Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Virendra Agrawal
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Virendra AgrawalYour feedback matters!
A home-Adie pupil Any new information about dry eyes? Blocked nose and eyes ? what can I do? Can anything be done about my droopy eyelid? Can anything help with puffy eyes? Corneal dystrophy Has my grandson got glaucoma?
I hav kerato conus. My cylindrical number in right eye is 4.n I hav done c3r. N im 21 years old. If my bad luck comes with me as age. N my cylindrical number increases. Then upto at what age. I hav to go for cornea transplant? Ll I able to halts kerato conus upto my age 30 without corneal transplant?
My face and eyes look tired and puffy because of masturbation and also dullness on my face, there is any solution, medicine or food for this, so I recover from this problem, quick solution.
I have red eyes over 5 days! What should I do to get rid of it. I tried refresh tears, it didn't work.
I am a student and when i am studying for 15 or 20 mins fall the tears from my eyes what should I do?
I have eye pain when looking on mobile for just 2 minutes. What can I do. I can not look mobile for a 5 minutes. But I have to use it for at least 3 hrs a day.
My eyes usually get a swelling due to heat and sweat Even many have told me I might have an allergy to dust Can you please recommend me a medicine.
Contact lenses are one of the most convenient ways to correct vision-related problems. It is easily disposable and requires least maintenance. It might have minor side effects in the form of irritations and allergies but it requires least time for adaptability. They help to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness along with astigmatism and age-related vision problems like presbyopia. Following are the benefits and harms of wearing contact lenses.
Positive effects of contact lenses
1. Better vision: Wearing contact lenses improves your vision to a great amount, especially peripheral vision. They are comfortable to wear and can correct both nearsightedness and farsightedness. They can cause discomfort initially but are more effective than glasses. Lenses are also available in bifocals and tints and can be worn for long periods of time.
2. Great for active lifestyle: Glasses can be a hindrance to sports activities and can limit your peripheral vision. Lenses on the other hand are great for an active lifestyle as they require short adaptation period. They are easy to put and take care of and do not require a lot of maintenance on your part as it needs least cleaning.
Risks of wearing contact lenses:
- Dry eyes: Dry eyes are the most common side effects of wearing contact lenses
- Infections: Contact lenses wearers are prone to infection of the cornea called keratitis. It can cause swelling, blurry vision and other problems due to lack of oxygen supply to the cornea.
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reaction to the contact lens solution can affect your vision as it causes inflammation of the eyeballs and redness. It can also cause eyelid inflammation and limit your scope of vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.