanin. Vitiligo happens when the cells that create melanin quit working or die. Vitiligo influences individuals of all skin types; however, it might be more common in individuals with a darker skin. The condition is not contagious or life threatening.
Numerous medicines may be used to restore the skin shading or level out the skin tone. A few medicines might have some serious side effects on some people. So your specialist may propose that you first try to improve your skin by applying self-tanning products or make-up. Here are some of the top ways to treat vitiligo:
Creams that control aggravation: A topical corticosteroid may cause the skin to return to its natural shade (repigment), especially if you begin utilising it right at the start of the disease.
Medicines that influence the immune system: Treatments containing tacrolimus or pimecrolimus (calcineurin inhibitors) might be compelling for individuals with little ranges of depigmentation, particularly on the face and neck.
Light therapy: This uses a narrow band of UVB light. You may get treatment in a specialist’s office up to three times each week.
Laser treatment: This technique brings the shading back to the patches of light skin by treating them with an excimer laser, which utilises a particular wavelength of UVB light.
Depigmentation: A solution with monobenzone is connected to the unaffected zones of the skin. This progressively lightens the skin so that it blends with the affected areas.
Skin grafting: In this system, your specialist removes little segments of your ordinary, pigmented skin and joins them to regions that have lost colour.
Rankle grafting: In this system, your specialist makes blisters on your pigmented skin with suction. He or she then removes the highest points of the blisters and transplants them to a range of stained skin.
Micropigmentation: In this method, your specialist utilises an extraordinary surgical instrument to embed colour into your skin.
Shield your skin from the sun and UV light. In case that you have vitiligo, especially in case you have light skin, use a wide range of waterproof sunscreen with an SPF of not less than 30.
Abstain from tattoos that are not associated with treating your vitiligo.
- Make-up concealers may enhance the appearance of the skin and help you feel better about yourself, particularly if your vitiligo patches are on uncovered skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!