Doctor in Jaipur Occupational Therapy College
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Jaipur Occupational Therapy CollegeYour feedback matters!
Restless leg syndrome is a condition where the nervous supply to the lower legs (and sometimes hands) is affected. The person has a constant urge to move the legs due to the tingly sensation or the pins and needles sensation and so this condition is called as restless legs syndrome (RLS). It is almost never a standalone condition and is often associated with other nervous system conditions.
It is a progressive condition and aggravates with time. The patient may experience episodes of this disease. Most people might experience this problem at night due to which a lot of patients complain of disturbed sleep and restlessness while sleeping.
While there is no permanent solution to this condition, there are various home remedies and techniques which can help control the condition. Read on to know more.
- Trigger agents: Some people are able to identify triggers like caffeine or chocolate which induce the condition. The first step would then be to avoid using these, especially before sleeping.
- Exercise: Any form of exercise, which gives a good workout for the leg muscles is recommended. This could range from a 30-minute brisk walk to stretches depending on the person’s overall health status. This is known to induce a good sleep, reduce muscle tension and relax the mood. Choose yoga, gym, cycling, or any form which suits your overall health and schedule.
- Massages:Hot or cold massages, often used alternately, can help in relaxing the muscles. This also helps in reducing tension and improving overall sleep. The ideal time for the massage is the evening so that RLS does not affect during nighttime.
- Diet: A diet rich in vitamins and minerals can prove to be helpful. This is because proper muscle and nerve function requires various minerals like zinc, potassium, calcium, sodium, etc. Diet rich in these helps in improving muscle and nerve function and thereby control RLS.
- Sleep pattern: Sound sleep practices like having an early dinner, a quiet room free of digital media, optimal temperature, and relaxing ambience helps in a better sleep. This has shown to reduce the incidence of RLS and evidence of sound sleep.
- Medications: RLS can also cause mild to moderate pain in the affected legs, and so pain killers can be used once in a while if the pain is not bearable. These should be used only rarely and continued use can lead to stomach ulcers and bleeding. The above mentioned nonmedical methods should be tried before trying medications. Anticonvulsants have been used to control RLS if pain killers alone are not adequate. In more severe cases, antiparkinson drugs are used with great success.
Panchakarma is an ayurvedic technique which is used to detoxify the body, boost the immune system and restore the balance in the body. Due to lack of exercise and a poor diet, the waste material generated by the body is not effectively discharged. This causes accumulation of toxins in the body that can result in diseases.
Panchakarma can be used to treat and heal the pain in the joints and the spine. There are specific treatments in panchakarma that targets these regions, they are:
1. Abhyanga - Abhyanga is a technique where warm oil is used to cover the entire body. The oil is then gently massaged so that it can penetrate the underlying tissues. It is used to lubricate the joints, muscle toning and to increase blood supply around nerve endings.
2. Pindasweda - In this technique hot cotton bags consisting of herbs, rice, and sand or medical powder are used to massage the body. This rejuvenating therapy induces perspiration in the body by which the herbs and the heat penetrates into the body. It is used to treat problems of the joints such as gout, arthritis, and sciatica.
3. Upanaha - A combination of herbal medicine is applied to the affected part and then covered with medicinal leaves. The herbs help in easing the muscles and tendons of the affected part. It relieves pain, reduces swellings and improves mobility in the joint.
4. Kati vista - In this treatment, medicated oil is pooled into a collar made from dough and then placed on the lower back for a specific amount of time. It strengthens the lower back, lubricates the spine and acts as a muscle pain reliever.
I don't have any injuries in my leg, but after walking for 15 minutes I feel disbalanced. Can't move right leg. What's the problem?
Today morning I just met with an small accident and my left foot is suffering pain and the size of foot is bit grown much more to the actual one. I think it is pain with blockage of air inside please suggest any quick pain relief medicine for same.
Hi doctor, I met with self RTA on 31 Aug 2018 at 10.20 pm: Got admitted in hospital that night in emergency ward. I had sustained injury on my left foot in contact with a stone. As per the diagnosis, I had deep wound on my left foot; loss of tissue and tendons were expose on 4th and 5th toe. Few x-rays were taken on the same day and I was asked to go for reconstructive plastic surgery. I had to go through debridement of wound, k - wiring of 4th and 5th toe and surgery as per the observation in operation theater. I underwent surgery and had Debridement and SSG and Right thigh STSG harvested on 1st of Sep and it is 1 and 1/2 month that my wound is healing. I am massaging left foot and right donor side thigh with virgin coconut oil 2 times a day. Along with that I am applying Contractubex ointment in both the areas 2 times. I am doing these both massage for 30 min each time 4 times in a day. Also using pressure garment on both the sides throughout the day. Please suggest if this is the treatment and if anything else needs to be done for graft to be fine.
