Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veena
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VeenaYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant of 6 months (first pregnancy). Few months back she had pinworm infection, so her gynecologist give Albendazole tablet to treat infection twice a month. From last 3 months she had taken 2 doses in a month. But now I see on internet that Albendazole must not be taken during pregnancy. Sir / Madam please suggest me, how will this tablet effect the baby and have any solution for this happening?
Not being able to get pregnant can be an agonizing experience. The fertility of an individual can be affected by a host of physical and mental factors. The effectiveness of a fertility treatment is enhanced by several folds if there is an accurate diagnosis of the underlying cause of infertility. The In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) that first made its presence felt in 1978 (the first child born through IVF was on 25 July 1978) has been a revolution and is still continuing to change lives of millions of couples dealing with infertility issues.
When we talk about IVF, a question that often comes to our mind is whether IVF is the solution to all infertility problems? To answer this question, one needs to have a proper understanding of the IVF procedure. The IVF procedure essentially comprises of following things
- Stimulation of the ovary and development of the follicles involves a series of tests and ultrasounds to closely monitor the ovulation process, including the quality and quantity of eggs released along with the hormonal balance.
- In some instances, medications or hormones may be needed to ensure that the ovaries are stimulated enough to ensure proper development of the follicles (sacs filled with fluids where maturation of eggs take place) along with the release of two or more eggs during each cycle.
- Retrieval of the eggs: This step involves isolation of the eggs or the oocyte from the follicular fluid into a culture media and finally into an incubator.
- Fertilization: With the retrieval of the eggs, the sperm samples (from the partner or a donor) are also collected to facilitate the fertilization process (the chosen active sperm may be injected into the egg or mixed with it).
- Transfer of the embryo: From the embryos resulting from fertilization, a doctor selects the healthiest one and transfer it into the uterus of the recipient woman for implantation to take place.
- Following the implantation of the embryo, many women get pregnant within a few days or weeks. However, a pregnancy test can also result in disappointment for some.The failure of IVF treatment in some patients can be attributed to
- The embryo not being healthy enough to undergo the implantation
- Problems or severe damages to the uterine cavity.
- Abnormalities with the egg or the sperm (can be chromosomal or genetic aberrations).
Can IVF solve all infertility problems?
Having a clearer understanding of the IVF procedure, one can state that IVF does come as a ray of hope, especially for
- Males with a low sperm count
- Tubal damage in women. There may also be problems affecting the cervix and the vagina
- Women with ovulation problems (can be due to Hormonal Imbalance, PCOS, Endometriosis) or those who are above 35 years
In unfortunate cases, where IVF fails to produce the desired result, there are other fertility treatments available such as Intrauterine insemination, Gamete or Zygote Intrafallopian Transfer, Intracytoplasmic sperm injections, to put an end to the infertility problems.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If I had sex without condom and then it's possible to have baby of I had sex at least 3 time but it doesn't happen so may I know what should be the reason for this same activity.
Hi I am 10 weeks pregnant. I had an ultrasound scan yesterday. I saw a baby s heartbeat and it measures 173 beat. And in report I found in right ovary there is a corpus leutal cyst which measures 1.6 cm and I didn't have any bleeding or pain. Kindly help me .wat exactly it is. I am very much worried.
Hii sir my wife is pregnant she has second trimester (17 week) I want to my baby must be very handsome but we have both normal colour what should I be done.Please tell.
I had 2 pregnancies before .but My gynecologist has diagnosed me as anovulation with pcos. What's the treatment for this condition if I'm planning for a baby.
I had femilon for 21 days from 4th Oct to 24th Oct and in between had unprotected sex when I am supposed to have period.
On 3rd feb I had unprotected sex but just for 10 sec I did not ejaculate inside her and next day on 4 feb she took ipill. On 18 feb she got her period for 5 days but in month of march she did not get her period we did not do anything later on we tested and it was luckily negative and now in month of april she got her period from 18th april for 15 days. Can she be pregnant? We are worried. And does ipill is effective to any age whether it be 16-17?
I am std infected and I have pain in my leg and my Uric is 6.9 normal. Please tell me what should i do to cure?
The In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) technique manually involves combining the eggs of a woman with the male sperm outside the body through medical procedure. It is a popular treatment method for those who are unable to conceive. IVF treatment occurs through a number of stages –
- The ovaries are stimulated to produce eggs through the process of ovulation induction
- The eggs are retrieved from the woman and fertilized with male sperm outside the body and,
- The embryo is implanted back into the uterus.
Although in most cases IVF treatment yields positive results, there are certain guidelines one must follow during the treatment in order to avoid any complications -
Eat healthy meals in small portions throughout the day. Working women are bound to spend long hours at the workplace. There may be occasions when you are put under too much pressure and do not get enough time to look after yourself. But in spite of all the workload, you will need to maintain a healthy diet. It is advisable that you stick to light and nutritious food- a wholesome salad rich in veggies and fruits, sprouts, healthy snacks which consist of cheese and yogurt, meat and eggs. Omega-3 and Folate supplements are very important for staying healthy.
Do not stress yourself too much
While doctors normally prescribe you to walk and move around sometimes after the treatment, too much activity can be dangerous during this condition. Do not engage yourself in exercises that are too strenuous for your health. Working women are required to take extra care of their health because they are expected to commute to their place of work every day till they are on maternity leave. Commuting via public transports can be dangerous immediately after an IVF treatment and during pregnancy. It is advisable that you use a private car or cab to commute daily, or you can ask your colleague to pick you up to work.
There are too many things to keep in mind while undergoing the treatment and after the procedure. You need to keep a tab on all the prescriptions, medications, and follow up dates with your doctor. You can keep a notepad to write down specific details such as appointments or list down a few do’s and don’ts as a reminder. This will help you keep a check on your health even when you’re at work.
Pregnancy post IVF treatment can lead to stress and health issues, and since the pressure at your workplace cannot be completely stalled, these tips can help you deal with the condition with much ease.