Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Syed Mumtaz Ali provides answers that are professional, caring and knowledgeable. Thank you sir for your valuable suggestion. I'll start the course and let you know the result. Thank you once again
Anyone in today's time can contract any type of disease, thus it is important that we ensure to take care of ourselves and that of our loved ones. Sex is one of the important elements in achieving a happy relationship between any couple. But, there are instances when a person lacks sex drive and it causes bitterness in the relationship. As far as a male is concerned, sexual arousal also called as erectile dysfunction is one of the major causes that affect the sexual relationship. But, you can remedy this situation by consulting your doctor.
The process of sexual arousal: The process of sexual arousal is a complicated procedure wherein the central nervous system plays a very dominant role. The arousal can happen because of visual simulation, smell and touch. In such a situation, the message is immediately transmitted to the central nervous system. Once the message is received at the central nervous system, certain chemicals get released from the nerve ending in the penis. Now, blood secretes into the erectile body of the penis, which in turn cause sexual arousal also called as erectile.
When one or more of the above processes is blocked or get disrupted it results in Erectile Dysfunction.
This issue can be further discussed as follows:
- In this busy world, many males suffer from the problem of Erectile Dysfunction. At the same time, there are several causes that affect the sexual arousal in the case of males. The causes could be classified as psychological and physiological. Some of the psychological problems are depression, anxiety, stress and problem with the relationship.
- As far as physiological problems are concerned, obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood pressure, obesity, sleep disorder, Hemochromatosis (high iron in the blood), Scleroderma (hardening of the skin), vascular diseases are some causes that affect Erectile Dysfunction. In addition to this, imbalance in the hormones either in Thyroid, testosterone or prolactin can also result in Erectile Dysfunction. This imbalance can be caused because of either overactive or underactive thyroid or other related glands.
Effects: Erectile Dysfunction can increase the level of anxiety and stress. It can affect the self-esteem of the individual. Unsatisfactory sex life can also cause bitterness between the couples.
Remedial measures: There are remedies to the problem of Erectile Dysfunction. Once you notice the problem, you should consult your doctor. There are several medicines that can help in reducing stress and anxiety. In fact, there are also several medicines to tackle issues like Hemochromatosis or Scleroderma. In addition to this, the doctor may also suggest a suitable diet and change in your lifestyle. The doctor may suggest exercises, Yoga or meditation that can help you deal with problems like obesity, blood pressure, stress and anxiety. The ideal approach would be to consult your physician at the earliest.
Although STDs are capable of affecting both genders, the impact on men and women is different. In women, this problem can cause long-term issues such as infertility in women. Although most STDs can be readily treated as soon as the symptoms surface, some cases might not throw up any symptom. Some of the curable STDs that can affect women are discussed below:
Gonorrhoea: This STD is caused by bacteria living in mucous membranes of the vagina, urethra, mouth, rectum and eyes and is capable of spreading through contact. The symptoms in women include excessive discharge from the vagina, abdominal cramps, pain in the pelvic region and bleeding from the vagina after sex.
Chlamydia: This STD is a result of a bacterial infection of ‘Chlamydia trachomatis’. Symptoms in females include burning sensation during urination, unusual vaginal discharge and bleeding between periods. Without treatment, the infection might spread to the urinary tract which could potentially cause PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease) which is capable of causing problems in pregnancy and even infertility.
Genital Herpes: Genital herpes is generally caused by the herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) or the herpes simplex virus-1 (HSV-1). The virus is commonly known to be the chief cause of cold sores. Symptoms may appear soon after infection and usually are severe. This includes blisters, which turn into raw and painful sores that scab and heal over time. This might be accompanied by swollen lymph nodes and fever.
Chancroid: This infection is caused by the bacterium ‘Haemophilus Ducreyi’. It occurs most commonly in the vulva (the female external genital organ that includes the clitoris, labia as well as the opening of the vagina). The condition starts out as a tender lump that appears during the incubation period after intercourse. The incubation period generally ranges between 3-10 days. The bump turns into an ulcer i.e. an open sore, due to the death of the cells. This is usually painful.
Syphilis: It is caused by the bacterium ‘Treponema pallidum’ and the disease mainly occurs if you have sexual intercourse without any protection, that too with multiple sexual partners. The other mode of infection is blood transfusion. Symptoms of Syphilis include appearance of ulcers around the genitals or the oral region known as a chancre, severe rashes around the hand or feet coupled with other symptoms of mild fever, headache, throat pain and immense fatigue.
According to recent study 20 to 30 percent of the males experience this disorder, wherein, they do not have any control over the ejaculation of the semen, such a situation is known as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation occurs because of increased sensitivity of the penis, might also be due to any psychological disturbance related to the act of sex. A man’s sexual act ends up or reaches climax with the ejaculation of the semen. Semen is a fluid that the reproductive gamete, spermatozoa. This spermatozoon passes the ejaculatory ducts and reaches the seminal vesicles. This seminal vesicles makes the 70 percent of the semen by producing a whitish fluid rich in proteolytic enzymes, phosphates, citric acid and lipids. Spermatozoa mixes with this fluid produced by the seminal vesicles and gets ready for ejaculation.
