Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have done treatment for root canal but after 6 months it s paining whenever I eat something can you please help me out.
I am eating tobacco from many years and now I want stop how could it be done and my teeth has became dirty so I want to clean suggest home remedies.
My gums bones are leaving the teeth (lower front 6 teeth) .as my gums are receding .dentist suggested me flap. I started using sensodine and listerine too for proper oral hygiene. I am done with OPG ,it is showing that bones are less. So kindly suggest me.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!
M aged 52. Full scaling done but after 3 months there seems bleeding in gums. Gums are very weak. What to do ? Please suggest.
I am 27 old, coming blood during brushing and foul smell from mouth. Please suggest me any treatment. Thanks.
It's been 12 days since I got my upper right wisdom tooth extracted. It was a simple extraction. No sutures involved, wasn't painful later and bleeding stopped in a day. I am following a soft food diet until now. Can I resume having meat or chicken from now? Will it affect my clot and wound. How much more longer should I wait until I resume meat!
My teeth became yellow for that one of my friend told about cleaning (teeth) but I think it is not advisable so, in your vision what is advisable.
A toothache can have at its heart one or more causes, whether its tooth decay, tooth fracture or infected gums. Among the different kinds of remedies that you can employ to relieve yourself of toothache, peppermint leaves is one of the most effective ways in providing temporary respite. Possessing anti-inflammatory properties, you can use peppermint leaves in the following ways to cure that painful toothache:
1. Chew some fresh peppermint leaves to experience its cooling sensation and bring down the soreness.
2. You could lessen the swelling by holding dried peppermint leaves against the aching tooth.
3. Even having peppermint tea can provide you with respite from the pain.
For this, take 1 cup of warm water into which you add 1 teaspoon of peppermint leaves. Let it steep for about 20 minutes before allowing the tea to cool down. Take a small sip of the tea, and gargle it in your mouth before throwing it out. Repeat as needed.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.