Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Joshi
Submit a review for Dr. Amit JoshiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was having this nightfall, but the symptoms were not very visible. No matter how critical be the situation, he is always very calm. I was in too much pain because of nightfall, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. I searched this Amit Joshi online and saw his reviews. The overall atmosphere in the DrAmit Joshi's Sexual Health and Diabetes Care Centre is very soothing. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Amit Joshi perfect advice. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely.
Never once that I felt that Dr Amit Joshi is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The lab in the dr Amit Joshi's Sexual Health and Diabetes Care Centre was very clean and well managed. Dr Amit Joshi guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. It was a bad case of erectile dysfunction. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
Thanks to Dr Amit for the masturbation addiction treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. Both Amit Joshi and staff were very helpful. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but Dr Amit Joshi did it immediately and started the treatment for it.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my premature ejaculation. I was in too much pain because of premature ejaculation, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. As someone I knew, consulted Dr Amit Joshi and they referred us. The staff was very attentive to my needs. Over the period of time the premature ejaculation treatment has helped me a lot.
All of sudden I developed this testicular pain and didn't know what to do. So many doctors I consulted, but Dr Amit's treatment was the best. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. My previous experiences were not so good, but Amit Joshi has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble. During the treatment, he supported me alot.
Dr Amit Joshi has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. He with great ease handled my serious case with ease. I wa suffering from male sexual problems. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my male sexual problems. Thanks to him I am totally satisfied with the results.
The small penis treatment given by Dr Amit was very effective. He has a broad knowledge in the field of Sexology and has years of experience in handling serious cases. I am quite benefitted with his treatment.
It was a bad case of penis pain. The overall outlook of the DrAmit Joshi's Centre was very nice. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. Thanks to him I am much better now.
Gonorrhoea is a bacterial STD that can affect both men and women. It can be transmitted from one person to another through oral, vaginal or anal intercourse. A person who is already suffering from an STD is at a high risk of suffering from Gonorrhoea as well. This disease affects the eyes, throat, vagina, urethra, anus and female reproductive tract. Gonorrhoea can be treated with antibiotics as long as it is diagnosed in time. In order to do so, it is essential to understand the symptoms of this disease.
Some people do not show any visible symptoms of gonorrhoea. This is known as nonsymptomatic Gonorrhoea. Even though there are no symptoms, these people can infect others through unprotected intercourse. However, in most cases, the symptoms of this STD can be seen in 2 to 14 days after exposure to the bacteria. These symptoms are different for men and women.
Men infected with this disease may not show symptoms for several weeks. Some of the symptoms of this disease as seen in men are:
- Frequent urge to urinate
- A burning or painful sensation while urinating
- Pus-like discharge from the penis
- Inflammation and redness of the tip of the penis
- Swelling that may or may not be accompanied by pain in the testicles
- Sore throat
In some cases, the pain may even spread to the rectum.
Gonorrhoea is more difficult to diagnose in women as the symptoms were shown are milder and tend to be similar to other infections. Some of the symptoms to look out for are:
- Watery or creamy discharge from the vagina
- Painful or burning sensation while urinating
- Increased urge to urinate frequently
- Heavier periods
- Spotting in between periods
- Sore throat
- Painful intercourse
- Pain in the lower abdomen
Gonorrhoea can be diagnosed with a simple blood test or by taking a sample swab from the infected area and subjecting it to lab tests. Once diagnosed, it can be treated with antibiotics. In some cases, an injection may also be required. It is important to complete the full course of antibiotics even if the symptoms disappear in a few days. As with any other STD, prevention is better than cure. To avoid suffering from this disease, always use a condom while having intercourse. If you have more than one partner, insist on getting tested regularly. This is extremely important as many cases of Gonorrhoea go undetected for the lack of symptoms shown. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Nightfall or night discharge is a condition when some men ejaculate in sleep usually in the early hours of the morning or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves of the penis due to past bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. Usually, men are able to hold the semen, but when in excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall or late night. This problem usually worsens due to the weakness in muscles and nerves due to bad history of excessive masturbation, thinning of semen viscosity, fluctuation in hormones and a full bladder. Men are able to hold the semen but when it excess then it is eliminated in the form of nightfall.
