Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Jolly AroraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
During the treatment, Dr Jolly Arora supported me a lot. In the past I consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my erectile dysfunction, but Dr Jolly Arora helped me immensely.The overall atmosphere in the Fortis Escorts Hospital is very soothing. He is very talented and seasoned doctor. Our family physician personally recommended this Jolly Arora. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I was suffering from male sexual probelms for which I consulted Dr Jolly arora. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Fortis Hospital is so nice. The Hospital can handle all types of emergency cases. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. The doctor is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems.
Overall nightfall treatment was very effective. I have had this nightfall from quite some time. Due to my problem my daily activities were suffering. The overall atmosphere in the Fortis Escorts Hospital is very soothing. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Jolly Arora has so much knowledge that I am amazed.
A friend of mine referred to Dr Jolly Arora as I was suffering from masterbation addiction. He has broad knowledge in the ield of sexology. He is a practical doctor and I am quite impressed with the way he treats his patients. Hygiene is very important, and I must Fortis Escorts Hospital was extremely clean.
Even though I was fit and fine, but suddenly I noticed that i am not able to conceive during my intercourse.I consulted dr Jolly Arora who suggested me Fertile period treatment. She is a famous sexologist in Jaipur. His prescription for fertile period treatment was beneficial.
It was a bad case of premature ejaculation. I feel so great after the completion of treatment. The staff was very attentive to my needs. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Jolly Arora. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.
I had a small penis size due to which I was very tensed . One of my friends referred to Dr Jolly. Over the period of time the treatment has helped me a lot. He is a very practical doctor. He has in depth knowledge in sexology. And I am happy with the results.
I was worried about my curved penis issue. I chose to visit Dr Jolly Arora who is a famous sexologist in Jaipur. He helped resolve my problem within short time. i really thank him for the suggestions he gave.
He Listens with Patience and Then Make You Understand The Whole Situation Then Recommend What Is Good & Practical
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Jolly Arora to be very helpful. Share feedback in your own words...
Doctor is excellent.i must say he is gueinie doctor and a better human being. And treats very well
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Jolly Arora to be knowledgeable. Thank you sir
Dr. Jolly Arora provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you a lot
Dr. Jolly Arora provides answers that are very helpful. Thnx doc
Dr. Jolly Arora provides answers that are caring. Thank u
As shared in part 1and 2 of this series, because of premature ejaculation (pe), both the partners may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can increase anxiety, which may deteriorate the problem.
Remember there is not a single magical drug or medicine in the chemist shop which can solve your problem overnight especially if you have chronic pe. Before seeking any medical treatment for pe, it is appropriate to consider the varied options for solving this issue. These include counseling with a sexual therapist, non- medical treatments like various exercises/ techniques and medical treatments including both modern and alternative medicine.
A. Counseling from an expert - sexual therapist or sexual medicine practitioner:
It is well understood that sex is in the mind. However, repeated pe/ failures can lead to lot of stress and disappointments. Anxiety due to pe itself is a big issue and can lead to recurrence of pe.
Reassurance from sexual therapist / counselor that pe is not a disease and can be easily treatable is relaxing for men who are facing this problem. So please share your detailed history and sexual habits with the expert. This may help the expert to guide you well.
B. Behavioral changes:
Some basic things may also help you to deal with the problem.
1. Some men attempt to treat themselves for premature ejaculation by distracting themselves by thinking nonsexual thoughts (such as naming cricket players and records) to avoid getting excited too fast when approaching their partners. This helps them to focus their attention away from the sexual stimulation.
2. It is also suggested to men that they should relieve themselves of the sexual tension by ejaculating with self masturbation 1-2 hours before attempting sexual intercourse with their partner.
3. Using condoms is known to help in premature ejaculation in some men by decreasing sensation.
4. Women on top position usually helps to delay orgasm in men
C. Exercises & techniques:
There are several exercise and techniques you can try sitting in your home.
1. The" stop and start" method:
This technique involves sexually stimulating the man by self until he feels like he is about to reach orgasm. Then he needs to stop the stimulation for about 20-30 seconds and then start it again. Repeat this pattern until the man wants to ejaculate. This can be continued for 10-15 minutes. At the end of say, 10th or 15th minute, continue stimulation until the man reaches orgasm and ejaculates.
