Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
I suffer from GERD and become a later I feel ok and at that day my mouth give bad smell. please give advice me.
Blood is coming out from teeth. Gum problem. Oral problem. Yellowish teeth. Bad breathe. People don't like my presence. Bad odour comes from body. Short height. Dark complexion.
Sir mere dat ke uper masure aa gaye hai jinke karan dato me cavity ane lagi hai. Bina masuro ko kate hue kya iska koi ilaj ho sakta hai.
My teeth are getting yellowish. What should I do to get them white again? Which toothpaste should I use?
I am 21 years old male. The problem which I suffering is bad smell from my mouth. I met 2 dentists. But they couldn't cure my problem. Even then couldn't recognise what was my problem and how to cure. I have a body odour problem also. I think there is a relation between bad smell from mouth and body odour. After bathing, within 1 hr bad smell is coming from body at armpits. Similarly after brush of my teeth within 10 minutes bad smell is coming from mouth. Please give the solution for my problem.
Please doctor tell me my teeth can smell sometimes I use daily tooth brush but my mouth can smell tell my which paste I use then my mouth fresh no any smell can happen please doctor tell me how or which thing I do my mouth never any smell.
I have been suffering from jaw pain since monday. I tried some pain killers but that did not work. What to fo now?
We have put together a list of 25 tips for good oral health, to keep you smiling throughout.
We will be sending you one tip a day. Here comes the first one
1. Clean in between your teeth using interdental brushes or floss. This will help to clean a higher portion of tooth and prevent buildup of plaque.
I am 20 years old and my tongue has always have red spot that's reason I can not eat chili.please suggest me something for this?
The mere thought of biting into something crunchy brings a refreshing thought. However, realize that crunchy things are not always good for general health and oral health. While some crunchy foods can be very good for the teeth, others can do a great deal of harm.
Given that crunchy foods are something more popular with kids, they should be taught the good and bad about crunchy foods. That does not mean they are banned from eating any bad crunchy food. There are ways to reduce the effects of eating a bad crunchy food and the children should be taught those early on.
Let us look at the bad crunchy foods first. A packet of chips or crackers may sound extremely exciting for the kid, but they are very damaging to the teeth. Pieces of these stick to the teeth and in-between the teeth, thereby attracting germs and causing decay.
Candies are the next lot. They contain a great amount of sugar that does not leave the mouth after the candy is swallowed. The sugar stays long after the candy is out of the mouth and continues to cause damage.
In both these cases, the child should not be told not to eat. The trick is to teach them that while they can eat these, it should immediately be followed by a brushing session or a thorough rinse if brushing is not possible. Get them into the habit of a thorough rinse after each meal and no crunchy food can produce the same damage.
Good Crunchy Foods: The vegetables and fruits are undoubtedly the best crunchy foods to bite into. Not only are they good for overall health with their rich fiber content and vitamins, they also have a great benefit for the oral health. Any fruit from apple to a pear induces salivary glands and increases the cleansing effect of the saliva. The natural fibers also produce the same effect as does brushing for a couple of minutes. The teeth surfaces are freed of plaque and bacteria, thereby reducing the chances of tooth decay. Carrots and celery also contain vitamin A, which is good for healthy tooth structure. They also are rich in water and provide good amount of water for the body. Another good crunchy food is popcorn, which not just is light on the stomach, but also has a good amount of fiber.
The next time you need something crunchy to bite on, take a decision. What you might munch into can have a lot of effect both on your overall health and your teeth. Also, watch your children and teach them how to nullify the bad effects.