In the case of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In rare cases, a person might pass urine along with semen. of excessive semen flow and nightfall, a person might experience insomnia, dizziness, weakness, loss of memory and sight, pain in knees, weaker sexual incapacity, infertility, erectile, dysfunction and not to forget stress. In a rare case, a person might pass urine along with semen.
Treatment for nightfall:
It is believed that the best way to stop nightfall is by changing the lifestyle and treating with guidance of doctor. This includes reducing the frequency of masturbation and avoiding porn and nude pictures. However, there are some ways to cure nightfall naturally by doing the following:
- Meditation increases concentration and inner feelings can be controlled. This helps distract men from indulging in unwanted activities and is very effective in controlling nightfall.
- Exercise and yoga allow a person to have full control of their mind, body and soul. By doing regular yoga and exercises sex-related activities which induce nightfall can be avoided.
- Bathing with essential oils before going to bed is helpful as it relaxes the body and mind and allows a good sleep.
- Change in diet can prevent nightfall. Men who suffer from this problem should avoid acidic food.
And if the nightfall persists you need to consult a sexologist and with proper treatment of the underlying cause you can cure your problem completely with your lost physical and sexual strength.
Curing nightfall is easy and should be recognized so that it does not hamper the sex life of a man.
Following home remedies can also be taken to control or prevent the situation:
- Bottle gourd has a cooling effect thereby cools the system which is responsible for nightfall. It can be used in two ways, either by drinking bottle gourd juice before bedtime or by mixing the juice with sesame oil and massaging it.
- Gooseberry or amla helps in increasing the immunity of the body. It is believed that drinking a glass of gooseberry juice can help get rid of nightfall.
- Onions and garlic are known to cure many health related conditions. 3-4 cloves of raw garlic and onions in the form of salads should be had to cure nightfall.
- Milk, when combined with pre-soaked almonds, banana, and ginger, helps to eliminate this problem. Banana has a cooling property which helps to control the problem. Also, eating curd is beneficial as it has healing properties which cool the system and increase immunity.
- Juice of celery and fenugreek are very helpful in nightfall as well as premature ejaculation. These juices can be mixed with honey in a ratio of 2:1.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Your good intention during intercourse might be to give your partner an intense orgasm, but orgasms aren’t something one can “give”. All you can do is make the conditions more favorable for the other person to have them by manipulating your moves.
Here are six ways in which you can orgasm better:
- Don’t skip the foreplay: Just like it is not a good idea to run a marathon without sufficient warm up, it isn’t advisable to skip or shorten the foreplay. Explore and find out and choose the right kinds of foreplay that take the arousal to great heights. Oral sex, clitoral stimulation and self-stimulation during sex are incredible in achieving a better climax.
- Experiment with edging: Try what we call 'edging'. That is, bring yourself close to climax, then stop short of reaching climax, and after a pause a few seconds, rebuild your arousal – again just close to climax. Repeat this until you can't hold any more and then come! The resulting orgasm is very intense and worth the effort.
- Try sex toys: Once in a while let a sex toy join the fun. Sex toys are useful in maximizing the pleasure levels during intercourse or solo.
- Use a lubricant: Don’t think that a lube just addresses the vaginal dryness and painful intercourse. Research shows that as many as 50% women get better orgasms when they use lubricants. The lubrication adds sensitivity to the genitals and helps get good orgasms.
- Target the C-spot: A lot of women have problems in getting orgasms during intercourse as the clitoris isn’t stimulated enough. The clitoris has the maximum number of nerve endings and during intercourse, clitoral contact is needed for most women to reach orgasm. Tip: Try out woman-on top, side-to-side and doggy style positions for clitoral stimulation. There are many more options too.
- Do not overlook the testes: Stroking your sack upwards right before getting an orgasm adds more power to the orgasms in men. The testes are tremendous pleasure points for a man and gently stroking them is useful in heightening the arousal which leads to a stronger orgasm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
When a person is preoccupied with physical fantasies to the point of dysfunction for at least six months, he or she suffers from hyper sexuality. Hyper sexuality is also known as nymphomania or compulsive sexual behavior. These sexual fantasies are usually combined with a compulsive pursuit of non-intimate or casual sex, excessive masturbation habit, pornography, objective partner sex and romantic intensity.
