Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jabalpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Surendra Lal SahuYour feedback matters!
My eye get redness while I will work in hot weather and this lead to headache. What is the problem with eye .I have to take rest for some time after that I continue the job.
What's the possibility of weak eyesight if I use my smartphone most of the time I use my phone on regular basis for games and surfing social networking sites that's why I just wanna know and what's the best way to improve my eyesight since my sight are weak Thank you.
Dear doctor, I am 61 years. Retired. I am diabetic also since about 15 years. For few month now I feel especially when getting up some dust particle on the eyelashes and some times during day time also. Even though no pain or irritation in side the eyes I feel some irritating effect mentally due to this. Since childhood we have been using coconut oil for hairs and for preparation. Nothing has noticed so far. Kindly advise sir. Please bear with me if I am causing any inconvenience to you please with regards
I have red eye from 3 days now tell me what should I do for curing & repair my precious eye. Please tell me an advice.
My eye sight is very weak. I'm always feel weakness in my body, so what can be possible solution of its. Please tell me.
I have red eyes over 2 days and I have headache from 2days what should I do plzz give me answer fast plz.
How can we remove the eye bag and dark coloured portion below our eye without the use of any creams or make up. I mean how can we remove them naturally.
My left eye flickers or twitches very often. Particularly when I don't get proper sleep or when stressed. please suggest me solution for this?
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.