Know how Healthy diet will help you to avoid obesity and cancer
My father is having problem with prostate enlargement, he's having problem while urinating because of that. So please tell remedies and proper treatment, we are worried.
A prostate operation involves the removal of a part of the prostate gland or sometimes the removal of the entire prostate gland. Such a surgery is a serious one and several recovery tips must be followed by a patient to ensure quick and successful healing.
Here are some important tips for recuperating from a prostate operation:
- After the surgery, you need to spend up to three days in the hospital for initial recovery. You might be given fluids, which go directly into your veins until you fully recover from anesthesia.
- After the operation, normal urination will be disrupted in the beginning, as the urethra stays swollen. Urinating gets a little difficult and uncomfortable for a few days after the removal of the catheter.
- You may feel fatigued and may feel under the weather for some weeks after a prostate operation. So you must take things easy for at least two months.
- Avoid lifting or moving heavy objects for some weeks following the surgery. Do not perform any exercise, which causes strain. You should ask your friends and family members to carry out chores for you.
- After becoming slightly stable you should start gentle exercises. Walking is an effective remedy, which helps in blood circulation and lowers the risk of getting blood clots in the legs.
- You should drink lots of water during the recovery stage. This will reduce the risk of getting a urinary tract infection and also help in clearing any trace of blood from your urine.
- For improving bladder control, you should perform several pelvic floor exercises.
- In case of any kind of pain, you can take over the counter painkillers to ease the pain.
- It will take you a time span of three to six weeks for total recovery after a prostate operation. You should consult your surgeon about the best time to return to normal daily activities.
- You can get back to work soon, but it depends on your nature of work. Office jobs are not much of a problem, but in case of physical labour, more time is needed before you can resume your duties.
- Activities such as driving can be started quite soon after initial recovery. However, it varies from person to person. Some people may get back to driving within two weeks while some may need a month.
- You have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after a prostate operation before getting back to sexual activities.
- In case you experience high fever, pain during urination or the inability to urinate, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- It takes a person several weeks to recover from a prostate operation completely. Initially, total rest is required. But eventually, he can return to normal activities and lead a healthy life.
Hello sir. Me and my wife just recently married .and we have some couple of romantic nights together. But now she is having blood clot in her nipples region. She is in real pain. please tell me a solution please. I'll be really glad.
I'm 32 yes female. My mom expired becoz of breast cancer. I had done excision in left breast for sebaceous cyst. Whether I want to know it will also leads to cancer. Also how to secure myself from that. I have one daughter 3 years old. Please suggests me.
My wife was treated for Breast Cancer 5 years back. She is fine except she has lymhodema in left arm. Is their any treatment for this problem? I have told by AIIMS that she has do certain regular exercise and in-addition she is using Compression sleeves and Machine also. Any further suggestion to keep under control?
I am 64 years old male .Underwent radical prostatectomy 10 years back. After a year had to undergo radiation .Was cancer free for 6 years then the PSA started rising and hence was put on Zolodex 10.8 .Remained free then again after 2 years was put again on Zolodex. During this period of hormonal therapy, the PSA again showed n upward trend and thus had to undergo External beam Radiotherapy again as there was PSMA Expressing aortocaval lymph node. What are the chances of the cancer appearing again in future? Would I die because of this?
I am having albuminuria since last year and also have enlarged prostate for which ailment I am having Veltam. 4 mg tablets morning and evening. Is there any chance of me getting prostate cancer. I am 76 years old person and suffering from osteoarthritis also. My creatinine level is 1.5. Please advise Thanks.
Regular medical checkups and tests can be very helpful in prevention of cancer and growth of malignant cells or tumours. With the increase in the rates of cervical cancer, gynaecological checkups are of utmost need. For effective cervical cancer prevention, Pap smear bears the maximum number of success rates.
Pap smear is a medical procedure that helps to detect cancer or signs of other cervical infections. The Pap smear test however cannot detect ovarian cell cancer or uterine cancer. It is known to detect changes only in the vaginal cells and cervical dysplasia. Cervical dysplasia refers to the growth of pre-cancerous cells.
How this test is conducted?