It is more complex than just having an unusually high sex drive because sexual activity gives the addict an intense feeling of euphoria, suppressing other thoughts which cause distress, self-loathing and shame. This interferes with the daily regimen of activities. Treatment and management of sex addiction is imperative because it is disruptive and harmful not just to you but also to others.It also damages relationships, careers and self-esteem.
People suffering from hyper sexuality exhibit the following symptoms:
1. They engage in compulsive masturbation
2. They frequently hire prostitutes
3. Usage of phone sex services excessively
4. They have multiple extramarital affairs
5. They plan out sexual activities excessively
6. They engage in one night stands frequently
7. They are emotionally detached from their sexual partners
8. They prefer unprotected sex
9. They obsess about an unattainable sexual partner
10. They show tendencies of paraphilia
The primary and identifiable causes of hyper sexuality are as follows:
1. Biochemical imbalances in neurotransmitters and nervous system disorders
2. Medical conditions that damage certain parts of the brain of affect brain functioning
3. Overproduction of hormones such as androgens (present in males and females)
4. Being predisposed to hyper sexuality due to genes
5. Altered neural pathways
6. Suffering from childhood abuse
7. Dysfunctional family dynamics
Sexual addiction is believed to be a dysfunctional adult response towards emotional or character regulatory deficits and innate personality as well as abuse, early detachment disorders and trauma. Hyper sexuality is a symptom of a lot of mental disorders such as bipolar disorder, adult attention deficit disorder or obsessive compulsive disorder.
Sex addicts usually do not seek treatment for their addiction until the consequences of their activities are dire and have an overt negative effect on their health, relationships, finances and career. Since addicts feel ashamed and despise themselves, they usually do not seek help until they hit rock bottom. However, it is crucial to treat this disorder in order to lead a happy and fulfilling life where one is not controlled by their addiction. You can also take the package for having safe sex.
Hyper sexuality can be treated using the following methods:
- Group Therapy
- Family and couples therapy
- Support groups
- Self-help groups
- Luteinizing hormone releasing hormone (LHRH)
- Mood Stabilizers
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
A healthy physical relationship is not only stimulating, but it also enhances your emotional bonding with your partner and reduces stress in both partners. However, statistics report that almost 30% of the women experience pain during intercourse. This not only hampers the pleasure, but is also an unhealthy sign since it is indicative of a problem.
Painful intercourse could be a regular occurrence nor a sporadic one. There could be numerous reasons that cause the discomfort and pain. Though it might be an early manifestation of grave diseases, such as endometriosis or fibroids, but more often, it is triggered due to conditions, such as vaginal dryness, yeast infection, bacterial vaginosis, which can be easily treated. It is pertinent to understand that it is not the physical infirmity of the entire female anatomy that causes such pain or discomfort, but the existence of certain conditions that can be treated by a medical practitioner.
Certain such causal factors associated with painful intercourse and the efficient ways to deal with them are discussed below:
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness is one of the most commonly cited causes for painful intercourse. There are various causal factors of vaginal dryness. These include, but are not limited to, consumption of certain drugs, bathing with hot water, health conditions or even lack of foreplay. Vaginal dryness due to the aforementioned causes is a short lived condition that can be treated well with the help of a medical practitioner. Usage of lubricants that is suitable for you, as advised by a medical practitioner, could go a long way in aiding the ease of sexual intercourse. The lubricants act as an effective substitute, if the body is unable to naturally secrete vaginal fluids to ease intercourse, thereby greatly reducing the pain that is experienced.
- Improper vaginal expansion: The female anatomy is designed in such a way that it expands normally during intercourse. Proper foreplay enables the woman to get excited, which results in the release of vaginal fluids that aids in sexual intercourse. However, in the event that the female is not excited enough prior to the act, sexual intercourse can become a painful act, since the vagina is unable to expand in the absence of vaginal fluids. In such cases, take things slow and give your body time to comfortably go with the flow.