I am suffering from severe pain from last 1 year ,because of having calcaneal spur in my both heels, I have been using Calcarea fluorica 6* ,3 times from last 2 months ,but my pain exist and after having the rest of 15-20 minutes my heels become stiffed. What should I do?
Respected Dr. sir, I have recently developed plantar fasciitis, pain is there in the heel while getting up in the morning or after sitting for some time and then getting up. So I think I should Take Rhus Tox, please tell me the dosage. Thanking You Chetan Mehta.
Physiotherapy is important for treating and preventing many musculoskeletal disorders as well as for the simple things like posture correction. Below is the list of top physiotherapists in Mumbai for an intensive and comprehensive care are:
BPTh/BPT, Bachelor In TCM, DTCM
Dr. Varun Shanbhag is a Physiotherapist with specialisation in treating neuro, sports and musculoskeletal. He has 5 years of experience and practices at Exercise Clinic, Mumbai. He has many international certification like MOTNS, Crossfit L1, Neurolinguistic programmer, sports nutritionist, Neurodevelopmental Therapy. He has also done advanced certifications in Kinesiology Taping, Dry Needling and Mulligan Therapy.
Consultation fees: ₹500
MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Dr. Pooja Mehta is founder of Dr.Pooja Mehta clinic. She has been part of Sports Physio for Maharashtra women's football team was associated with tennis team. She is certified in manual therapy, Dry Needing, Cupping, Trigger Point, Soft tissue release, MFR, Sports Taping, Kinesio Taping, Dynamic Taping.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Dimple Kapasi runs her own clinic- Dr Dimple Kapasi's Physiotherapy Clinic. She has an experience of 14 years in the field of physiotherapy in India and USA. In her career she has successfully treated people with all age groups from Children to old age. Her areas of expertise are orthopedic, neurology, surgery and pre/post natal conditions. She has conducted various workshops on hip and knee joint replacement in USA with team of orthopedic surgeons.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Kumar is a well known physiotherapist with 9 years of experience. He currently practices at Saachi. His clinic is known for using the best and latest technology in machines for treating any pain and bone related ailments. Areas of specialization are general, orthopedic, neurology, geriatric, sports injuries and joint pain.
Consultation fees: ₹400
MDT(Mc Kenzie) , P.G-Dietitian, N.D.T-( Neuro Development Technic )
Dr. Khan has an experience of 10 years as a physiotherapist. After his pos graduation he has done a specialisation inNutrition and dietetics. He is certified by neuro-ortho institute, Australia. He specialises as Neuromuscular Physiotherapist and is known to practice using advance techniques like dry needling for trigger point and movement enhancement. He also home visits in special cases or you can visit him at Millennium Scan Centre in Kurla Nursing Home, Mumbai
Consultation fees: ₹300
MPTh- Musculo Skeletal Conditions
Dr. Priti Mehendale is a renowned physiotherapist with 15 years of experience in Mumbai. She currently practices at Physiologix - Physical Therapy Centre By Priti Mehendale. She specialises in treating cervical & back pain, obesity, diabetes, PCOD and sport injuries .
Consultation fees: ₹700
Dr.Tapan Haresh Shah is consultant physiotherapist with 15 years of experience. He specializes in the field of musculoskeletal and sports. He is good at diagnosing foot problems and providing orthotic prescription. He currently practices at Beyond Movement, Mumbai.
Consultation fees: ₹1000
Dr. Deepa Verma has 13 years of experience and practices at Movement For life. She specializes in treatment of coccydynia or tailbone pain. Other than this she also has special interest in cases of post surgery, knee pain, sports, geriatric physical physiotherapy. She is a member of Indian Association of Physiotherapist & Indian Red Cross Society.
Consultation fees: ₹400
BPTh/BPT, Diploma in Acupuncture, MPTh/MPT - Sports & Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Dr. Sanjay Bakhshi is practicing from last 20 years and is currently working as a consultant and neurorehabilitation specialist at his own clinic- Dr Sanjay Bakhshi Physioline. He is pioneer in India for using Robotic Glove Gloreha therapy for the treatment of Paralysis in India. He has treated many cases of paralysis in India including some renowned film personalities like late Mr. Sunil Dutt.
Consultation fees: ₹1500
MPTh/MPT, MSC CVR, MANUAL THERAPIST
Dr. Vivek Kakkar is a famous physiotherapist who is practicing in Mumbai from last 15 years. in these fields. He currently runs his own clinic- Dr. Kakkar's Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Center in different parts of Mumbai. He is a certified manual therapist in spine and a member of Indian Association of Physiotherapist.
Consultation fees: ₹550-1000