Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RajkamalYour feedback matters!
I can not open my mouth properly because of chewing tobacco. What should I do now? Please help me and tell me the best way for the solution of this problem?
How much pain do I have to endure physically if I go for root canal treatment, As I have already started facing sensitivity in my teeth and what are the side effects if any, expenditure if carried out inside Kolkata (approximate)? Thanking you, Aticchanda Panda.
For an acute sensitive teeth, is it correct to go for full capping of teeth. Will it completely solve the problem?
I am pregnant and 1 month is running. My teeth get infected and dentist recommend me to remove the teeth. Can I remove it? Will it cause any problem?
Hello sir, I am suffering from dental problem (pariya) from last six month. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hi from few days I am feeling sensitivity in both the sides of my tooth's specially when I eat sweet I consulted dentist he gave me tablets but it znt working well. What should I do?
I am 22 year old and sometimes face problem that my teeth get sharpen and inside mouth some kind of rashes inside mouth.
My teeth bleeding everyday and every time not stop. I used sensodine toothpaste but problem same. Pleas help me.
I have got tooth decay at the age of 11-12. Now I am of 20. It pains very much. What should I do? Please suggest.
Hai, I am 34 years old, married, woman. My problem is that my husband has bad breath. Though he never smoke nor drinks. When ever he comes close to me my moods gets off due to the odd smell from his mouth. I talked to him about this, but he never convince rather he says I don't love him if I love him then it shouldn't bother me, he doesn't do anything to cure his problem. Our sex life is getting affected. What should I do?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.