Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas JharwalYour feedback matters!
My brother, age 32 is suffering from frequent ulcerations in mouth since 15 years. He s not a tobacco chewer, not a cigarette smoker, not even supari user. He also gets swelling in mouth. With pain. Kindly advice the best possible management.
I Have bleeding in my teeth after sleeping y what the reason for that give me any suggestions about this problem.
Mostly I am getting bad smell from my mouth. Please suggest what can I do? I have cavity in my mouth no pain in chronic format.
I am 24 years male, after cleaning my tongue with brush while i'm spiting out I will see blood coming out with saliva, is it a Major problem should I consult my family doctor please suggest me what I can I do.
I am 31, had braces 2 years back however i wasnt very serious with the retainers after the braces were removed. So some gap has appeared. Can it be corrected by putting on the braces again. How long can it roughly take.Is age an issue?
My mouth got sore in the right cheek around wisdom teeth. It is really painful. The area is not red but white in colour. Been using ORASORE ointment. It gives short relief but the pain is back. Unable to eat properly. Its been a week already. Please help. I have pictures if you want to see.
I am getting mouth ulcers oftenly for even a small injuries during brushing the teeth and also on tongue while intaking the hot tea. Is that a internal health problem, what is the remedy for that?
I have a yellow teeth problem and I brush 2 times daily, instead of brushing my teeth are getting yellow and smelling. What should I do?
People have a lot of misconceptions regarding orthodontic / braces treatment.
1. Most commonly I have heard people say if you extract healthy teeth for orthodontic treatment eyesight is affected. Now that is not true. If that was the case then when your teeth decays your eyes should also have the effect. Your teeth are in no ways connected to your eye.
2. Braces weaken your teeth: no braces do not weaken your teeth in fact well aligned teeth are much stronger than crooked teeth because you can clean them better.
3. Braces are meant only for children: that was the early adage. With new technology now braces have become invisible and even adults can get their teeth aligned without the braces being visible outside.
4. Braces can be put only after all permanent teeth have erupted. Not only teeth can be mal aligned but in few cases the jaw bones are also mal aligned. When such is the case visit a orthodontist at a very early age so that we can alter your jaw growth. Once growth ceases you will have to undergo surgery to correct the jaw problem. Ideal age to have your kids shown to an orthodontist is 7 years.
5. Braces do all the job we don't have anything to do. Braces will do their job only if you allow them to. Follow your orthodontist instructions properly and meticulously. Do not break your braces by eating hard food substances. Keep your mouth clean.
Hope these instructions help some of you.
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.