Doctors in Poddar Hospital
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Birth Control Treatment
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Pregnancy Symptoms
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Submit a review for Poddar HospitalYour feedback matters!
1. FIGS – A rare fruit of source of calcium, figs may help prevent the bone loss. They are very high in fiber, so that which is reduce the risk of cancers. Eat them like this: Slice fresh, unpeeled figs, and serve it with cheese or on a salad; toss dried figs into a mix of dried fruits, grains, and nuts, even chocolate. Fig’s that aren’t completely ripe can irritate the mouth, so look for soft, aromatic ones.
2. BEETS – Nutrient-packed beets may sharpen your mind. They produce nitric acid, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body – including the areas of the brain that are associated with degeneration and dementia. Eat them like this: Roast, then puree beets into a dip with curd that has been drained in a cloth or filter to remove the whey, and horseradish, or grate raw beets into a salad.
3. FRESH CRANBERRIES: Sure, cranberries are the superstar at treating urinary tract infection, but these tart little fruits may also help prevent heart disease. They are rich in anthocyanin, flavones, and proanthocyanidins, plant chemicals that keep LDL cholesterol from oxidizing and sticking to artery walls. Eat them like this: Sauté cranberries and serve with meat, or combine with banana, pineapple, and orange for a fruit salad – the sweeter fruits naturally balance out the tartness.
4. ORANGEPITH: You already know that orange is a great source of vitamin C, but eat as much as you can of the pith –the spongy white layer between the zest and the pulp that clings to a peeled orange –too. Although bitter, the pith stores a good amount of the fiber and antioxidants, (Try to choose organic oranges if you eat the pith). Eat like it this: Put whole orange slices in a smoothie; roast thin slices and serve with the whole wheat pancakes.
5. EGGS: These inexpensive protein sources crackle with health benefits: Zinc and Iron support healthy hair and strong nails, and lecithin yolks are rich in chorine, who helps repair neurological damage and move cholesterol through the bloodstream. Eat them like this: Scramble eggs with a handful of spinach, or top a bowl of vegetables and brown rice with a (lightly) fried egg, sesame seeds, and soya sauce for a Korean-inspired meal.
6. SESAME SEEDS: The seeds are also one of the richest sources of iron, and when people with high level of LDL cholesterol ate a few spoonfuls of sesame seeds a day, their LDL level dropped by almost 10 percent more than when they followed a healthy diet sans sesame seed. Eat them like this: Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on oatmeal; top steamed vegetables with sesame seeds and sesame or olive oil; make hummus with tahini, a sesame seed butter.
7. BROCCOLI: The sulforaphane in broccoli may help your body fight off infections that inflame the lungs and arteries. Surprisingly, frozen verities may contain 35% more beta-carotene by weight than fresh broccoli. Finally, broccoli’s high level of vitamin C helps create collagen, which keeps the firm, glowing and healthy skin. Eat it like this: Toss steamed florets with tomato sauce and toasted walnuts for a side fish, or scatter atop a pizza before baking.
8. CELERY LEAVES: Celery leaves are the most nutritious part of the plant and that is containing high iron, calcium, potassium, beta-carotene, and vitamin C and also vitamin D than the stalks. Eat them like this: Use like parsley, or mix into salad.
Vaginal rejuvenation is a surgical procedure or technique where the inner and outer muscles and structures around the vagina are surgically tightened. Remember that the vagina and surrounding tissues are composed of muscles and elastic tissue. With age and the process of childbirth, these go through a lot of changes. This could lead to changes in the way a woman experiences sex and improve her urinary function. All of this can affect overall health, both physically and emotionally.
Vaginal rejuvenation as a surgery helps to restore muscle tone, improve control and strength. It not just increases sexual pleasure, but can also relieve urinary incontinence.
Ideal candidates: Now, there are specific women who would benefit from this. They are:
- Women who desire a more youthful appearance and improved functioning of the vulva and vaginal areas.
- Women with weakened muscle tone and strength. This could be result of aging, trauma, genetics, or childbirth. In these women, the vaginal tissues are stretched and therefore have less tone and strength and poor control. The sexual experience may be less than satisfactory because of the laxity of these tissues.
Options: Rejuvenation of the vagina can begin with a nonsurgical option and progress to gradually invasive modes.
- The first option would be the Kegel exercise. This involves conscious effort on the woman to hold her breath and consciously control the pelvic floor muscle contractions. This can be done anywhere and often yields wonderful results.
- The second option is the laser wherein a beam of fractional laser light is used to heat the vaginal tissues to about 60 to 70 degrees Celsius. This increased heat causes neocollagenesis, which is the production of new collagen that is firmer and more elastic. The result is growth of a thicker, more youthful vaginal lining.
- The next option would be surgical where the vaginal tissues are surgically manipulated to remove excess, redundant tissue, or shaped to improve cosmetic appearance. This is often required if the pelvic floor muscles have separated. These exercises need to be followed up with Kegel for long-lasting results.
- Increases friction during sexual intercourse
- Improves control over vaginal tissues and muscles
- Improves sexual satisfaction
- Improves cosmetic appearance of the vaginal area
- Reduces internal and external vaginal diameters
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, and can also help relieve urinary incontinence
What to expect?
- This procedure may not be covered by insurance
- Get yourself in safe hands and be clear on what to expect. Expectation mismatch can be a big disappointment post-surgery, and there is nothing much that can be done about that aspect.