2. The" squeeze" method:
This technique involves sexually stimulating the man by self or by his partner until he recognizes that he is about to ejaculate. At that point, the man or his partner gently squeezes the end of the penis (where the glans penis meets the shaft) for at least 15 seconds. Stop sexual stimulation for about 60 seconds, and then start it again. The person or couple may repeat this pattern for at least 10-15 minutes. At the end of say, 10th or 15th minute, continue stimulation until the man reaches orgasm and ejaculates.
3. Practice breathing exercises
Deep breathing can greatly help in controlling the arousal and tension that cause early ejaculation. Men must avoid shallow breathing as it can trigger premature ejaculation. Instead, what you should do is spend 5 seconds taking in a long deep breath; then hold it for 3 seconds and then exhale for the next 5 seconds. If you can do this for 5 minutes in the bedroom without pause then you can control premature ejaculation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My husband is suffering from low sperm count so 2 to 3 times intercourse in a week it effect decrease sperm count (HARMFUL) to us.
During sex. I am boy. I eat her semen inside my mouth. What I will get problem and what I will profit. I eat my girlfriend semen but without knowledge. So tell me details.
My left testis got infected and it is no more produces sperm. So now having varicocele on right side testis which leads to slight pain and infertility problem. And now I feel like I do not have much interest in sex life. Plzzz help me sir to solve this problem.
The drawback of surgical approaches (such as vasectomy), especially patient compliance and the low success rates with condoms has spurred research on hormonal contraceptive dosage forms. There is a dearth of investigations in the development of pharmaceutical preparations. Evolving technology in the 21st century as well as improvement in living standards further underline the need for new male contraception approaches, especially those that entail new drug delivery methods.
Here are few areas where male contraception is being researched and used in some countries
Hormonal contraception for men is possible, and we are at the threshold of an important breakthrough. Combined testosterone plus progestin administration is more effective and safer than testosterone alone. Combination of testosterone plus an anti-androgenic progestin has several advantages over other formulations. In combined therapy, single injection formulation may have better compliance.
- Conventional male contraception
- Abstinence (doesn't work well)
- Male condom
There are other methods being developed but not sure they are there yet. But for guys? Their options are stuck in a time warp. If a man wants to take pregnancy prevention into his own hands, his choice basically comes down to condoms, a vasectomy, withdrawal, or abstinence. That’s why it's so amazing that scientists are finally developing some real advancements when it comes to male contraception.
Researchers writing in the April issue of the Open Access Journal Contraception published a rundown of the top emerging options. A few hold real promise, particularly a daily or weekly pill that would deliver a dose of artificial hormones to a guy’s bloodstream, which would then act on reproductive hormones to stop sperm from being produced. Like the female hormonal pill, the male hormonal pill would be reversible. But also like the female hormonal pill, there appear to be side effects, among them acne, weight gain, and even trickier to work around, changes in testosterone levels that trigger a plunge in libido.
Non-hormonal techniques are also being developed, particularly a vaccine that immunizes men with antibodies to halt sperm production. This so-called male birth-control shot is encouraging, because it targets sperm directly (rather than targeting other hormones in the body) and doesn’t have the testosterone-lowering side effects of a hormonal pill. Each injection would last for long intervals (experts aren’t yet sure how long), but the pregnancy-preventing effects would be reversible, if and when a guy decides he’s ready to be a dad.
So when can you expect to see men rushing out to the pharmacy counter to pick up their new birth control Rx? “I think we may see a novel male contraceptive within 10-12 years, That may seem far off, but hey at least it’s finally within sight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
How to manage premature ejaculation - part 4, medical treatment options
As discussed earlier, premature ejaculation (pe) occurs when a man reaches the peak of sexual excitement and ejaculates before he wants it to happen. When pe interferes with the sexual pleasure of a man or his partner, it becomes a medical problem.
Several factors such as psychological problems (eg. Anxiety), penile hypersensitivity, habituation of quick sex / masturbation, alcohol abuse, hormonal imbalance (e. G. Thyroid problem), and even genetic problems may cause pe.
