Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Ayurvedas online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pawan Kumar Grover
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Pawan Kumar GroverYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Pawan Kumar Grover to be knowledgeable, well-reasoned, professional and sensible. Thank You.
For Improvement or development muscles Please suggest which protein powder. Or any tablet to be used and also suggest specific food for this.
In today's scenario, it's a general notion that people who eat oily and greasy foods are more likely to suffer from problems such as diabetes and obesity. And, use of oil in our daily routine is a necessity not only because of the flavor it adds but also due to the fact that they fulfill the requirement of essential fatty acids of our body. Thus, it is important that we must be very careful while selecting our cooking oil.
Considering our changing health requirements, a number of studies have been carried out over the past few years to determine, cooking oils that are better than others and one such oil is coconut oil. It is due to the presence of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil, which makes it better for consumption than a number of other cooking oils available in the market. Also, research has shown that instead of the regular vegetable oil (like sunflower and groundnut oil), switching to coconut oil can help in reducing the risk of diabetes.
Read on to know more about coconut oil, its benefits, and why it is less likely to cause diabetes when used as a cooking medium.
Coconut oil is extracted from coconut and people who are habituated to using a lot of coconut oil are relatively healthy. Take Keralites for instance, who are known for their lean frames, smooth and shiny complexion, and quality of hair and skin. Their diet contains a high amount of coconut oil, which is used in different ways, right from sautéing vegetables to deep-frying fishes. As, the coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, is rich in antioxidants and contains lower amounts of saturated fat. In comparison to other vegetable oils, coconut oil is a complete contrast and is very healthy.
Difference between coconut and vegetable oils
- While vegetable oils contain long chain fatty acids, the coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids. The former gets stored as fat around our belly or buttocks. The latter, however, is used more readily for energy. The chance that coconut oil can get stored as fat is reduced and therefore the risk of diabetes decreases.
- Using vegetable oils also reduces the chance of binding with insulin which in turn can affect the glucose absorption of our body. It also helps in improving glucose tolerance, insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids present in vegetable oil also promote the release of free radicals. These are the main drivers of chronic inflammation, of which diabetes is definitely a result. Thereby, switching to coconut oil will lower the chance of chronic inflammation, which in turn is helpful in reducing the risk of diabetes.
- Vegetable oils also increase insulin resistance, which means that the body’s sugar is not metabolized, and is eventually converted and stored as fat. Coconut oil, in addition to preventing storage, also improves the metabolism of these and so does not promote fat accumulation.
Coconut Oil – A superfood
- Coconut oil is a superfood which is known to provide instant energy without shooting up the blood sugar levels.
- It contains medium chain fatty acids that are instantly used up for energy which reduces the chance of these fatty acids being converted to fat.
- Use of coconut oil as the cooking medium is better for weight management.
- It is also beneficial for managing overall skin and hair issues.
- Also as mentioned above, the presence of medium-chain triglycerides in Coconut oil prevents the development of organisms causing atherosclerosis, which leads to artery blockage, unlike other fats or oils.
So, switch to coconut oil today and reap the benefits without any delay. In case of a concern or query consult an expert & get answers to questions!
Dear Sir/Madam I am working as a Bank manager in Private Bank to Maintain good personality every day morning I used to work out for an Hour. But my muscles are not growing to grow muscles which food should I take and which drink should I drink please suggest. My age 30 and Weight 75 Height 5.5.
Hi Sir I want to increase my weight an my build up my body so please can you guide me Thank & Regards
Diabetes is primarily classified as a lifestyle disorder; although some people get it as a congenital problem while children can also develop diabetes due to genetic predisposition. In Ayurveda, diabetes is known as Madhumeha or Maharoga which can cause multiple other problems such as heart failure, kidney disease amongst others. However, a major chunk of diabetic patients develop it due to lifestyle issues such as physical inactivity, bad diet and stress. Complications from diabetes are among the top few causes of death in the world.
The Ayurvedic approach
The Ayurvedic approach towards treating diabetes and keeping it in check has a multiple pronged approach that includes filtering toxins, correcting the imbalance of the doshas and correction of metabolic problems through exercises and Yoga.
Some of the ways how Ayurveda can control diabetes are mentioned as follows
- Home Remedies and herbs: There are many forms and types of juices or concoctions in Ayurvedic medicine which help control blood sugar levels and thus lessen the symptoms and prevent damage to the organs. Some of these are
- Extracts from Fenugreek or Methi seeds
- Neem, turmeric and tulsi preparations
- Karela (bitter gourd) juice which you should take early in the morning in an empty stomach
- Boiling the bark of Banyan trees in water and then having it as a tonic
- A mixture of cinnamon powder and boiling water which should be strained and then used as a tonic amongst others
- Diet: If you have already developed diabetes, borderline or have a genetic predisposition to it, diet is one of the most important things that you have to control.
- Some foods good for you according to Ayurveda: Bitter gourd, snake gourd, spinach, jamun, garlic, turmeric, drum sticks, barley, wheat, tulsi, Amla, bael, pepper, soyabean, and cucumber among others
- Foods you should refrain from according to Ayurveda: Jaggery, sugarcane juice, alcohol, processed and unrefined sugar, oil or ghee, cakes, aerated drinks, rice or rotis in large quantity, butter and sweets among others
- Yoga and exercises: Although brisk walking, cycling and swimming are great ways to keep your metabolism pumped up and keep diabetes in control, Yoga is the best method of physical exercise that works in conjunction with Ayurvedic treatment. Some of the most effective Yogasanas are mentioned as follows.
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Mayurasana or Peacock pose
- Locust pose or Shalabhasana
- Half spinal twist pose or Ardha-matsyendrasana
- Waist rotating pose or Katichakrasana
- Surya namaskar amongst others
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!