Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. SmitaYour feedback matters!
I am an adult of 34 age(m). My child is having chicken pox. Some one suggested to take acyclovir -400 DT tablets 1 tablet per day for five days is it ok? Are there side effects because of this tablets. And this dosage is ok or I should take it more per day?
My son is 2.5 Years old, he is suffering from cough he become healthy after medication but after a month he become sick again. please suggest.
Hello everybody. I'm Dr Pulkit Nandwani. I'm a consultant gynaecologist and laparoscopic surgeon here at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini. Today, I would like to share some information with you about fibroids.
Fibroids are becoming increasingly common these days. They usually occur in the age group of 30 to 40 years of women but can occur at any age group usually at the age group of 30 to 40years.
Now what are fibroids?
Fibroids are usually noncancerous just an overgrowth of the muscle tissue of the uterus. Fibroids are also called myomas or leiomyomas. Now these fibroids can be located anywhere in the uterus. They can be either in the muscle tissue of the uterus or even in the ovaries or from a stem hanging inside the uterus or out of the wall of the uterus by hanging by a stem. The size and location number of fibroids vary a lot and according to them the symptoms depend.
Now what are the symptoms of fibroids?
The symptoms of fibroids depend on where the situation where the fibroid is located, how big it is and how many numbers of fibroids are located. The symptoms can be they usually cause the change in menstruation. The patient usually experiences heavy bleeding with painful cramping and now instead of monthly bleeds. The bleed may come at irregular intervals and at least twice or thrice in a month. There can be pain during bleeding. Other than the painful bleeding, the fibroid can also result in various symptoms. Because of the size and the weight of the fibroid, it might press on the urinary bladder and the patient might experience frequency of urination even pain during urination. Same if it's at the back of the uterus, it might press on the anus and cause painful deification obtained while passing motions. Because of the heavy bleeding patient might land up with low hemoglobin and having anemia and generalized symptoms of anemia like the fatigue, the weakness, loss of strength, loss of stamina, all these are the symptoms of fibroids. Just a pain in the lower abdomen can also be the manifestation of fibroid.
Fibroid can also cause infertility. Patient might find difficulty in conceiving or there are chances if the patient conceives if the fibroid is located inside the lining of the uterus it might cause increased chances of miscarriages. There might be abortions then but the good thing is that fibroids rarely cause cancer. It might twist on itself, cause severe pain and but it rarely causes cancer and grows over a period of time. It slowly grows over a period of time, sudden growth is a matter of danger sign.
Now, what are the treatments available for fibroid?
Fibroid if it is asymptomatic the patient is comfortable it was just the routine diagnosis, need not require any treatment at all but usually fibroids cause bleeding problems. So the most common treatment that we employ is starting the patient on medical treatment, a number of hormonal pills come which regulate the hormones inside the body of the uterus and limits the blood flow of the patient and the patient remains comfortable. If medical treatment is either not successful or by the location of the fibroid we already know that medical treatment will not work as in case if the fibroid is coming inside the lining of the uterus. In those cases the fibroid has to be removed surgically for the fibroid is usually done. If it is coming inside the lining of the uterus even if it is very small or a big fibroid is obstructing, the uterus lining causing pressure symptoms. In that case surgery has to be done. Now for surgery also there are two to three types of surgery which can be done.
- If so patient is young, she has to conceive again and family is not completed, we try to remove only the fibroid. It is known as myomectomy.
- If the patient is elderly age family is completed, it caues a lot of problproblemshere are multiple fibroids, in that case, the modality of treatment is a one-stop treatment in which we prefer to remove the whole uterus in which case it is known as hysterectomy.
- Regularly total laparoscopic hysterectomy fully by laparoscopy is done routinely at the hospital at Saroj Medical Institute for fibroids.
So this is much for fibroid for today. If you have any query you can contact me at lybrate. I am Dr. Pulkit Nandwani or you can even take a consultation appointment at Saroj Medical Institute Rohini, Delhi.
I HV delivered a preterm baby of 1.900 gm. My delivery date was 28 July BT due to water discharge baby was delivered on 23 June. Baby was kept in ICU 4 13 days bcz he suffered from jaundice n pneumonia. Now d baby is OK BT he does potty around 8to 9 times a day, generally after feeding. I am worried. Is some problem there? Do I need to consult a doctor?
My 20 month old boy baby often gets runny nose cold dry cough and persists for nearly 18 days. While the symptoms of cold cough starts he gets fever and after giving p125 3 ml the fever cures but the cough persists for more than a week and gradually decreases I have heard the babies do not need medication for cold and cough Please let me know is this Normal whether he needs medications what type of home remedies can I follow to cure whenever he gets illness.
My child baby age 6 month & her first tooth starting so she faced highly loose motion problem so please suggest me wht we do.
My daughter aged 4 years is having cold and cough since 3 weeks. No fever. I am giving her medicines like cough syrup but with no use. Some days she looks absolutely fine but the other day she starts coughing badly. Mostly while sleeping she starts coughing badly. I am giving her asthalin syrup. But there is no relief. How to manage her cold and cough ?
My father have been continu cough sincelast 8 months i dont know what happen in my fathe.R they have work welding.
Son is 1.9 years old. And in our location hospital is about 10kms away! I want to know what is the immediate thing i've to do if while eating or drinking some food particles or milk got stuck in mouth airway. Because this is a common dangerous accident that can happen among kids!
Hello doctors My 6 month old kid having fever since yesterday between 99 to 100 and giving babygesic between 6 -7 hours gap. NOT ANY STOMACH OR THROAT INFECTION. Please suģgest for allopathic or homeopathic safe medicine for him or any other home remedies.
I have started giving milk to my 13 month old baby starting 2 3 days he was drinking properly but whenever I feed her cerelac or their he vomits it from last 2 days kindly give me suggestions.
My daughter is 5. 5 months old her weight is just 5.5 please help me I am really worried birth weight 3.3.
My 4 years old son has viral 3rd day, has passed lose motions twice and has complained stomach pain. Wht med can I give him. He's on crocin ds & meftal p alternately.
My younger daughter is 10 years old. She is not gaining her weight please suggest some diet for her.
My baby is 3 months old and he drinks a better quantity of milk but she also spit a.lot like some times curd. And sometimes very instantly after feeding why this happens so. Why. She do like this is there any solution. Pls answer.
Can you please suggest an Indian diet for a 17th month old baby boy diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome. Thanks.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.