Medical (allopathic) therapy for pe treatment:
Drugs used for the management of pe reduce sensitivity and anxiety, improve blood flow or even affect some chemical mediators present in the brain. These classes of drugs include local anaesthetics, antidepressants, and phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors.
Anaesthetic compounds were the first medical treatment proposed for pe management. They were applied topically to the surface of the skin. Lidocaine-prilocaine sprays or creams decrease the sensation of the penis and increase the time taken to ejaculate during vaginal penetration. These sprays / creams are applied 10 to 20 minutes prior to sexual activity. Side effects of topical agents include partial loss of sensation of the penis, absorption in vagina resulting in vaginal numbness and irritation.
Treatment medications include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (ssris), which interact with a receptor (5-ht2c) present in brain and increases the production of serotonin. They also help in reducing anxiety and depression associated with pe. Through this mechanism, they prolong the time to reach ejaculation.
Several ssris have increasingly become used as" off-label" for pe. Among the available ssris, paroxetine and dapoxetine are more beneficial with lesser side effects as compared to other ssris. These medications are associated with sexual side effects including decreased fertility and erectile dysfunction. Dapoxetine is a recent ssri which acts quickly and cleared rapidly from the body. Adverse effects with ssris are usually minor and include fatigue, mild nausea, loose stools and sweating. Other side effects may include decreased sexual urge and increased tendency to suicide, especially with long-term paroxetine.
Another potential treatment option for pe are classes of medications which increase the blood flow by dilating the blood vessels of the penile region and prolong the ejaculation time (phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors). But a headache, dizziness, flushing, body aches associated with them have limited their use in pe.
At present, clinicians need to consider all treatment modalities when evaluating a man with pe, as each patient may respond differently and experience variable side effects. Additional and more effective therapies need to be developed having least side effects.
Ayurvedic therapy for pe treatment:
Vajikaran in Ayurveda is an important treatment modality which increases sexual capacity and improves health. In Sanskrit, vaji means horse, the symbol of sexual potency and performance thus vajikaran means producing a horse's vigor, particularly the animal's great capacity for sexual activity in the individual. Vajikaran therapy reenergizes all the seven dhatus (body elements) and restores equilibrium and health. It also offers a solution to minimize the shukra (sperm and ovum) defects.
There are many formulations which are used in vajikaran. Some of the commonly used formulations include vrihani gutika, vrishya gutika, vajikaranam ghritam and upatyakari shashtikadi gutika. Vrihani gutika is one of the potent formulations while vrishya gutika is highly potent aphrodisiac used in the treatment of pe. Vajikaranam ghritam enhances the strength of penis. Upatyakari shashtikadi gutika is useful for the enhancement of the fertility.
Also, chapdraprabha vati and kaunch pak are known to increase sexual vigor and semen consistency, thereby helping to prolong ejaculation time and sex pleasure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Many of the sexual issues are primarily not big problems. However, because of the taboo and inhibition around them, they are not discussed openly, hence they also fail to get resolved and become bigger. In fact most of the times there are no visible symptoms of any functional problems. Many of them are very basic issues and because of ignorance, myths, and social taboos lead to development of anxieties, distress and further worsening of the problem.
Often men are concerned about their performance in bed with their partner. They worry about- how best then can do, masturbation habits, size of penis and sperm quality.
Consequences of Premature ejaculation (PE):
Both you and your partner may end up experiencing highly unsatisfactory sex. In fact, it can significantly increase anxiety, which may deteriorate the problem.
PE is one such sexual issue. It's not a disease; Not at all..!!
If a person is sexually fit and experiences normal erections but just fail to hold the orgasm/ discharge for reasonable time then he is suffering from premature ejaculation. It's a very normal problem, which if managed properly it can be easily resolved.
We will discuss this PE in 4 parts covering: what it is in actual, how does it happen, how to approach to resolve this problem with behavioural methods, exercise, techniques and medical remedies present in both modern and alternative medicine.
Let’s understand the problem in this 1st part!
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature (early) ejaculation—also referred to as rapid ejaculation; also called as early discharge.
PE is the most common type of sexual dysfunction in men younger than 40 years and seen across all age groups. In elderly men (>60 years) erectile dysfunction is more common. A study conducted by the Journal of Sexual Medicine revealed that this condition is almost equally prevalent in sexually active men of all age groups.
