Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jabalpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Urvashi SharmaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old female, m suffering with fever 100. 7f. My eyes became red and ful severe headache and body pains. What is solution for this?
I have red eyes. I also have painful eyes. I have almost 24, hrs painful eyes. When I take bath my eyes turn into red. My eyes remains sleepy day and night.
I have red eyes over 3days. What should I do now? Is there any serious symptoms of any diseases? When should I call the doctor? Tell me some precautions.
For 2 days I have not slept properly and I'm not even felling hungry as well as tired but my eyes are watering so please tell me what to do.
I am 20 year old boy who have a myopia for almost a year now. Whats the best thing I can do to improve my eye?
I have some problems in my eyes when I read any book at evening or night and I can't read well Whenever I try to read my eyes are paining.
Mu daughter has gray spots in her eyes from her birth. Is it ok or I should consult a doctor. The shots are in white part of the eye.
I have pain in my eyes, my eyes become red, pain in head and I can not see from long distance properly. Then what should I do?
I am 40 years and suddenly my eyes started blurring and after diagonise my eyes was drying please let me know the reason for eyes drying ?
Sir, I am suffering from sneezing and itching eyes. While travelling by bus or train it becomes more dangerous. Doctors say you have allergic problem form dust and changing climate. Please provide Permanent solution to get rid off from this situation. Whether is ayurveda or Homeopathy.
I am 20 old I have eye problem I was consulting doctor for last 10 months they given medicines but not getting normal there are its an allergy.
Hi I am 24 years Old. I Have Problem In My Eyes. There Is Swelling In my Eyes Every Time. Its Look Like That I Never wash My Eyes and Face. I Have Checked 6 times and My Eye site Is Perfect now I Have To Solve It Earlier. please Hlp.
My son can't see far things so I want to do I'll lenses surgery to remove his spectacles is it advisable to do and what are the advantage and disadvantage of lenses surgery.
My right eye vision is getting too much low please give. Me some important tips to improve my vision please.
Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness in people across the globe. It damages the optic nerve that carries sensory images from the retina to the brain. A faulty eye pressure is responsible for damaging the very delicate optic nerve fiber causing small blind spots in the retina. Unfortunately, for most patients this disease only gets diagnosed when the number of blind spots is on the higher side.
Types of Glaucoma
- Open angle: This is a type of Glaucoma which results from the blockage of the drainage angle of the eye resulting into an increased eye pressure.
- Angle closure: This is the kind of Glaucoma which results from the narrowing down of the drainage angle leading to complete blockage.
Target segment of Glaucoma
- Family history: Inheritance surely plays a role in case of Glaucoma too. If Glaucoma runs through families of an individual, there are higher chances of getting this disease. Although there is no hard and fast rule about it, the risks of inheriting this disease are on the higher side.
- Eye injury: If there is any history of previous eye injuries, the probability of the onset of Glaucoma cannot be turned down. Specially, if the injury is related to optic nerve, there are very high risks involved.
- Bilateral Oophorectomy: Dual Ovary removal before the age of 40 results in deficiency of estrogen resulting in Glaucoma. Although most surgeons warn their patients of the possible risk of these procedures, many surgeries such as these have resulted in patients losing eyesight in the form of Glaucoma.
- Patient with Diabetes: In case of acute diabetes, retina gets damaged and the eye starts producing new blood vessels on the iris resulting into an increased eye pressure. This condition often leads to Glaucoma due to blockage of fluid flow in the eye.
- Eye Conditions: Myopia, multiple surgeries to the eye, blunt trauma etc. can lead to Glaucoma. A patient who has undergone any kind of eye surgeries suffers from inflammation. However, major inflammation is often found twisting blood flow in the eye resulting into Glaucoma.
- If a patient is 40 or above: After a person reaches 40 years of age, a lot of diseases start cropping in to the body. Studies show that Glaucoma has a higher frequency in people who is more than the age of 40 or above.
- High eye pressure: A patient with an eye pressure of above 21 mm HG is also at a very high risk of getting glaucoma. For a normal person the IOP lies between 10 to 21 mm HG.
- Blood flow related disease: Diseases such as acute migraine, hypertension and low blood pressure which involves blood flow related problem often aggravate to glaucoma.
- Ethnic Background: Statistics show that people from Afro American, Hispanics, Asian and Caribbean background have greater chances of being affected by Glaucoma.