Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Sonal BhatnagarYour feedback matters!
Can STD occur in unmarried people due to usage of same washroom as someone who has STD? In few airports the washrooms are so dirty anf might be infected due to STD infected person might have used it. If I use such washroom can I get STD?
I would like to you that I am week in body so I want to fat in my body so please give me suggest thta how can I increase the fat?
I am a diabetic, vegetarian, non smoker, non alcoholic and using insulin so what should be my diet. Request you to suggest me for the total day 3 times.
My father is 52 years old. He is having diabetes from 8 yr. Can you pl tell me which fruits are not harmful in this problem. Can sweet corn, pop corn be eaten in diabetes?
Dengue fever is a painful mosquito-borne disease. It is caused by any one of four types of dengue virus, which is transmitted by the bite of an infected female Aedes aegypti mosquito.
Previous dengue infection with similar serotype provides immunity but different serotype causes more severe infection.
Common symptoms of dengue include high fever, runny nose, a mild skin rash, cough, and pain behind the eyes and in the joints. However, some people may develop a red and white patchy skin rash followed by loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, etc.
Patients suffering from dengue should seek medical advice, rest and drink plenty of fluids. Paracetamol can be taken to bring down fever and reduce joint pains. However, aspirin or ibuprofen should not be taken since they can increase the risk of bleeding.
The risk of complications is in less than 1% of dengue cases and, if warning signals are known to the public, all deaths from dengue can be avoided.
Best test is NS1, specific
Cannot be false +ve
Is + from day 1 to 7 ideally.
If on day 1 is -ve, repeat it next day.
Always ask for ELISA based NS1 tests as card tests are misleading.
IgG & IgM dengue
In a pt with reduced platelets and looking "sick" on day 3 or 4 of illness, a very high titre of IgG with borderline rise in IgM signifies secondary dengue. These pts are more prone to complications.
In primary dengue IgG becomes + at end of 7 days, while IgM is + after day 4.
Immature Platelet fraction (IPF)
A very useful test in Dengue for patients with thrombocytopenia.
If IPF in such a pt is > 10%, despite a platelet count of 20, 000, he is out of danger & platelets will rise in 24 hrs.
If its 6%, repeat the same next day. Now if IPF has increased to 8% his platelets will certainly increase within 48 hrs.
If its less then 5%, then his bone marrow will not respond for 3-4 days & may be a likely candidate for platelet transfusion.
Better to do an IPF even with borderline low platelet count.
A low Mean Platelet volume or MPV means platelets are functionally inefficient and such patients need more attention.
The primary cause of death in patients suffering from dengue is capillary leakage, which causes fluid deficiency in the intravascular compartment, leading to multi-organ failure. Platelet deficiency is not the cause of death in most of the patient suffering from Dengue .
According to International guidelines, unless a patient’s platelet count is below 10,000 or there is spontaneous, active bleeding, no platelet transfusion is required. The outbreak of dengue in the City and Hospital beds are full and families are seen running around in search of platelets for transfusion. However what most people do not realize is that the first line of treatment for dengue is not platelet transfusion. In fact, it does more harm than good if used in a patient whose counts are over 10,000.
At the first instance of plasma leakage from the intravascular compartment to the extravascular compartment, fluid replacement amounting to 20 ml per kg body weight per hour must be administered. This must be continued till the difference between the upper and lower blood pressure is over 40 mmHg, or the patient passes adequate urine. This is all that is required to treat the patient. Giving unnecessary platelet transfusion can make the patient more sick.
“While treating dengue patients, physicians should remember the ‘Formula of 20' i.e. rise in pulse by more than 20; fall of BP by more than 20; difference between lower and upper BP of less than 20 and presence of more than 20 hemorrhagic spots on the arm after a tourniquet test suggest a high-risk situation and the person needs immediate medical attention.”
Read WHO guidelines for further fluid management strategies & Hematocrit monitoring.
