Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Jalandhar and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeraj Mahajan
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj MahajanYour feedback matters!
Attention Deficit Disorder or ADD is a behavioral disorder that comprises impulsive behavior, inattentiveness and hyperactivity. This disorder tends to affect children more commonly, but the symptoms tend to disappear as one ages.
There are a number of symptoms for this disorder:
- Concentration problems: People affected by this disorder have problems in staying focused on routine tasks. You may have problems in listening to conversations, get distracted easily, overlook various important things and have trouble remembering various things.
- Being disorganized and forgetting things: You may exhibit symptoms such as having an extremely cluttered desk. You may also experience difficulties in completing projects and forgetting appointments. You may also lose track of time while doing important things.
- Emotional problems: Various emotional problems such as mood swings, hypersensitivity to criticism, problems in staying motivated and having low self-esteem are common signs of ADD. The disorder may also lead you to be extremely short tempered and be constantly frustrated.
- Hyperactivity: This symptom causes you to remain constantly agitated, unable to focus due to a racing mind, fidgeting constantly and talking excessively.
- Impulsivity: You will exhibit impulsive behavior such as not being able to exercise self-control, blurting out inappropriate comments and have certain addictive tendencies.
Attention Deficit Disorder can cause various problems in your life. Most of these are related to the following domains:
- Work related problems: You may constantly feel a sense of underachievement and will unable to meet your work responsibilities. You may be unable to meet deadlines, and face problems in filing paperwork.
- Relationship problems: This disorder takes a toll on your relationships such as it can create a rift between you and your family. They may feel that you are not sensitive to their concerns.
- Mental health problems: You may face various mental health problems such as drug abuse, anxiety, self-esteem issues and chronic stress.
Remedies for this disorder are:
- Get proper sleep: You should always aim to sleep for at least 6 hours every day. If you are well rested, then you will be more energetic and stress free.
- Regular exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis to keep yourself fit and healthy. It can also help you avoid problems such as obesity.
- Improve your relationships: You should schedule time for your loved ones and engage with them. It may contribute to your overall mental well-being.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My daughter is 12 yrs. Old and usko bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Bahut se shampoos try kia lekin bahut hi jyada dandruff hai. Abhi ketocon try kar raha hu lekin koi fayada nahi ho raha hai. Neem oil aur alpple cidar vinegar bhi use kia lekin koi fyada nahi hua. Usko rota hua dekh ke rona aa jaata hai. Please help.
Hi, I feel guilty of stopping my 15 years old sister from sending school as she has affair with a boy. Many times we warned her, bet her to be good but she is not obeying. Yesterday I found her testing him at midnight. So I told my mom not to let her to step out of home owing to our family respect. But this is her 10th std public exam. If she miss this she can't study further in her life. I don't know whether I did wrong or right. Kindly suggest me how to treat her. I couldn't share this to anyone as my family's dignity is important.
Preconception planning: Be prepared to give your baby the best from the start.
Hi. My baby is just 15 days old ans she got contact dermatitis on her face as well as on whole body. Can I use soframycin for this treatment as prescribed by a skin specialist?
Today morning his wife delivered a healthy baby boy weighing 3.5 Kgs but the concern is he is not crying. Should we worry on this please suggest.
My daughter is in 9 month old. Can I give non vegetarian food to her. Can you suggest healthy food items.
Do you know about a condition called cystic fibrosis that makes your baby’s skin taste very salty after birth? The condition changes over time, in which the body makes sweat and mucus, and also affects the digestive system and lung functioning. The condition generally occurs because of a flawed gene. This is a severe and life-threatening disease that affects different people in different ways.
The gene, called CTFR is present in all humans. It makes a protein that controls the amount of water and salt, which get moved in and out of your cells. In the case of cystic fibroids, the CTFR gene is broken. This happens when a person inherits two bad copies of this specific gene. One bad CFTR gene may cause your cells to make the wrong or imbalanced amount of water and salt. Because of this, your body becomes unable to get the supply of sufficient nutrients and oxygen that are lost through sweating.
There are several symptoms associated with cystic fibroids that include the following:
- It is likely for you to cough up thin mucus, along with shortness of breath, and wheezing.
- The development of polyps in your nose is indicated.
- Sinus infections, pneumonia, or bronchitis may occur.
- Your stool may be oily, bulky, and with a foul odor.
- Liver diseases and gallstones may develop later in life because of cystic fibroids.
There is no certain treatment for cystic fibroids. However, there are various treatment procedures that are used for providing relief to the symptoms of the condition. This allows an affected patient to breathe easily, feel better, and experience lesser stomach infections. You can opt for airway clearance technique that helps you with your breathing. The procedure involves the clearance of mucus from your lungs. This procedure is carried out in several ways and special devices may be used during the proceedings.
- Certain inhaled drugs like steroids, salt solutions, and antibiotics are used for thinning your mucus layers, and for clearing lung infections.
- If your pancreas do not work properly, you may be prescribed enzyme pills for the digestion of fats and protein, and for the absorption of more nutrients from the food you consume.
- You may also be prescribed vitamin A, D, and E supplements for getting these nutrients, which are not being absorbed by your intestine.
- You must consult a doctor on experiencing any symptom of cystic fibrosis in your baby. This will allow the condition to be diagnosed at an early stage, thereby preventing further worsening.
My 2 months old baby had a rash on neck region. The rashes have disappeared but there are white patches left. Will those disappear or are those something else. What can I do to get rid of white patches.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!