Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Veterinarians online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. MahendraYour feedback matters!
My Labrador bitch, 14 months running, I have noticed some patches one her forehead with a hint of blood and dry rough skin, what to do?
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.
My daughter, a female pug, 5 years old who has recently developed some grey rough patches near nail roots in left paw and a slightly bigger similar patch above with hair loss. Initially, her nails bled and we started applying ay fungal topicals. The patches are still there and occasionally she limps. Any suggestion is deeply appreciated.
My dog is not eating food since last three or four days.If we feed her food with spone or our hand then she will eat otherwise she drinkd only mink and eag and left the bread.
Hello how are you doctor I want to ask you about my dog labrador hes 2 years old He did not crossed any bitch yet is this mandatory to cross him?
Hello My cat is a persian breed and its 6 months old. He got a skin allergy. I took him to very good doctors in the city but no change. I am giving him vitarest every night. He is not at all increasing in his weight. What to do ? The allergy is around his tail and top side of the abdomen.
I just came home 4 days ago and there were 2 little kitten near the stairs and we thought that there mother is near by and left them but there mother has not come back yet and they are dying we are doing what we can but they do not seem to get better what do we do?
My dog is not eating and her activeness has also decreased to a considerable level.What should I do?
Sir,I have female greatdane dog. I observed that near to her vegina two holes with red color infection around it. Because of that she is not that active. I informed to know vet doctor and doctor will visit us within 2 days. Before even I want to understand what kind of it. Please help me out.
My 6 month labrador dog suffering from hair fall. please give me some best suggestions! like. An ejection names or any thing.
My Dog is not eating. Her mouth has a terrible foul smell and has developed red rashes between her hind legs and under the tail. She has even become very aggressive and grumpy, and would not let anyone try to get her active.
I have a 4 months old German shepherd . His ears are bending towards each other and have finally touched each other . Is there a problem ?
My bithch has swelling in it's ear n it's really painfull to see her like this also it has rashes on it's stomach please suggest me what to do ?
I have a pet dog who is 2 years 6 months old. 1 year back he got hit by stick in his balls. It cnt walk properly now he keep his back leg folded, we do takes nerobian tablets very freguently but now a day even after taking tablets he do not get well. So please help me out with some medicine and advise.
When does a dog use to get blood vomits. Because why I am asking I had a gsd cross breed. The doctors said may be it has been suffering with liver infections. Please clarify if there is liver infections they use to get blood vomit.
I am from a village in Jharkhand India, as there is no proper Veterinary available in my village. I require your guidance for my Male GSD named SPIKE whose DOB is 15 June 2014. As of now he is 9 months old, but he is too slim and have dull coat in compare to his brothers of same age/litter all are on home diet. I use same supplement which they are using and also deworm him regularly.I have also started feeding him home cooked food ( from which he will be getting very small or no nutrient), I feed him 1/2 lung every day or 100 grams of cow meat and 1/2 ltr of milk, Chapatti (Wheat). Hence I wants to supplement him with available natural, herbal or any multivitamin supplement available in the country. I have contacted AAFCO, NRC and FEDIAF in this regard too.I have converted the NRC & AAFCO nutrient quantity in milligram and wanna be assure that he gets adequate nutrient. i have contacted aafco, nrc and fediaf in this regard too.i have converted the nrc & aafco nutrient quantity in milligram and wanna be assure that he gets adequate nutrient. so i wanna know which product should i feed him for multivitamin supplement or calcium, nutrient, vitamins, amino acid etc. please for god sake or for the sake of dogs please
I have a 2.9 year old golden retriever. When he was so young like upto 6 months at times he will not eat his cereal fully, so my mom used to hand feed the remaining cereal in his bowl. Then until his age 1, he used to eat well by his own. Last year we took him in our car for a 12 hour journey as we shifted from our hometown to chennai. From then he didn't eat well for more than a week. So my mom started hand feeding him. And then till today he eats only when my mom feeds him by opening his mouth. At one time I even tried to stop this habit by asking my mom not to hand feed for two days And I just kept the food in his bowl, by then he'll just take few mouth of food from his bowl and not eat anymore and handfeeding started once again and continues till today. So can you please suggest me what should be done to make sure that he eats by his own.
Dogs must never be fed with following people-food. It’s only slow poison for your pets.
1. Onions & Garlic: These are highly flavored foods and can cause toxicosis in dogs.
2. Chocolate: Ingestion of chocolate by dogs can cause abdominal pain and vomiting to them due to the presence of theobromine and caffeine.
3. Avocado: Dogs must never be fed with avocado flesh or skin. Not just avocado fruit but even various parts of avocado tree are fatal for dogs.
4. Raisins & Grapes: Even slight feeding of raisins or grapes can pose problem to dogs. Their ingestion can cause kidney failure to them.
5. Nuts: Nuts contain phosphorus that can cause bladder stones in dogs. Ingestion of walnuts and macadamia result in vomiting, joint swelling and muscular pain in dogs.
6. Xylitol: Xylitol is a sweetener that is very harmful for dogs for it can cause them loss of coordination, seizure and even liver failure.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.