Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Gynaecologists online in Jajpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam Garg
Submit a review for Dr. Neelam GargYour feedback matters!
Hello. I don't know why my panty is smelling like a dead rat .daily I take bath and wear my clothes after washing it .i don't know it is happening due to vaginal discharge or due to urine .plzz plzz help .nd give some suggestion.
I am a 20 years girl my boy friend have sex with me often & he licks my vagina daily & sucks my milk so will it cause any harm to me in future?
The most devastating period for any pregnant women is a miscarriage. This normally happens because of genetic abnormality noticed in the fetus caused due to tripling of a chromosome. This is also called ‘spontaneous abortion’ because the body rejects the random genetic abnormality. Apart from this, there are many other reasons for miscarriage namely blood clotting, deshaped uterus, uterine fibroids, unhealthy cervix and so on. Now, this could lead you to the next question - What can we do to prevent miscarriage?
Time to meet the gynaecologist:
When there is tripling of chromosomes or genetic mismatch, the body actually rejects the fetus, thereby preventing birth of an unhealthy baby. But, if the miscarriage repeats several times, then you have to meet your gynaecologist for further tests and appropriate medical intervention.
Symptoms of miscarriage:
In the normal course, when miscarriage occurs, the women would experience back pain or vaginal bleeding or blood in the vaginal mucus or cramping or abdominal pain. Ironically, sometimes the miscarriage may happen without any of these symptoms. It would get noticed only during routine scanning. However, in the normal course, the chance of a miscarriage is highest before the 12th week. But if miscarriage happens after the 12th week and before the 24th week, then it is called spontaneous abortion. Thereafter, it is known as a ‘still born’ baby.
However, there are some steps that can help women prevent a miscarriage. These steps are briefly explained here.
- Nicotine retards growth of fetus and it is for this reason the couple should shun smoking, months before they plan pregnancy. This change in lifestyle has remarkable effects in preventing miscarriage. Similarly, caffeine can also be the cause of miscarriage. Therefore, women should regulate their intake of coffee as per the advice given by the gynaecologist.
- Women suffering from chronic ailments like lupus, problems with thyroid, epilepsy and such other ailments are prone to a miscarriage. Similarly, it is also advisable that women should get tested for STD/HIV because these ailments can cause a miscarriage. Women suffering from such ailments should be under constant medical care.
- In addition to these, the women should take food rich in vitamins, proteins, Omega-3 and fibres. Further, they should also do physical exercises as per the instructions given by the gynaecologist. One should drink enough water so as to keep oneself sufficiently hydrated. Women must practice meditation, which helps in reducing stress.
The causes of a miscarriage are many; women should discuss about the issues relating to a miscarriage with their gynecologist. This helps them take appropriate preventive steps against this unwanted situation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am now 7 months pregnant, to me daily early morning some 3,4 drops white water is coming out .Its normal or any problem, please suggest me.
I am 29 yrs old. I' ve joint pain and polycystic ovaries. I' m 81 Kg. Still I' m going for walk every morning for 1 hr.
Period is on but few drops only. Not regular one. Bloated can't breathe. Stressful month. Burning vagina.
Hello Doctor, I am 27 years married. My period was regular but next month it come before 5 days from due date. My last date is 10 July 2017 and I expected next date is 5 August or 10 August. My hubby and me try for baby and having daily intercourse. Now 10 August I feel mc pain for only 5 minutes and also only 1 drop bleeding but after that no pain no bleeding. Then 20 Aug I check urine by prega news pregnancy test kit and I saw early morning urine (10 am) show two pink line in a kit. 1 dark pink and 1 dark light pink line. I also feel tired. So please can you suggest me or explain me. I am pregnant or not. And if yes so what can I do for further treatment. Thanking you.
In Vitro Fertilization is the most common and effective way to help women to conceive. This method is a blessing for those couples who are not able to have children because of some medical issues. IVF has opened the doors of hope of such couples. IVF method is an artificial method of fertilizing egg outside the body in the laboratory and then implanting it in the uterus. This method is best when the other treatments have failed. The success rate of IVF is high and the chances of multiple birth is more. This method of conceiving is getting popular in many countries among childless couples. Studies have shown that one percent of the babies in United States are born through IVF. IVF is safe and economical. This method keeps on of the parent biologically connected to the child.
- Curbing the natural menstrual cycle: The women before undergoing this process is given injection for two to three weeks to supress her natural menstrual cycle.
- Super ovulation: To increase the production of eggs, fertility drugs containing the fertility hormone follicle stimulating hormone- FSH are given to the woman. This makes the ovaries to produce more eggs than usual. Regular ultrasound is done to examine the process of ovaries.
- Retrieving the eggs: The produced eggs are then collected through a minor surgical procedure known as follicular aspiration. In this surgery, a very thin needle is inserted into the ovary through vagina which is connected to a suction device. This device sucks the eggs out. This process is repeated for each ovary. Doctors try to collect 15 eggs in one cycle which can give high chances of successful pregnancy. These eggs can be frozen or donated too.
- Insemination and fertilization: The collected eggs are then placed with sperms in a controlled environment chamber. Sperms enter the egg naturally and sometimes it is directly injected, called intracytoplasmic sperm injection. After this the fertilized egg is divided and becomes an embryo. After this doctors recommend to diagnose the embryo in order to check if it is healthy and not diagnosed with some genetic disease. This decision is totally on the parents though. The selected embryo is then transferred. Women is given progesterone, this help the lining of the womb to receive the embryo.
- Embryo Transfer: Generally, more than one embryo is placed in the womb. This is done on the mutual discussion of the doctors and the parents. The embryo is transfer with a thin tube or catheter. It enters the womb through vagina. Once the embryo is attached to the lining of the womb, the embryo starts growing and the rest development is parent’s responsibility by taking good care of the mother.
Artificial implantation techniques may differ clinic to clinic but the ultimate goal is to bring a baby in this world. IVF has become the best way for conception for the ladies who are not able to conceive and the birth success rate has made it more popular.