Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Lalit Gidwani
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dt. Lalit GidwaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Subrat Ku Nayak
Dt. Lalit Gidwani provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Sir, i want to know this diet chat, so please send me that
Hi. I am 30 years male with banking profession. From last 2-3 months mine tummy has increased a lot. Mine height is 5'7" and weight is 70 kgs. Give me some tips so that I can reduce my tummy.
I am over Weight now. My weight is now 102. 5 kg.how do i fast get slim figure. Please help me sir because my marriage fix in 2 month after.
Is it good to skip dinner to loose weight? I have heard by some people to replace dinner with fruits and salad. But one doctor told me that fruits should be eaten in morning and not at night which can cause health issues. What should I do.
Now a days I am gaining so much weight. From last month I gained around 10 kg. How to reduce the weight? Can you suggest me a diet.
Cancer is one of the worst diseases, which kills millions of people across the world. While there is a wide range of treatment options available, the best way to deal with it is to ensure a good diet along with a healthy lifestyle. Here is a list of cancer-fighting food products, which can immensely help to prevent cancer.
- Green vegetables: Leafy green vegetables have multiple health benefits. They are not only rich in minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and antioxidants, but also have very low content of calories, toxins, and sodium. Being antiviral and antibacterial in nature, green vegetables can successfully inactivate carcinogens, halt metastasis and pause the formation of a tumour. Certain vegetables contain isothiocyanates that can detox the cells. Some of the vegetables that are mighty effective in countering cancer cells include kale, romaine, watercress, nutritious spinach, collard greens etc.
- Berries: Berries are one of the best antioxidants among all food items, owing to their high ORAC score. Their antiviral and anti-fungal nature of berries is extremely healthy for the body. Moreover, abundant supply of vitamin A and C makes berries a perfect agent for increasing body immunity. Free radicals are one of the top reasons for metastasis. The proanthocyanidin content of berries helps the body to get a hang of free radicals, thereby decreasing the chances of cancer cells to grow rapidly. They can be consumed daily with any meals.
- Spices and herbs: There are a lot of herbs and spices, which boost the immune system and prevents cancer cells to grow further. Turmeric, for instance, is scientifically proved to be a great agent for reducing tumor size and effectively countering breast cancer and colon cancer. Some of the other herbs and spices include black pepper, ginger, raw garlic, parsley, oregano, and basil. They can be consumed daily in the form of juice or along with regular meals.
- Organic meat: Many scientists are of the view that organic meat does wonder in a cancer diet. Liver of beef and chicken has high B12 content and helps to remove harmful toxins from the digestive tract and liver. They can balance hormone, digest fat and counter the side effects of triglycerides, drugs, and obesity. This can be included in the diet every alternate day.
- Seeds and nuts: Flax seeds and chia seeds are few nutrient-power packed foods in the world. They should be included in the diet due to high fiber, mineral, and fatty acid content. Some other healthy seeds that can pay rich dividends in fighting cancer include walnut, sprouted bean, sunflower seeds etc. Nuts and seeds with all their nutritional qualities can successfully stop metastasis, reduce tumor size and increase immunity in the body, if consumed daily.
Salt craving refers to the craving for food that contains excessive amount of sodium. When a person is more inclined towards the consumption of high sodium food, or you find him or her sprinkling extra table salt over the food, then that person is probably craving for salt. There can be a number of reasons behind a sudden or chronic craving for salt, and they can be:
- Low Sodium Level: One and the foremost reason for a salt craving could be low level of sodium in the body. This can usually lead to neurological disorders and hypertension, if it is not treated on time. One of the primary symptoms of a system suffering from sodium depletion is excessive sweating which can lead to further loss of water and sodium from the body. This can also happen due to stress or a lot of physical exertion. One must keep drinking water in order to replenish one’s reserves, during a workout or any sports activities.
- Addison’s Disease: This is another condition that can lead to salt cravings. In this condition, the body goes through a fluid imbalance because the adrenal glands do not secrete the required hormones in the appropriate quantity. This also leads to excretion of urinary sodium, which can also cause symptoms like dehydration and pain in the abdomen. When these hormones are not secreted properly, the kidneys cannot regulate the sodium level which can lead to high sodium cravings. Therefore, one must get a proper diagnosis done with urine and other lab tests so that any damage involving the kidneys can be studied and reported.
- Menstrual Cycle: There are a number of hormonal changes that happen when women go through their menstrual cycle or monthly period. When a woman is going through bleeding as well as ovulation, the hormones that are released can cause one to crave sodium rich food. This is because these hormones can cause an alteration of the taste buds.
- Opiate Withdrawal: Patients who are addicted to opiates and are going through withdrawal symptoms after they have stopped the consumption of opiates end up going through severe sodium cravings. This kind of addiction is usually caused by neurological reactions within the brain. This happens when the sodium and pleasure seeking centre of the brain gets stimulated.
How to Treat Salt Cravings: To begin with, one will have to get all the tests done so as to find out the exact cause of the sudden cravings. Also, it is imperative to bring down your intake of sodium and specially processed food, which is usually very high when it comes to sodium content. One should not have more than 2400 Mg of table salt in a day, as per varied medical reports.
Omega 3 is a necessary chain of fatty acids in the body. They can't be produced by the body and are hence very vital. Omega 3 deficiency means the absence of long chain fatty acids that are required to regulate body function like the cardiovascular, inflammatory and immunity of the body. A deficiency in Omega 3 can be identified easily compared with the lack of other nutrients as there are many symptoms of Omega 3 deficiency. Here are some of them-
1. Heart Problems
Fatty acids help in reducing heart diseases like high cholesterol and high blood pressure. They slow down the development of blood clots and plaque, which eventually cause clots in arteries. Thus it reduces the risks of heart attacks and other heart-related problems. So if you are suffering from one, you might think about consulting a doctor as these might be due to deficiency of Omega 3.
2. Poor Mental Health
Omega 3 acids are considered to be crucial for memory and mental performance. They help in building cell membranes around the brain, which are essential for brain health. Hence the intake of right amount of Omega 3 fatty acids is important when it comes to efficient brain function. Deficit or poor academic performance are some results of less Omega 3 in the body.
Omega 3 fatty acids are highly effective in preventing and managing depression. A low level of this healthy fat may increase the risk of depression as well as worsen the symptoms. In fact, Omega 3 fatty acids are more effective than placebos for depression in both adults and children.
4. Poor Vision
Falling eyesight or other eye problems are other signs of essential fatty acid deficiency. These fatty acids are an important component of fat molecules, which keep the eyes healthy. They also take care of the proper drainage of the eye fluids thus causing the risk of high eye pressure and glaucoma.
5. Joint Pains
A low level of Omega 3 fatty acids may lead to inflamed joints, which may eventually cause arthritis. The Omega 3 acids have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing the pain and inflammation of the body. The fatty acids also assist in easing joint tenderness, decreasing stiffness and may help lessen the need for medication.