Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Jaipur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhur JoshiYour feedback matters!
My father has cough and asthma. Currently he is taking asthalin inhaler. Pl. Advise some medicine for cough and asthma.
I am suffering from stomach problem. I always feels urge to go to toilet. Although I relieved well in morning and evening but some times if not properly then I have to go again in afternoon. One more thing which is unbearable is breathlessness whenever I go to toilet both the times. Some time this breathlessness is so severe that I have to take asthalin spray. Also my stomach is feels lumpy and hard every time from center and gains 3 inches in past 2 years. I was a fitness freak in past and regularly did body building for 10-11 years. But from past 8 years I am suffering from this condition, although I still managed to go to gym for some fitness maintenance. From past 3 years my problem is getting worse and now the situation is whenever I eats I feel full every time and breathlessness increases Months over months. I had consulted homeopathy for past 5 years. It helps me but no fully. Pls suggest something to rid of my problem. Now I feels loss of energy, lack o confidence and irritated all the time.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last two weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard, can you suggest what should be done.
I am 60 years old having diabetes using Glycomet GP2, Pioz 15 one daily. Now Sugar under control Fasting 120, For BP 160/80 I was using Benitec 40 Half Tablet. Under control 130/80 and I stopped genetic 40 and now again after 6 months my BP is 160/80. I am getting high constipation, Gas problem and some times breathlessness. What should I do?
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.