Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Pediatricians online in Jajpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Priyadarshi
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok PriyadarshiYour feedback matters!
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
My 3 year old son shows very strong resistance to take antibiotics (because of the bitter taste) and refuses to take them. When we try to forcibly give him, he spits it out. At times it happens that he gulps the medicine but immediately vomits. Please suggest solution ?
Why is it more common during summers?
Owing to this excessively hot climate, the food turns stale quickly. Although home cooked food is safe, but whatever we eat outside can easily give us this infection.
- Diarrhea (loose watery stools)
- Projectile vomiting
- Abdominal cramps
- Mild fever
- Dehydration and weakness due to excessive diarrhea and vomiting excess
Who's at risk?
It can also spread through someone who is already infected and unclean hands.
How do I manage myself /family member suffering from this?
- Avoid going out for at least 2 days as this cab easily spread to others
- Take adequate rest
- Drink plenty of water and rehydrating drinks like ors & electral
- Eat only if you feel like, don't force food on yourself
- Have only simple foods which are low on spices and oil and easy t digest (eg dal rice, khichdi, curd rice)
Last but not the least:
Seek advice from a homoeopath for a speedy and safe recovery
Hello, My son is 2.5 years and he doesn't want to eat anything at all. He is 11 kg right now and his growth is little bit slow as compare to his age kids. Please guide me to proceed. Thanks.
My daughter age is 30 years, Has a severe pain on the back side of her head and cough, fever, and breathing problem. Doctor has informed me as it is a migraine problem. Kindly guide me for the same.
My 24 days male baby having pneumonia, he got admitted NICU 5 days back only. He is receiving injection Meropenem and injection linezolid and levolin neb but he still having sever caught and little bit breathing problems. Please give me suggestions for this.
Baby boy 3.5 months old had his 3rd DTaP vaccine yesterday. Previous 2 doses were painless ones. Baby didn't get fever at all. Is it okay? Does it mean that the Baby is not producing enough antibodies to fight? Please clarify my doubt! Thank you.
After carrying the baby for nine months and delivering it, the next big step for the mother is to learn to breastfeed. For a woman who has had her first delivery, this could be a thing that can scare her and put her at discomfort. In addition, some mothers can also experience physical pain, which is even more worrisome.
In the initial stages of breastfeeding, it is normal to have pain as the baby and the mother have not yet identified the correct method i.e. the mother in terms of holding the baby, while the baby in terms of latch correctly to get milk. However, in most cases, the mother detaches and repositions the baby. This often helps in relieving the pain and after some repetition of this exercise, both the mother and the baby would know the correct position.
Let down reflex, also called milk ejection reflex, is set off by hormone oxitocin which is released whenever your baby feeds, it stimulates muscle cells in your breast to squeeze milk and may cause pain. Oral thrush, which is a yeast infection, in baby's mouth, can cause sore nipples and pain. The baby’s oral features like a short mouth, short tongue, small chin, high palate, etc., can lead to improper suction and cause pain. However, this pain from suctioning will disappear within a couple of days. Another cause for breast pain could be engorgement. When the breasts are engorged, due to feeding after a long break, there is too much milk, which can cause pain as soon as the baby latches on. Pressing out some milk before the baby latches on can help reduce the pain. lmproper size of bra, too tight or too loose, can be a cause of breast pain.
Nipple pain, when exposed to cold weather, is another condition. This occurs due to constricted blood vessels and is known as Raynaud’s phenomenon. If required, pain medication can be taken, but this type of pain usually subsides.
Allergies such as poison ivy and eczema can also lead to nipple soreness. Even topical issues like use of creams, soaps and deodorants can cause soreness. These require no intervention and minute changes would usually suffice. It is important to remember that any medication taken can reach the baby during the breastfeeding and unless absolutely essential, it is best to avoid any medication for the mother. If a baby is being fed well after the 6th month of life, teething begins and this can be a cause for pain during breastfeeding.
In most cases, proper breastfeeding techniques usually take care of the issue. However, if there are other issues, for instance, the child’s oral features, they may require correction as they not only need to be addressed because of this problem, but also otherwise.
Using warm moist compresses is useful in soothing the pain. Empty the breast properly after feeding the baby. Try to avoid chemicals like Linolin, hydrogel, as far as possible, if applied to cracked nipples, clean it properly before feeding the baby. Applying freshly squeezed milk from the breast is another wonderful option, given its antibacterial properties. The warmth of wet tea bags may also give a soothing effect. Remember to avoid chemicals like lanolin or hydrogel, as this pain is a temporary issue and usually disappears over a period of time.