Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jabalpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Richa SharmaYour feedback matters!
Nmste sir I want a nice body fit please Tell me sir my eyes is red in every week so I help me please Give me advice hair is week please .
I want to know that. My eye side is weak what types of lenses are there. And what lenses will be better for me. As I am student and need tower specs for long time.
I have eye problem my will pain and from it water come and it will become red and water comes from it. I don't understand why it happen.
I am 22 years old man. I am worried with pain in eye. I use computer more because I am studying computer science. Sometime I cannot look monitor because I feel like the intensity of light is high. Now I cannot study well.
I have a problem with my eyes. After using mobile phone water comes from my eyes. Any instant treatment available for this problem.
I am 20 year old my eye power is -5 and increasing. How can I lessen the power? Is it okay if I get a femto second lasik operation at the age of 21?
My age is 22. I have 1.5 num. In both eyes. My profession is related to computer work. And I am also getting problem in night vision. Also, started using contact lens. Is this any problem with it. Is night blindness can be recover?
Till the age of 13, I am having White skin but after that my skin's become dark And also I am not playing so much in sunlight. My question is that how can I make my skin again white?
6 year old boy can normally eyesight in day but he can not see anything in night and dark. What can he do?
Hello sir, I am 20 years old. I have been suffering from less sleep during night time. My eyes become pain, feeling nervous and also got back pain during night times and on playing games and on heavy work. What should I do? What steps I have to take to reduce this sleeping defect.
I have eye sight _1 is it basic surgery really improve eye sight, and please tell me which food I take to improve my eyesight.
I am a 42 year old female. I am having problem of short sightedness from the past one year or so but the doctors I visited have not suggested glasses other than reading glasses. I am afraid that my problem will become worse in future. Please suggest.
My 70-old year mother having pain in her both eyes for the last 6 months. Please note that she had undergone cataract surgery in her both eyes 5 years ago. Please suggest what should I do?
I want to know about laser treatment my eyesight is -4.75 left and -5.00 right. My age is 18 years. Pls suggest me is that good or not?
Iam 21years old my eyes are some times red and when I going to sleep than will be full red of my eyes what is the problem? What can I do?
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"