If a man experiences uncontrollable ejaculation (discharge of semen from your penis) either before or shortly after sexual penetration (usually within 1-2 minutes of penetration), he may be suffering from PE. The Mayo clinic at the United States defines PE as a condition in which a man “always or nearly always ejaculates within one minute of penetration."
Instances of PE:
An occasional instance of premature ejaculation might not be cause of concern, but, if the problem occurs more than 50% of attempted sexual relations signifies existence of abnormal pattern for which treatment is required.
Premature ejaculation takes place with negligible sexual stimulation and even before the desire to ejaculate. Another way of describing PE by most therapist or clinicians is the occurrence of ejaculation sooner during sexual intercourse than he or his partner would like.
This broad definition thus avoids specifying a precise “normal” duration for sexual activity and reaching a climax. The duration of sexual activity is highly variable and depends on various factors specific to each individual. Take a situation, a male may reach orgasm after 7 to 8 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner is able to achieve climax mostly in 5 minutes and both are satisfied with this timing, then this is not defined as PE.
Alternatively, a male might delay his ejaculation for up to 15- 20 minutes of sexual intercourse, but if his partner, even with foreplay, requires 25-30 minutes of total sexual activity before reaching climax, he may still consider his ejaculation premature because his partner has not been satisfied (at least, not through intercourse). But in routine practice this kind of situation is NOT called as PE. So every individual and every couple is unique. Same individual may have different sexual behaviour with different partners and different circumstances. Varied situations and varied places of performing the act have a vital role to play in determining the outcomes of individual sexual performance/s. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Human reproductive organs, in both males and females, are rich in nerve endings which are very dense in concentration. This denseness of the nerve endings is what causes the immensely pleasurable feelings during sexual intercourse. For men, one of the most erogenous zones in the body is the foreskin or the naturally occurring skin on the tip of the penis.
This fold of skin covering the glans not only protects the head, but retracts back during sexual stimulation, exposing the glans. It has over 10,000 nerve endings which play a very important role during sexual stimulation and sexual pleasure.
The removal of the foreskin from the male penis has been practiced by tribal societies for a very long time. It is also practiced as a rite of passage in religions such as Judaism and Islam. It may be performed for other medical reasons such as Phimosis, wherein the foreskin is unable to retract behind the glans or to the back of the head. Circumcision has been a hotly debated topic between supporters and detractors. Supporters claim that its advantages far outweigh the risks while detractors state that it doesn’t help in anything at all.
Premature ejaculation and circumcision
One of the things the detractors state is that circumcision removes a large section of sensitive tissue which hosts most of the nerve endings that make sex so pleasurable. It thus, results in the penis becoming less sensitive overtime compared to uncircumcised penises.
Another section of detractors also state that circumcision, especially as an adult, may tend to cause premature ejaculation. However, these are subjective opinions that have been collated over time and may not have a base in proper scientific research. However, the decreased number of nerve endings on a circumcised penis may actually help with reducing excessive sensations that lead to premature ejaculation.
There are conflicting studies and reports about circumcision, sensitivity and premature ejaculation. There is also no consensus whether circumcision corrects premature ejaculation or not. Some studies have stated that after a few months of adult men being circumcised, they did report an improvement on the problem of premature ejaculation.
However, the best thing to do in such as case is to go for a consultation with sexologist. Also, if there are no functional problems with your penis, then the root of your premature ejaculation may lie somewhere else, which cannot be corrected by circumcision.
Hello doctors! I am a 21 year old male and I am kind of addicted to masturbation. I am very scared and worried about my chances of having ED. My early morning erections are not happening nowadays, Kindly help me. I am not married and hence, a virgin male. So, I have no clue and am not confidant about my erections.
Although survey shows that satisfied women have sex several times a week, two out of five are still left craving more. "Women have a broad definition of sex, so this doesn't necessarily mean they want more intercourse. A woman might just want to feel more sexual in general, so let her know you're thinking about her throughout the day, and make her feel sexy.
The lady knows she's hot
Satisfied women don't suffer from low self-esteem four in five think their partners find them extremely sexy. If want a confident sexual partner, never criticize other woman's body. As your own partner will worry about how you feel about her. She won't feel comfortable showing you her body, if she's worried you'll think she's fat, ugly, or full of cellulite.