There are two phases in this ejaculation process emission phase and expulsion phase.
1. Emission phase: The spermatozoa and the seminal fluids travels through the reproductive structures and reaches the posterior urethra in this phase. This is also known as preparatory phase.
2. Expulsion phase: In this phase the contraction of the bladder neck causes the contraction of the urethra and rhythmic contraction of the external sphincters of the urethra which makes the semen to come out of the penis.
Most men ejaculate the semen two minutes after the penetration. If the ejaculation of semen occurs less than this time then it is called as premature ejaculation.
Few self help tips for male with premature ejaculation
Before trying or seeking help of a doctor you can practise few of these tips to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Masturbate one or two hours before attempting sex with your partner as this may increase the latency period during your actual sex with your partner.
- Use thick condoms to reduce the stimuli and increase the ejaculation period.
- Take deep breaths as this helps to withhold the ejaculation for a short period of time.
- Have sex with in some other positions like with your partner on the top and yourself below.
- Be conscious about the sensation or feel before ejaculation and come out of your partner and divert yourself with some sports or some of other favourite topics of you and your partner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir muja swapndosh ho rh h 3-4 din me hota rhta h maine hasthmhuthan b chod diya h or me sex karne se phele he dischage ho jta hu or sir muja docter ke pas jane me thodi sharm aa rhi h agr koi ilaag ho to please bta di jiya meri shadi ki bat chal rhi h me tal rh hu bar bar please help sir.
Masturbation is considered as a good way of pleasuring oneself and leading to a more qualitative sex life. Masturbation is a sexual activity that is at par with sexual intercourse that will create a basis for an improved sex life. This will ensure that the need for sex is one that is based on respect and love, rather than a mere bodily function.
Let us find out how it helps in having a better sex life:
- Awareness: Masturbating is also a great way to know more about your own sexual preferences and what you like in terms of sexual activities. This awareness helps in better understanding and channelling ones sexual appetite for even better gratification during intercourse.
- Staying healthy: Masturbating can help in releasing even more dopamine and oxytoxin, both of which have a favourable effect on your brain and mood. These hormones can also help in improving your immune system in the long run.
- Knowing your partner: Masturbating alone and with your partner can help in knowing your partner and his or her sexual preferences. This can help in pleasuring your partner in a better way which will further fortify the relationship.
Excessive masturbation is strongly recommended as it has its long-term side-effects:
- The use of sex toys and other accessories can further your satisfaction level. For instance, realistic vaginas can prove to be pretty handy in maximizing your sexual potency. Other credible sex toys are also available which are as helpful. Another effective technique of masturbating better is via porn or R-rated movies. By simultaneously watching movies while masturbating, your imagination gets fueled up with all kinds of sexual fantasies, providing you with more immediate satisfaction than usual.
- A change in position is also pretty effective in heightening your senses and providing a better feel whilst masturbating. Keeping your hand still and only moving your body is such a way. While doing this, you can masturbate while kneeling or standing or sitting or even swapping hands. The more the variety, the better. Moreover, interchanging positions in between has also been proved to be very effective.
Sometimes it is not just physical ailments that can cause harm to your performance in bed or your relation with your partner, but the way you stress yourself over them. Premature ejaculation happens when a man ejaculates sooner than required or planned, in the process of sexual activity and intercourse. It is basically a form of male sexual dysfunction that can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination where the doctor can also ask questions pertaining to stress levels and other medications and ailments. This usually happens within a minute or so of penetration.
Reasons for premature ejaculation:
- Biological Issues: There are a number of biological problems due to which men may also experience premature ejaculation and other related health issues. Abnormal hormonal levels and an imbalance in the state of one's hormones can lead to this condition. Also, there are instances where the neurotransmitters of the brain enjoy an abnormal level of activity, which can lead to an abnormal reflex reaction in the ejaculatory system of the patient. Nerve damage can also lead to this condition.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is one of the primary reasons for such physical problems that one experiences during sex. These patients may be suffering from anxiety due to their performance in bed, or they may be anxious about a new relationship or partner. This anxiety can lead to a state where the patient is not able to fully enjoy the act of intercourse and ends up ejaculating prematurely.
- Thyroid: Male patients suffering from thyroid problems have also reported instances where premature ejaculation becomes a problem. This condition can also be an inherited one. It is best to take a professional opinion and seek therapy for treatment.
- Relationship problems: Another issue that many male patients suffering from this condition face includes relationship problems. These problems can create trouble in the sex life of the patient due to which sex may not be happening on a frequent or regular basis. Due to this, the ejaculation may also suffer, leading to further stress.
How premature ejaculation can be dealt with?
- One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm.
- One can try different kinds of sexual positions and scenarios for more imaginative role play and better sexual excitement which can delay the ejaculation.
- A person can also learn to be more intimate with the partner so as to identify the triggers that lead to premature ejaculation.