I have a problem with my wife, I do not sex with my wife because no feelings is turned on of my wife so please tell me the solution. And I also have a problem with energy. Very small time I sex how could be long time it happens.
Skin under my penis which cover my testicles gt stomach from 4 5 place. It paining n irritate me And that skin is too large it is also called any type of problem and I fall out in 4 to 5 minutes I lost my stamina please help me.
Sir I have more weight. I want to loss my weight please give me a suggestion for loose my weight in 20 days.
Coriander leaves are largely used for seasoning and in chutneys across india. Its seeds are also used in making regular indian dishes, giving them a distinct flavour and fragrance. What a lot of us might not know is that it has numerous health benefits.
Some of them are as follows.
1) Coriander assists in increasing milk flow for better breastfeeding.
2) As a culinary spice, it also negates any chance of food poisoning.
3) Essential oils cineole and linoleic acid which are present in coriander enable it to help reduce arthritis and rheumatism.
4) Coriander is also effective on conditions like swelling due to kidney malfunction or anemia.
5) It has antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, disinfectant and detoxifying properties which make it useful in curing skin problems like dryness, fungal infection and eczema.
6) It has certain acids which are said to be very effective in reducing levels of cholesterol in the blood, along with reducing the level of bad cholesterol all the while, raising the levels of good cholesterol.
7) Borneol and linalool found in coriander aid reducing diarrheas, digestion and proper functioning of liver. It also fights against salmonella bacteria
8) It is also used to prevent stomach disorders, vomiting and nausea.
9) Consumption of coriander assists in reducing blood pressure in many people suffering from hypertension.
10) Coriander also has antiseptic properties; it heals ulcers of the mouth and wounds.
11) Being high in iron content, coriander is highly beneficial for those suffering from anemia.
12) It protects against urinary tract infection.
13) Coriander is rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
My son is 5 years old. But uska weight bahut hai lag bhag 38 kg. So what can I do mai kase uska weight control kar sati hu.
Hello sir mam I need to know if we have to go to gym in the morning what should we eat before work out and what should we eat post workout.
Salivary gland produce saliva, which keeps the mouth hydrated. It softens and moistens the food that you chew while eating. Saliva also has a slight digestive function. Most of the times, tumors that form on the glands are noncancerous. But sometimes, they might be cancerous. There are three main salivary: parotid glands, submandibular glands and sublingual glands.
Salivary gland cancer falls under the category of mouth cancers. The symptoms of salivary gland cancer include:
- A lump or mass in the neck, face or mouth.
- Pain in one area of the face, mouth or neck (know more about to deal with neck pain)
- There is a noticeable difference in the shape or size of the right and the left sides of the face.
- Feeling numb and weakness on either side of the face.
The risks of salivary gland cancer are as follows:
- Exposure to industrial radioactive chemicals
- Diets high in animal fat but very low in vegetables and fruits
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking, or chewing tobacco
- Genetics or hereditary factors
The two most Ayurvedic treatment for salivary gland tumours are Arogyavardhini Vati and Punarnavadi Guggulu:
- Arogyavardhini Vati: Arogyavardhini Vati is the best Ayurvedic remedy for digestive conditions. Salivary gland tumors do end up affecting digestion. This remedy is beneficial for such. Arogyavardhini must be taken cautiously since it has potent metal (mercury, sulphur, iron, mica and copper) ingredients. It balances the vata, kapha and pitta doshas in the body. Do not take this medicine if you're pregnant or lactating.
- Punarnavadi Guggulu: Punarnavadi Guggulu is available in tablet form. It balances the vata and kapha dosha in the body. This medicines must be consumed carefully. The Ayurvedic practitioner must measure your doses strictly. Pregnant, lactating women and children must not consume this remedy.
Besides the two remedies, hot packs bring much relief, if you have pain in your face. Practicing Yoga and Pranayama daily can help the body flush out the ama (toxins) from the body.