Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Jaipur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Amit GoyalYour feedback matters!
My cat has suffering from fever and sneezing continuously, eating sometimes only, what do I do for my pet cat?
I am 30 years old female. I have pet cat in home. I want to know is there any blood test that can detect if I have any infection in my blood or body from cats? Please advise.
Sir my dashound dog is 7 years old, eating well no toilet and urine problems, but its upper abdominal part is paining severely. Cannot touch at all. Walking slowly only. Always sleeping difficult to get up in back area. What is the problem and remedy. Kindly advise.
Hello Doctor, My pet name is Candy she is 2 years old, And she is doberman and lab cross. We would like to feed her different taste of foods. Till now we have t feed her any sweet or spicy. And tomorrow it her birthday we would like to serve her some sweet. Could you please advice us what kind of dish good for her . Kindly suggest us shall we feed her sugar free cakes.
Sir mera dog german shepherd h and vo 9 saal ki h Sir usko 7-8 months say skin allergy ho rahe h. Maay treatment kar va te hu tub sahi ho jate h and again fir say ho jate h abhi usay khujli ho gaye starting hi h abhi may doctor say recommend bhi kar liya h Sir please aap mujhe uske skin allergy ka koi solution bataye. Please.
I have a dog when he gets to sleep he used to take continuous loud breathing while asleep. What could be the possible reason of this thing?
A small puppy 2 months old of a dog has biten me yesterday night, although it is a minor scratch but some blood came out of it. The same dog was found dead today afternoon, due to unknown reasons but most probably due to dog fight or may be others. I have consulted a doctor she prescribed me 5 doses of Rabipur vaccine and a tetanus injection, I have taken 1 each of them within 17 hours of the bite. The remaining 4 doses of the Rabipur vaccine I have to take upto 22 March, in a schedule. My question is do I need to take any further advice or preventive vaccine or medicines also is there any other problem which can arise out of the same.
My dog is suffering from lipomas. And due to his health he cannot be operated. So what should I do to save my dog? Please advise.
Do pet dogs (puppies) contact malaria from mosquito bites? If yes, then what is the cure? What are the symptoms?
Chocolate is made from cocoa, and cocoa beans contain caffeine and a related chemical compound called theobromine, which is the real danger.
The problem is that dogs metabolize theobromine much more slowly than humans, reported by Denver veterinarian Kevin Fitzgerald, PhD, tells WebMD.
“The buzz we get from eating chocolate may last 20 to 40 minutes, but for dogs it lasts many hours,” he says. “After 17 hours, half of the theobromine a dog has ingested is still in the system.”
Theobromine is also toxic to cats, but there are very few reported cases of theobromine poisoning in felines because they rarely eat chocolate.
Dogs, on the other hand, will eat just about anything.
Even small amounts of chocolate can cause vomiting and diarrhea in dogs. Truly toxic amounts can induce hyperactivity, tremors, high blood pressure, a rapid heart rate, seizures, respiratory failure, and cardiac arrest.
It is not unnatural to find some lumps or bumps on your dog’s body, particularly when the dog is approaching its senior years. These growths are among the most common issues found in older dogs. But it can also happen to the younger ones. It is natural to be scared and have doubts whether it is a tumor or a lump or is it cancer. As a dog owner, therefore, you must understand the different types of lumps, bumps and growths on the dogs so that you can consult with a reputed veterinarian without delay.
1. Understanding the lumps, bumps, and growths: The veterinary doctor would refer to an unknown lump as a tumor in a general manner. This term do not indicate the malignity or benignity of the tumor. These terms typically indicate that an abnormal growth of tissues has taken place inside the body which has a shape or is a mass. There is no reason to panic in case your vet says that there is a growth or something of similar significance.
