Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sudeep JainYour feedback matters!
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
My uncle has a severe pain in a artery / vein from approx 5-7 years. The pain starts from the top of the head tll end thumb of leg. And just the right side only. Hand also pains. He has a EAR problem too. Doctor said its problem of neuro some says problem of ENT. He also has high diabetes, sugar and B. P. please HELP.
What makes sudden dizziness? I am 29 years male. Today I absorbed that feel. Need to understand the reason, risk factors and the percussion of the same.
I have snoring problem. I could not breath while sleeping backside down. I have to sleep front side down, it leads saliva out of mouth. Please help.
Today there was bleeding from the right ear. Ent doc said there is a tear in the drum possibly due to some external injury. However there was no external injury whatsoever. Pls share the possible reasons. Have been using headphones for aprox 3 hours to watch videos every day. Have been using buds out of habbit
I have nasal polyps in my nose. From the last 3 years. Now I completely lost my smell sensation what would be the solution for that?
Positional vertigo also called bppv occurs when small debris of calcium particles falls in semicircular canals of inner ears.
This causes brief episodes of spinning for few seconds or a minute with a change in position.
This type of vertigo is curable completely with vestibular therapy.
For a detailed discussion of your symptoms kindly click on private consultation.