- Vaginal itching caused by infection: Vaginal infections can be caused by antibiotics, prior sexual activity that has resulted in contraction of Sexually Transmitted Diseases etc. This results in an itching or burning sensation while having sex. It is essential to rest your body instead of forcing things, and to consult your doctor as soon as possible. The doctor can correctly diagnose the causal factors behind the infection, and prescribe the necessary medicines for it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There is a contrast between intimacy satisfaction and intimacy happiness. Happiness tends to be a byproduct of the relationship. Therefore, while it just takes one partner to be sexually satisfied, it takes two to make the conditions for sexual happiness. A key indication of sexual bliss in a relationship is a couple's capacity to endlessly rejuvenate the sexual energy between them. Consequently, the term sexual happiness depicts couples who can revive, rejuvenate and extend their sexual desire with each other for a very long time or even forever. Here are a few ways through which one can integrate happiness and sexuality:
- Since sexual happiness is a result of the relationship, both the partners need to be happy with each other in general to achieve happiness rather than satisfaction.
- Staying in shape can be very beneficial. Being sound and fit promotes better sex. Not just are fit individuals perform better sexually, but also it is proven that healthier and fit individuals have a more noteworthy longing for sex. There are numerous reasons behind this. Healthy, fit individuals are not only more joyful, but also physiologically, they are capable of producing more sex hormones due to a number of other health factors.
- Enthusiasm is not found in sex; it is found in individuals. To completely grasp sexual enthusiasm, you should be completely present in the moment. As such, you should bring your psyche, body, and soul to your partner. This implies being conscious, aware, and present mentally as well as emotionally.
- Decreasing or managing sex levels can also help one integrate happiness and sexuality. Life is clearly unpleasant many times, and our reaction to all the anxiety can be devastating when it comes to sexual experiences. Not only does a lot of stress or anxiety decrease the yearning for sex, it also additionally hinders sexual performance. Hence, one should vent out to their partners or try therapy or yoga for stress release.
- Routine tend to repel romance and consistency cools the flames of sexual excitement and energy. To neutralize these twin constrains, you should deliberately plan and design different rituals of sexual pleasure. Indulge in customs of joy and particular actions, thoughts, activities, and exercises like back rub, animate, and stimulation of the sexual and emotional pleasures.
- Being happy in general is very important. Being cheerful and idealistic is the establishment of numerous parts of a successful life. Inquiring about actions that make your partner happy are more advantageous, beneficial, and have better connections, including better and more continuous sex.
- Sex is very important in a relationship for knowing and feeling that your partner still fancies you, yet having sex once a week is a practical and an achievable objective for people who tend to be very busy. A study demonstrates that regular sex additionally makes individuals more joyful than a high income. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Blood in semen occurs due to a variety of factors. It is also called 'hematospermia.' It mainly affects men after 30 years of age. After 50 years of age, blood in semen is caused due to prostate enlargement. Blood in semen is caused due to injuries, inflammation and blockage near the male reproductive system. Blood in semen can be linked to other diseases which might not be known by the affected person.
What can cause blood in semen?
- Blood in semen can be caused due to infections, tumors and stones.
- Abnormal body structure generally due to an autism spectrum disorder can also cause blood in semen.
- Prostate biopsy (removal of tissues from the prostate region which produces semen) also leads to blood in sperm sometimes. Though this is temporary and heals within three to four weeks.
- Vasectomy is a procedure done on men, which involves making small holes or slits in the scrotum so that the sperm doesn't flow during ejaculation. This is mainly done to prevent unwanted pregnancy. Sometimes, vasectomy causes blood in semen.
- It is also caused by infections such as Herpes, Chlamydia and Trichomoniasis.
- Sometimes, there are kidney stones found in the prostate called calculi, this is the most common reason for blood in semen.
- Blood in semen can also be caused due to parasitic infection, tuberculosis or chronic liver diseases.
Symptoms of blood in semen:
- Immense pain during ejaculation.
- Pain during urination.
- Acute lower back pain.
- Low to mild fever.
- Swelling in the scrotum and testes.
- Tenderness in the scrotum, testes and groin area.
Diagnosing blood in semen:
- While diagnosing blood in semen physical examinations are performed. The doctor checks for inflammation, swelling, tenderness and signs of injuries.
