Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Jabalpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Atul Sharma
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Atul SharmaYour feedback matters!
Redness in eyes, itching and ropy discharge sometimes. Taking loteprednol eye drop from 1 month. What to do now? Problem is still present.
Sir for some time I have a prob the prob is that start pain in my head back side nd then it comes foreword nd my vision become blurry. I cannot be able To see properly this condition stay for a 20 30 min nd then after I become normal.
I'm working 8 hours in front of computer in a day. My eyes getting pain after coming to home. So what should I do ?
My eyes water when I read books? I am a long time reader. Dey usually don't but now all if sudden they have started to water? What should I do?
I wear spectacles, I have minus four in my left eye and minus three in my right eye, so can my eye get relief of minus power permanently? Or by what treatment I may not have to use spectacles any more in future?
Tears are frequently coming from my eyes. I am IT student so many of my studies are with computers. So I get irritation in eyes so please suggest me some eye tips to protect my eyes.
I'm getting like some vibration in my right ear at the same time right eye is blinking for few seconds. This is from last 10 to 15 days. Any ear drops for this issue. Please help.
I am 19 years old. N I have pain and itching in my eyes. What should I do so that I can get rid of it.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.