The lady will be expressive about her needs
Satisfied women know what they want, and 87 percent will express it. A woman comfortable asking for what she wants is going to be orgasmic more of the time. Encourage her openness by increasing sex talk in nonsexual situations. But be sure to look out for nonverbal cues, too. If the lady keeps touching you gently, for example, do that to her too.
Pleasure's the Goal
Sounds crazy, but it's true: Orgasm isn't essential to a woman's sexual satisfaction. Three out of four women say the pleasure from sex makes orgasm less necessary. So relax, your laid-back approach can put her more at ease, making her likely to climax. "The more you try to focus on orgasm, the more you scare it away," says Barbach. Instead, attend to her without that Big-O or Big-Zero attitude. Women don't love sex only for the orgasms, They love it because it brings the couple closer together.
Penis size just doesn't matter!
The cliche is true, it is how you use it. Only 7 percent of sexually satisfied women say penis size is critical to their pleasure. The other 93 percent say they can be satisfied in other ways. It is the hardness and girth that matter more to women than the size of the penis. Passion is what keeps women coming back for more. They were 10 times as likely to rank both passion and generosity as more important than penis size. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I am 22 year old male. I had sex with my neighbour aunty. She is 32 year old. Aunty is married and have two children. Me and aunty didn't used condom while having sex. Shall I affect by hiv. If I have sex with women already having children?
I have erection problems in my penis. While playing cricket the ball headed my penis. I take few times to erect. And erection was not strong. But ejaculation happen correct.
Impotence or erectile dysfunction (ED) is treatable. The condition improves with treatment and lifestyle changes. While there are a plethora of medical options to treat impotence, there are some simple, easy-to-follow natural remedies as well. Here is a list of six such methods:
- Walk a mile: When it comes to impotence, walking two miles a day greatly helps in countering impotence. A brisk walk in the morning or evening helps to reduce weight and intervenes in cutting down obesity. A study in 2005 showed that a healthier lifestyle can improve or even reverses impotence. A person with a 42 inch waistline is far more likely to suffer from ED than a person with a waistline of 32 inches. Maintaining a healthy weight is, therefore, a good way to treat impotence.
- Moving the nether regions: Kegel exercises are known to be conducive for a good erection and better sexual performance. The bulbocavernosus muscle gets strengthened with this exercise. The bulbocavernosus muscle serves three purposes as they help the penis to engorge blood, empties the urethra post urination and pumps during ejaculation. Some other remedies include wearing loose pants, quitting smoking and alcohol, etc.
- Herbal viagra: Red ginseng is considered to be the herbal Viagra because of its high effectiveness. A 2005 study showed that a dosage of 600–1,000 mg per day greatly helped in countering ED. This can be found in the form of a supplement. If plants are to be used, it should be ensured that the tree is at least five years old.
- Amino acid: The body possesses L-arginine that is naturally found in the body and helps in erection. Nitric acid relaxes the blood vessels in the body and sustains an erection for a longer duration. Consumption of high dosage of amino acid (5 mg/day) for six weeks can prove to be extremely beneficial in treating impotence. It should be ensured that a doctor is consulted before starting this course. Patients with a medical condition should not consume amino acid unless specifically prescribed by the doctor to do so.
- Watermelon juice: A citrulline is a form of amino acid that is found in abundant quantities in one slice of watermelon. This is a type of amino acid which is found to be extremely effective in improving the flow of blood to the penis. A 2011 study showed that a watermelon fetches very good result in improving ED.
- Acupuncture: A study conducted in 1999 showed that acupuncture improves erection in more than 39%of the people. This alternative therapy relaxes the mind and helps a person to get more involved while having sex. While there are mixed results of this alternative therapy, it is definitely worth a try to improve ED or impotence. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
While you are in bed with your partner, the worst thing you can do is turn them off by doing things which aren’t required. The bedroom blunders can keep your partner from attaining orgasms or having a healthy sexual experience. Here are few mistakes to avoid in bed:
- Do not forget to kiss: You might not be doing this on purpose, but not kissing your partner while trying to maintain a certain position can lead dip in the arousal levels. Thus, you should make an effort to kiss your partner during the intercourse as it adds to the experience greatly.