- Sometimes sexually transmitted diseases also cause blood in semen. So, the doctor takes a blood test to see whether you have STD's or not.
- Urine testing is also performed to see if any bacteria or abnormalities are found in the urine.
- MRIs, ultrasounds and CT scans can also locate any obstructions in the pelvic area which might be a cause of blood in semen. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
When it comes to sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, there is no doubt that prevention is better than cure. Contrary to popular belief, STDs do not spread only through intercourse. STDs can also spread by skin to skin contact. The easiest way to prevent STDs is by abstaining from sex or being in a monogamous relationship with an uninfected person. This may not be possible for many men. Hence, let's take a look at alternatives to prevent sexual diseases.
1. Get tested - Most STDs can be easily tested for and treated. Thus, it is a good idea to regularly get yourself tested if you have more than one sexual partner. Your partner should ideally also get tested for STDs. However, remember that herpes and the human papillomavirus do not show up on STD tests.
2. Avoid sex under the influence of alcohol or drugs - When inebriated, you may not make the best decisions. Decisions made at this stage are usually rash and not thought out. Thus, you may forget to ask the other person if she has been tested for STDs.
3. Vaccinations - Vaccinations can be effective against some types of STDs. The HPV vaccine can be given to boys as young as 11 years until they turn 26. Other vaccines that protect men from STDs are Hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccinations.
4. Use condoms - Condoms are the only way to protect yourself against the transference of STDs during intercourse. A condom should be used even if the woman is using an alternate form of birth control. Never reuse a condom and do not use an oil based lubricants with a condom. Before using a condom always check to ensure the condom is not punctured in any way and that it is within the expiry period. A condom should be used for oral, vaginal and anal sex. However, this does not prevent the transmission of STDs like syphilis, herpes and HPV.
5. Communicate with your partner - It is a good idea to share your sexual history with your partner. This creates an environment where you can discuss getting tested for STDs before engaging in intercourse. You must reach an explicit agreement about what forms of intercourse both of you are comfortable with. It is also a good idea to discuss a possible monogamous relationship with your partner.
6. Circumcision - Male circumcision is said to reduce a man's risk of contracting STDs like HIV, genital herpes and genital HPV. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
If you are in a commitment, relationship or a marriage that is sex-starved marriage one probably can feel the blues. Whether a person is one with a high desire or one with a flat sex line it is a must to improve the relationship in which the person is.
Here are 6 tips which can be discussed with the partner who has a low sexual desire:
1. A satisfying relationship should be a priority: There are two main reasons to make sex life better and pay attention to it. First reason is that relationship with the spouse and the marriage depend on sex to a large extent. There is no successful relation unless there is a satisfying sex life. Second reason is that unless the intimate act is not enjoyed a person is just cheating themselves.
2. Medical Checkup: A visit to the gynecologist or physician can be planned for the spouse. Hormone replacement therapy can be considered. Evaluation and assessment should be done to see that effects are not been caused due to medication. Certain herbal and dietary changes might be helpful.
3. An appointment with a therapist experienced in the area of sexuality should be scheduled: A certified sex therapist can help overcome the difficulties faced by you or your partner - whoever - faces a low sexual desire. Drugs, like Viagra could be prescribed by the therapist.
4. Consider the spouse's feelings: Though you might have a low sexual drive but do make sure that you take care of your spouse's feelings as they can be rejected and hurt. The spouse's mood can be elated by flirting and telling them that they are special to you.
5. Exercise and running: Daily exercises leads to an increase in the blood circulation and thus the blood is pumped to all parts of the body. In women who exercise, the circulation increases the fluids of the vagina which in turn helps in a quicker lubrication when in the act. Exercising also lengthens and strengthens the orgasm. Also, while exercising the brain releases endorphins the sex hormone. These hormones not only spice up the sex but also help in digestion, lower the heart rate, blood pressure and cortisol and ease the body.
6. Improve self-esteem: In some cases a poor body image might be a hindrance from indulging into sexual activity. These personal issues should be given time and dealt with in order to boost the self-esteem. One can start by exercising to improve the body image. Also, lifestyle modification and cutting down on cigarettes and alcohol helps. A new hobby can be taken up to relieve mental pressures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.