Dr. Amit Chakrabarty is one of the most renowned and best neurosurgeons in Jaipur. In his medical journey of over years, he has treated numerous patients. He has a very rich academic profile. He completed his MBBS from Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore in 2000. He then completed the Master of Surgery Program in General Surgery from GR Medical College at Gwalior in 2004. After earning his advanced degree of MCh. in neurosurgery from SMS Medical College in Jaipur in 2008, he went abroad to study further. In 2012, he earned his fellowship in Cerebrovascular and Micro neurosurgery from the University of Helsinki in Finland.
Aside from having a strong academic pedigree, Dr. Chakrabarty has a vast experience in various national as well as international stints. He was briefly a Consultant Neurosurgeon at IGMH Male, Maldives before coming back to India and providing his services at a hospital in Kolkata. He is currently the senior consultant at EHCC –Eternal Hospital Jaipur. He also provides these services – Brainsuite Treatment, Brain Tumour Surgery, Cancer Pain Treatment, Cerebrovascular Treatment and Colitis Treatment.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Amit ChakrabartyYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. I came to know that I have been suffering with NMO spectrum disease. Can I be normal? Treatment continues from last two 3 months.
My father recently suffered a minor attack. He had suffered a paralytic attack around 5 months back. What is the recommended future course of action.
I'm 21 years old female. Im an epilepsy patient. I got 3-4seizures per month this was repeated for 2months. After consulting Dr, I started taking (diproex er 500) tablet. After that I didn't any seizures. I started taking drugs from the age of 9-21. Can I recover from this seizures without taking drugs? Can I get married with this problem? How can I prevent shivering in my hands, legs? My hands and legs always seem to be watery. What kind of food can I take?
I have been suffering from a symptoms like brain fog .I once consulted a doctor and he told me I had sinusitis later I did xray and it was alright. Can this happen by staring too much at phone?
Hello, I have a problem with shaking hands, especially when I'm with emotions or with people vibrate to much when not pay importance and I am alone, they doesn't shake, there is any cure?
Slip disk is a condition of the spinal column which consists of a stack of vertebras from the cervical, thoracic and the lumbar spine.The bones of the spine are cushioned by disks that are present to absorb shocks. Trauma to the spine may cause the disk to bulge or be ruptured. This may lead to pain in the neck and the back.
Causes of slip disk
Slip disk is caused when the jelly like substance present in the disks bulges out. The damaged disk thus puts pressure on the adjacent nerve causing excruciating pain. The various causes of a slipped disk are:
1. Incorrect form during exercise: If you are into weight lifting, it is important that you use proper form during exercising. Moves like barbell squat and deadlifts can put pressure on the spine and lead to disk problems, if not done correctly. Make sure you work on your core strength and keep your lower back straight while exercising.
2. Smoking: Smoking causes the disks to lose their flexibility and thus, increases the risk of slipped disk.
3. Ageing: Ageing decreases the content of water in the spine, thus leading to inflexibility.
The symptoms of slip disk are:
1. Pain on one side of the body that tends to aggravate over time
2. Activities such as sitting and coughing may lead to pressure on the spine causing pain
3. Your range of motion on certain movements may be restricted
4. Pain in the neck while moving it
5. Numbness in the shoulder and the neck region
6. You may experience tingling sensations in the genitals, hips and the legs
7. You may have muscles spasms which lead to sudden contraction of the muscles
8. It may also lead to partial paralysis of the lower body
1. If you are overweight, try to reduce weight and then focus on maintaining healthy weight levels
2. Maintain proper posture while sitting or standing
3. Exercise on a regular basis to build strength and keep your joints healthy
4. Don't remain in seated position for an extended period of time. Take small breaks in between to stretch