- Don’t fake it: Research says that over 50% women fake orgasms during sexual intercourse. This isn’t blasphemy but isn’t a great idea either because your partner will believe that he is doing all the right things. Thus, the scope of improvement in your sex routine will be restricted. Instead, be honest with your partner and tell him what you really need in bed.
- Silence isn’t golden during sex: It isn’t necessary to moan and scream during sex but refrain from being silent. Talk dirty to your partner and whisper naughty things into his ear during sex to turn the two of you on. If you remain quiet, the whole process will feel unnerving and unrewarding. Remember, positive reinforcement counts.
- It is a sin expecting sex to be like porn: Expecting your intercourse to be like a porn movie is a completely unrealistic demand. You cannot expect your partner to change positions at a 0.01 second notice and copy every position you’ve seen in porn. The porn stars are trained people who know their profession. Instead, you should develop your own thing which takes your comfort and arousal levels into consideration.
- Ignoring certain parts: Other than the stimulation points such as the C-spot and the penis, both the partners should also focus on arousing different pleasure points. Try licking the thighs, kissing the neck and stroking the sack for a heightened stimulation. Ignoring these parts will only result your partner in being partially stimulated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
An important part of your adult life and a way of expressing your love, sex can be an effort when, both you and your partner do not feel up to it.
However when you completely put a stop to having sex, these 5 things can happen:
- You feel more anxious: A study by a group of Scottish researchers reveals that when you go without sex for a long time, you are unable to cope with the pressures of life. Couples who had sex for at least once over a 14 day period were able to cope with stressful situations, the study revealed. During sex, your body releases chemicals like oxytocin and endorphins that leave you with happy feelings. When you abstain from it, you shut down an avenue to get rid of pent-up emotion or energy.
- It raises the possibility of prostate cancer in men: Research reveals that men who have sex regularly experience a 20% fall in their chances of developing prostate cancer. The reason is frequent episodes of ejaculation bring about the removal of harmful matter from the prostate gland.
- You become more prone to colds and flu: Less sex can affect your body's ability to fight off germs, making you prone to common colds and flu. A research by the Wilkes-Barre University shows that couples who have sex one or two times a week witness a 30% boost in the production of immunoglobulin A or IgA (an antibody that is the body's first line of defense against germs) compared to people who don't.
- It increases the risk for erectile dysfunction (ED) in men: Findings published in the American Journal of Medicine highlight the fact that men who have sex less frequently are two times more likely to experience ED than men who have sex about once a week. According to the researchers of the study, frequent sex allows the penis to maintain its strength and effectiveness.
- A drop in Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) for women: One good thing comes out of not having sex. It is said that about 80% of UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) occurs within 24 hours of having sex. During intercourse, bacteria from the vagina get transported into the urethra, leading to the infection of the area. For women, the decision to not have sex can reduce the risk of developing this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
It is common belief that people are highly interested in sex. However, this is not true. There are a lot of reasons which can reduce this sexual drive, known as libido. The reasons and therefore the causes are slightly different in men and in women. Read on to know some of the most common causes of reduced arousal in men and women and how to deal with it.
Causes of reduced arousal in men:
• Physiologically, sex is greatly influenced by the sex hormones and with age, as there is a gradual decline in the amount of these hormones in circulation, the sex drive also takes a dip. This need not be the case though.
• Stressed relationships is extremely common and though hormones have a big role to play, the mind is equally if not more important. If the couples are not happy, there is going to be no sex. As plain as that!
• Excessive smoking can reduce a person’s sexual arousal and even affect performance.
• Prescription medicines, lack of exercise, anxiety and depression are other causes that also reduce sexual desire.
• Testosterone replacement therapy in males is often used to boost sexual drive.
• Lifestyle changes including regular exercise, quitting or controlled smoking, stress management, healthy relationships can go a long way in improving sexual performance.
• If there are medications that are affecting the sexual drive, talk to your doctor and switch to an alternative.
• Counselling where the partner is also involved also is very important.
Women: The causes for low sexual drive in females is very different from men.