Even Roald Dahl faked having appendicitis in his famous book, but, what exactly is appendicitis? Wouldn’t it be a little interesting, to say the least, to find out what causes it and what treatment a person can expect to undergo in the case of getting it?
Quite simply, appendicitis is the name of the condition when the appendix swells up. Under normal circumstances, it is about three and a half inches in length. The ironic part about this is the fact that though appendicitis may cause tremendous pain and warrants surgery, no doctor is really aware of the reason why the appendix exists, in the first place! As a matter of fact, it is fully possible to live without an appendix and many people have not experienced any health problems after having their appendix removed.
While the appendix does not serve any properly defined function, this really does not mean that appendicitis is something that is not all that serious. In fact, if there is an explosion of the appendix, a person can die without very strong levels of medication in a time bound manner!
So, what is the cause behind this scary prospect? Simply said, when the appendix gets blocked, the result is appendicitis. What blocks it? Well, it could be cancer, a foreign body or even stool! That being said, it is to be kept in mind that this is not the only reason as to why appendicitis exists. If there is an infection in the body, in response to it, the appendix may end up getting inflamed.
With the exception of a very small minority of cases in which very strong antibiotics are made use of in order to treat appendicitis, a surgery to remove the appendix is usually a given case scenario when a person has appendicitis. As a matter of fact, it is treated as an emergency and the doctors go ahead and start the treatment as soon as possible to avoid the possibility of the rupture of the appendix.
It usually takes about two or three weeks before a person can get back to normal activities though some gentle movement can be undertaken within about twelve hours since the end of the operation. There are two types of surgery. If a laparoscopic surgery is being performed, the recovery is relatively straightforward but if an open surgery is performed, the recovery can take more time and would require a greater amount of care.
Infamous for pollution, Delhi comes in the list of the top 10 most polluted cities on Earth. So, you need to take care of yourself as well as everyone you love. The environment is hazardous.
Where a satisfactory PM 2.5 (Fine Particles) count is between 50-100 micrograms per cubic meter, Delhiites are living in an average of 300-450 pollution level, which comes under the severe condition. Uneasy breathing, eye irritation, coughs and headaches are a few examples of living in such a polluted environment. Not only outdoors, but the indoor environment is also not good either.
According to a survey, breathing in such a polluted environment is somewhat similar about smoking 20 cigarettes a day. So, even if you are not a smoker, you are having 20 cigarettes without touching one. Air pollution is even more dangerous to kids and elders. No matter if they stay at home, school, some park, etc., the pollution level is near about similar and dangerous.
Industrial waste, crackers, chemicals, dust, wood burning, paints, household cleaning chemicals, etc., are the reasons for outdoor and indoor pollution.
While the condition is severe, there are 11 simple ways to reduce the risk and clean the environment around you:
- Avoid Morning Walks: Morning walk is good for health but not in the dense smoggy environment. It is observed that the climate is most hazardous in the morning time. You can enjoy the morning sleep in your bed and can go for a walk during the evening or some other time when smog is minimal.
- Good Quality Anti-Pollution Mask: While going outside, always wear good quality anti-pollution/anti-smog mask. Ordinary clothes or medical masks are useless. They are not able to filter out tiny particulate matters (PM). Use a mask that has filters for PM 2.5.
- Jaggery Consumption: Jaggery is very good for detoxing your lungs and gut. You can eat jaggery everyday. Use it in tea, coffee, milk and with any other meals as a replacement of sugar.
- Healthy Food Consumption: Consume healthy foods. Foods rich in Vitamin C (Broccoli, Spinach, Turnip Greens, etc.), omega 3 (Soybeans, Walnuts, Flaxseeds, etc.), and magnesium (seafood, black beans, etc.) are useful to reduce the impact of bad environment on health.
- House Ventilation: An exhaust system in a house can be helpful to clean the indoor air. Install chimney in kitchen and exhaust fans in the bathroom or storeroom to get rid of bad air. Keep windows and doors closed in the early morning. Allow fresh air circulation from 3 PM to 5 PM.
- Avoid Chemical Based Cleaners: Air fresheners, floor cleaners, scented candles, etc., contain chemicals and these increase indoor pollution. Avoid using them. Instead, use natural products for cleaning and scenting purposes.
- Stop Smoking: This is obvious if you want a healthy life and care for you and everyone you like and love.
- Avoid Construction Works: Construction work increases particulate matter in the environment. drilling, painting, etc., should be avoided wherever and whenever possible to prevent output door pollution.
- Air Purifying Appliances and Plants: Air purifiers are must nowadays to control indoor pollution. It’s good to children, aged people and everyone else at home.
- Use Water Spray While Dusting: Yes! Dusting releases small particles in the air, even when you use vacuum cleaners. To avoid this, you can use a few water sprays on carpets and on other things before you start dusting. This will make the dust settle down and prevent it from releasing into the air.
- Use Public Transport: Using public transport would be a great help to control air pollution. So, try to use buses, metro, or carpooling for travelling wherever possible.
All the 11 tips mentioned above are to safeguard you from pollution, both indoor and outdoor. We need to decrease carbon footprints so that this article becomes irrelevant in the future. For short distances, use bicycles. Don't burn plastic, crackers or anything unnecessary. Be aware of this serious condition and also help others understand it and encourage them to decrease their carbon footprint, so that the future gets better.
This is our city and we are responsible for its past, present, and future.