Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rishi Tiwari
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Rishi TiwariYour feedback matters!
Hi. I am 27 years old male. From last two weeks I am feeling dizzy when I change my position from sitting to standing or from sleeping position to standing position otherwise I feel completely normal. It is serious or just feeling weakness. Should I consult a doctor? Please guide.
Sir my weight is very less. My age is 19, weight is 38 hight 5 feet. please helm me sir .any fat tablets. No side effects sir.
I am 30 year old. Having back pain frequently while riding the bike. This starts while last month onwards. Inspected the bike having any shock absorber problems. But not having any problems. Is it will be because of the posture of driving? I am already having a bend at chest. The bike is only six months old. Please give a reply.
What are the symptoms of dengue how it's affect our body and what medicine should I use to prevent it.
I am 20 years I have problem of heavy hair fall for last 3 years can you please say me what should I do?
Alien Hand Syndrome or AHS is a neurological disorder that causes the patient's hand to move involuntarily. The individual has no control over the movement of the hand and sometimes, he or she may not even be aware of the action! The patients often report feeling like their hand does not belong to them anymore. The disease has no cure but the symptoms can be treated and reduced. Usually the hand is kept occupied constantly by holding a light object.
Causes of Alien Hand Syndrome:
Though the exact causing factor of AHS is unknown, there are a number of instances which have been shown to influence the development of the condition. The chief factors are:
- Brain injury: Injury caused to the brain by blunt force trauma or faulty surgery can lead to Alien Hand Syndrome. This is particularly seen if the frontal lobe (the brain center of voluntary movement) or the corpus callosum (the bundle of nerve fibers connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain) is affected. These are the areas that regulate motor functioning and the neural pathways to execute the actions.
- Brain tumor: A tumor (a mass of abnormal cells) pressing on the motor centers of the brain can cause involuntary movements of the left hand in a right handed person. This is because the right hemisphere of the brain controls the left side of the body and vice versa. Tumors blocking the neural pathways usually cause errant movements of the predominant hand.
- Neurodegenerative conditions: Diseases like Alzheimer's disease and Creutzfeld & Jakob Disease are characterized by memory loss, rapid changes in personality and growing defects in the central nervous system. AHS could be a complication of such disorders. Effects of Alien Hand Syndrome This is an extremely rare condition. There have been less than 80 known cases around the world since 1908.
The disorder is often unreported because it is mistaken for a psychiatric problem due to its unusual symptoms and effects.
- The patient may not even be aware of what his 'alien hand' is doing. The hand may even begin functioning of its own accord when the patient is asleep.
- AHS can result in feelings of guilt and shame because of the embarrassing actions of the hand that the patient has absolutely no control over. The hand is often said to be governed by primal animalistic urges of hitting others, tearing clothes off etc.
- The condition often leads to social anxiety, depression and paranoia.
Cholesterol is generally regarded as something bad for the health. As a part of diet, everyone tries to avoid anything that has cholesterol in it. What needs to be understood is that not all cholesterol is bad. There is also good cholesterol, which is actually very essential for body functions. This is required for the production of essential hormones. Inadequate amounts of good cholesterol can lead to problems ranging from simple hormonal imbalances to severe issues like infertility.
The following are some food items, which contain sufficient amounts of good cholesterol and should find a place in your plate. They are essential for various body functions including hormone formation.
Avocado oil: Most oil is considered bad, but avocado oil contains about 70% of good cholesterol and should be used for its heart-healthy benefits. Being a great antioxidant, it protects the heart by reducing inflammation and by improving blood pressure. Eating whole avocado is also beneficial for the heart and the body as a whole.
Buckwheat: This whole grain is rich in many vitamins, quite a few minerals, and is a good provider of dietary fiber. It is also gluten-free and is rich in antioxidants, making it extremely cardio-friendly.
Soy: Too much saturated fat in the diet cannot be digested and the liver converts these and stores it, which adds to obesity. Soy which is a good replacement for animal fat and even dairy products can help improve cholesterol levels and prevent fat accumulation.
Salmon: This is one of the most heart-friendly food items, which is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and good cholesterol. It lowers triglyceride levels and provides a good amount of protein for the body.
Spinach: The cholesterol which settles against the blood vessels is washed off by consuming spinach – in regular quantities at regular intervals. It is also the richest source of lutein, which is known as guardian against aging diseases including hypertension.
Go the nutty way: While most would consider nuts as rich in oils, truth is they are loaded with good cholesterol. Therefore, whether it is almonds or pecans, ground nuts or walnuts, nuts are great for the heart. They are also rich in minerals including calcium, copper, magnesium, and potassium and contain various vitamins. So about a teaspoon of chopped nuts should be on your plate on any given day.
- Dark chocolate: Again, like nuts, most of us tend to avoid chocolate, but these restrictions are only for the white ones with sugar. The dark one is extremely healthy for the heart with loaded antioxidants, which prevents clogging of arteries. It is also rich in flavonoids, which are useful in controlling blood pressure and other heart diseases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of genetic fat-
1. You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
2. You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat-
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques-
- Tumescent liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
- Suction assisted liposuction: This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
- Power assisted liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL. VASER is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
- Laser assisted liposuction: LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma.
Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!