2. Getting the right diagnosis of the lumps on dogs: The dog owners are most likely to notice growth on the dogs while taking it for routine grooming or while petting it. When there is a new growth or tumor on the dog, it is safer to consult with the veterinarian who can carry out a thorough checkup. He would discuss the medical history of the dog which may include daily lifestyle, diet, signs and symptoms of illness and then a physical examination will be performed. It is important to note here that sometimes, the growth may not be noticeable and this is the primary reason why taking it out to an experienced veterinarian is crucial. The expert would be able to find visible masses while carrying out a routine examination.
3. Testing the mass or lump on the dog’s body: When there is a lump or growth on the dog’s body, it is important to carry out some tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, radiographs revealing signs of metastasis and internal abnormalities, ultrasound, CT scan and certain advanced diagnostics.
In some cases when the lump can be easily accessed, the expert may recommend you to take your dog for a fine needle aspirate which is performed by inserting a small needle into the mass and drawing back the syringe. A little amount of tissue gets accumulated in the syringe which is then tested to determine the character of the lump. When the fine needle aspirate test is not effective, usually a biopsy is carried out under general anesthesia or mild sedation where it is cut out surgically or the entire mass is removed following surgical procedures.
I have a pet of breed german shepherd he is not able to excrete properly his diet is good wht shd i do?
Hello My Rabbit died yesterday for no Reason, He was OK till evening but suddenly at 6'o clock he couldn't stand he tried and failed I took him to vet doc, But my rabbit died in Vet Clinic before Checking He Tried to stand too hard and Breathing by month but He couldn't stand for a minute and in two hours he died Please I want to know Why he died?
Some doctor had told that she had pyometra. So what will be sign and symptoms? Is it curable or not?
I want to know the reason for the death of my dog Bread: Labrador Cross Sex: Bitch Age: 20-03-2004 (12.5 years) Symptoms. stuffy got blind 4 Months ago but it was health. Before 1 months it was very hungry and urinating a lot. And a tumour on the tail and became very thin. Before one day it was health. I fed it with curd Rice, Pedigree Senior and milk (mixed) in the evening and rice in the night. It vomited the pedigree milk with in an hour. Before the dinner. After dinner it vomited 4 times color yellow. And in the morning it around 5 it started shouting with pain and biting her tail. Her two back legs were no working. She was unable to get up She was shouting and biting the tail. Finally when all of them seen them it took rest and kept her tongue out. And was not giving any movement. tongue became all black. I want to know the reason what is a sudden cause for the vomiting and pain and death. Happened 22-08-16.
It is fairly easy to keep your dog’s teeth and gums healthy provided that you regularly take care of your pet and go for frequent health check-ups. Moreover, conducting regular checks at your home will also go a long way in identifying a problem in its nascent stage.
Here are five tips to ensure that your dog’s dental health remains perfect.
1) Prevent tooth decay - If your dog frequently consumes plaque-forming food products, it can lead to subsequent build up on its teeth and ultimately lead to certain problems such as tooth loss, gingivitis and receding gums. Ensure that you clean your dog’s teeth on a daily basis in order to avoid any form of tooth decay.
2) Check your dog’s breath - Although dog breath is usually not pleasant; if your dog smells unusually foul, you should get a check-up done. Moreover, observe if this foul breath is coupled with other issues such as vomiting, excessive urinating or sudden loss of appetite.
3) Encourage your dog to play with chew toys - Chew toys assist in providing stronger teeth to your pet, while giving a perfect massage for its gums. In addition, continuous chomping helps remove soft tartar and thus keeps teeth clean. Nylon, rubber and rawhide chew toys are the safest for your dog.
4) Identify signs of oral disease - A number of oral diseases can be prevented or controlled if they are diagnosed at an early stage. Major symptoms of almost all oral diseases are loose teeth, swollen gums, foul breath, excessive drooling, tumours in the gums and cysts under the tongue.
5) Carefully examine your dog’s teeth and gums - Healthy gums of a dog are indicated by the fact that they are pink in colour and have no signs of swelling. As for the teeth, they should not have any traces of tartar. Carry out this teeth and gum examination each week by lifting your dog’s lips and observing carefully.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.