1. Pap smear is conducted when the woman is not menstruating.
2. An instrument called speculum is inserted into one’s vagina to be able to access the cervix more easily.
3. Pap smear involves the collection of sample cells from the outer cervix area.
4. Cervical brush is inserted into the speculum and the sample cells are collected.
5. Then, the samples are put on a glass slide for further evaluation.
6. The Pap smear procedure takes only a few minutes bu can prevent serious medical problems in the long run.
7. The Pap smear is not a painful procedure, though it may be slightly uncomfortable for a few minutes only.
Who can undergo Pap smear?
1. Women can undergo Pap smear procedures once they are of 21 years of age and are generally sexually active
2. Women can go for pap smears up to the age of 70
3. Pap smears should be conducted preferably every two or three years
4. Women aged 65 and above and who have had no abnormalities in the last three consecutive tests, may stop taking pap smears
5. Before undergoing the test, it is important to stop douching and using vaginal creams for at least 2 days.
6. If there has been a case of multiple and frequent change of sexual partners, then you must go for Pap smear frequently
7. Women with weak immune system and who bear the risk of HIV Aids
8. Women who are heavy smokers
My wife has a lump in her right breast since birth of our child and it feels no pain when it is touched. Also it seems no increase or decrease in size. What to do sir.
The lungs are amongst the hardest working organs in the body. They expand and contract upto 20 times a minute to supply oxygen which is distributed to tissues all across the body and expel carbon di oxide which is created through out the body. Cancer in the lungs is common and people who smoke are at the highest risk of contracting lung cancer. The risk of lung cancer increases with the duration of smoking period and the number of cigarettes smoked. The silver lining through is that if one quits this habit even after several years, one can significantly reduce the chances of developing lung cancer. A new cough persisting for many weeks, coughing blood even small amounts, shortness of breath, chest pain, wheezing, hoarseness, unexpected weight loss, bone pain and headache were some of the symptoms in advanced stage of the disease.
I am a seventeen year old girl. I have some kind of translucent secretion from my breasts. I have not found any kind of lump in both the breasts and it's not painful either. I was just wondering where the actual problem lies and how can I heal the condition?
The world's ancient healing system has won over the cutting edge traditional medicine for one reason i.e. they work. What's more, in view of this, they have been consolidated into the regular day to day existence of billions of individuals on the planet. Ayurveda in regards to the exceptionally advanced dis-ease of cancer and look at the ayurvedic treatment for cancer.
How Ayurveda Sees Cancer
In Ayurveda cancer is a disease that regularly includes every one of the three substantial humors (Pitta, Vata, Kapha), however, it normally begins with a transcendence of one. At one point when an individual's digestive fire or enzyme stores are low, permitting a development of toxic substances, this can make a domain for a cancer to develop. The cancer speaks to a negative life energy, something like a micro-organism, which has ended up set up in the body.
For Ayurvedic Treatment of Cancer
Changing your lifestyle to incorporate, more vegetables, live foods, and organic, grass-fed meats while, decreasing handled foods is a piece of it. Nowadays, more individuals are finding out about antiquated systems, for example, Ayurveda so as to give a general course of action to anticipating cancer.
A Natural Preventative Approach
- Foods which are brimming with life-constrain (prana) incorporate those which are fresh, whole, enzyme rich, sun-ripened, alkalizing and organic and are plant based.
- Maintain a strategic distance from refined flour items.
- Eat low glycemic foods that have low sugar content.
- Foods which have a superb rejuvenative capacity are: fresh foods, for example, child greens, sprouts, wild greens, and enzyme-rich foods.
- Eat dim green verdant vegetables, particularly foods that are in the cabbage family, for example, kale, collards, and so on.
- Sea vegetables and green growths have intense rejuvenative properties.
It's what you eat that considers well as what you keep away from:
Avoid hydrogenated fats, saturated animal fats, heated oils or fried foods. Build up the ability to listen to the signs your body is giving you. Your body is continually addressing you giving signs as to how balanced or imbalanced it may be. Do normal rejuvenation and purging practices, for example, liver and gall-bladder flushes, fasting, and so forth. Find your one of a kind body-mind constitution and utilize spices, herbs and foods as per your extraordinary individual needs. Exercise once a day. Have a program that incorporates stretching, aerobic exercise, strengthening, meditation and inhale work.
I am 25 year old. 1 week back I found small lump inside my right side breast and it s paining when I touch (press). Is this serious problem?
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.