• Cultural differences: The cultural background and upbringing contribute in a big way to how responsive a person is. When it comes to sex, we as a country are still not very frank and open, and so there could be a perceived lack of desire. This is of course in the initial stages of a relationship and given some time, things would change.
• Relationship issues: Stressed relationships are definitely a big no-no for a physical relationship. Happy relationships definitely invite a lot more intimacy between the couple.
• Hormones: Testosterone which is present in both males and females affects sexual drive in women also. This hormone also gradually reduces over age, and causes some loss of libido.
• Medical problems: Depression, anxiety, endometriosis, fibroids, thyroid issues also affect a woman’s drive.
In managing this issue in women, psychology takes over a bigger role. Talking to the woman first and if required the partner helps in solving the issues in most women. Medical conditions, if present, should be corrected to address this issue. Hormone replacement and medication substitution also may be helpful if required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Marriage is believed to be a license for sex, there is always a partner available anytime, anywhere. Right? Maybe, in the initial stages, before the realities of marriage set in (that too provided you have the privacy and the household chores in order). With kids entering the scene, this scene changes completely. For both men and women, life changes drastically, and sex soon becomes a thing of the past.
While the woman undergoes a lot of physical changes and the new one becomes the centre of all her attention, the male is confused somewhere between frustration and loss of attention.
Suddenly, everything revolves around the new one, and somewhere, the physical intimacy between the couples is completely lost. Most couples resign to it as a way of life, a part of parenthood. Some get frustrated and may even look for sex outside marriage. Come to think of it, what created the child is taken away completely by the child.
However, the scene need not be as bad too. There are always ways and workarounds and taking out a couple of hours for the couple should not be a problem, if planned nicely.
Lost privacy: With the kid on the scene, the couple often loses privacy (of the house sometimes, of their bedroom for sure). This is also one of the main reasons for the loss of sex. Maybe, after a year (or earlier depending on a case-to-case basis), try to have a separate bedroom for the child. This not only gives you privacy but also can lead to a romantic night. So, growing a baby does not have to take you away from your partner!!
Planned dates: Ensure the kid (or kids) is taken care of. Get your close family or friends to babysit them and get yourself out of the environment physically. Being at home will make you constantly want to supervise if things are going well. Trust your babysitters, and they will be fine. Do this at least once a month (or more frequently if possible) to keep the romance alive.
Plan your day: With a newborn baby around (or for that matter, with a child around, whatever the age), there is never an end to the to-do list. Getting to bed very late completely drained does not allow for any physical intimacy between you and the partner. Once in a while, wind up a little early, leave some things for the next day and take some time out with the partner. Even some heartfelt talk would leave you feeling close and be a great way to end the day. Sex, for sure, demands some physical energy and reserve it!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist and ask a free question.
Though there are a number of pleasure points, where women preferred to get touched, however, one point in particularly can really entice your woman in bed and that is her breasts. You must focus on your woman's breasts during the act as the nipples consist of many nerve endings, the stimulation of which results in more arousal. These sexual organs are often groped the wrong way, which is why breast sex does not provide pleasure to the woman; however, when done properly, breast sex can actually prove to be very satisfying to both the partners.
Here are a few pleasurable ways in which you should handle the breasts to maximise arousal:
- The light touch: Stroke and run your fingertips gently over the cleavage and the area around the nipples. This kind of skimming on your skin results in your fingers brushing the tiny hair on your breasts which acts as a delightful tease and results in arousal.
- Divert from the nipple: Even though it is a known fact that nipples are packed with nerve endings which is why they receive the maximum attention during sex, you should aspire to divert some of it to the other areas as well. The areas right above the nipples, often referred to as the 10 o’clock and the 2 o’clock, are the most sensitive parts of the breasts and stroking these areas provide stimulation to the woman
- Fondle them while kissing: While kissing, you can fondle the breasts from behind or stroke them from the front as well. Playing with her breasts while kissing acts as a wonderful form of foreplay as it turns the woman on. However, you must be careful not to grope or press them too tightly as this might hurt her.
- Use different forms of sensation: A study conducted on women confirmed that using different materials to provide sensations to the breasts is more arousing than simply sucking the nipples. You can experiment with ice cubes and fur mitts for maximum stimulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.