Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sangeeta
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. SangeetaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Sangeeta Malu to be very helpful, knowledgeable and well-reasoned. Good
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Sangeeta Malu to be sensible. Good
Dr. Sangeeta provides answers that are very helpful. Very suggestive
I was having pain in right side of back neck then it shifted to right side of upper back. The reason is not yet much cleared by 3-4 doctors. Some says that I have a fused vertebra and an extra rib. Nd some says that I have only fused vertebra on the lower part of neck. But one discovered that I am suffering from scoliosis because of that fused neck. He even touched me from back nd recognise that it is definitely scoliosis. Nd has advised me not to raise heavy weights nd that I should use very small pillows. He has asked me not to go to gym nor to do push ups or any other thing. I have a very lean body that I am ashamed of. I don't feel good of my body. Thats why I want to ask you all that what should I do now. Can I do push-ups daily or not? Can I go to gym nd pick weights of 5-7 kgs. How can I build muscles. I am 18 years old with height of 5.7 ft nd weight just 47 kgs. Kindly help me out. I really meed your help. Thank you.
Hi, First delivery of my wife was discourage during 8th month. Both of her kidney was infected Acutely. Now after 2 years her weight is 79 kg. She want to reduce her weight. Please suggest something for weight loss.
I am a 31 year old lady, 5.3 height and 106 kg weight. I am suffering from PCOD, enlarged liver and spleen. My hemoglobin is 7.9. Can you suggest a proper diet chart and a proper workout regime to reduce my weight.
Being over weight is a very common health problem. Although most people confuse weight with appearance, it is important to clear certain points. The way a person looks has nothing to do with weight; it all rests upon self confidence and self respect. However, weight can have major impact on the health of individuals.
A number of serious issues like diabetes, high blood pressure, gynaecological disorders tend to develop, which make lives nothing, but difficult. Given that we have a single life, why not enjoy the world without facing health issues. Here are some tips that could help individuals lose weight fast.
- Eating food items that would speed up the fat burning process can be a great beginning. Beans, walnuts, apples, spices, oats, ginger, green tea are certain food products, which help in increasing metabolism, thereby, helping in breaking down the food into energy faster, without much sugar storage (which could change into fats eventually).
- Weight loss without exercise would be a slow process and might at times even be ineffective. Running, cycling, boot camping, zumba and body combats are certain ways that help lose weight faster. Also cardio is an important part of exercise that enormously helps in weight loss. Jogging, swimming, circuit training, cross-trainer etc. are certain examples of cardio exercises.
- Another great method for losing weight sooner is weight training. This not only helps in losing weight efficiently, but also helps in staying fit over the years. With proper weight training, the muscles can be made stronger, thereby improving metabolism because muscles help burn calories very efficiently.
- One major mistake people make in the spur of losing weight is cutting off meals. That is the worst one could do as not only does it not help in weight loss, but also at times causes just the reverse. It is important to have small yet frequent meals throughout the day.
- A proper sleep cycle is absolutely necessary for losing weight. Improper sleep would make us tired and prevent us from working efficiently and also indirectly cause our body to crave for sugar.
- Eating a proper, healthy and full breakfast that would include high fibre and protein would make individuals have a lot of energy throughout the day and also help avoid unnecessary munching.
- Walking everyday is a great way to lose weight. Walking for 30 minutes every day prevents gaining weight, however, walking 45 minutes promotes weight loss.
- Eating fruits vegetables and avoiding complex carbs is another advice for losing weight faster. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Eating healthy food item like fruits, green leafy vegetables, salad etc. We have always been hearing this from our elders about how a healthy body is key to a healthy mind. Trying to define health in a sentence is possible, but not justifiable because it is an umbrella term for a lot of aspects of our life. Being healthy is that state of our existence where we are happy, content and at the epitome of our fitness. Life is too short to fret over things that make us unhappy, so taking decisions that would make us content mentally and physically is the first step to attaining a healthy lifestyle. Now, one could easily start a debate here stating how eating unhealthy food or indulging in unhealthy habits also make people happy. Yes, they do, but that is a momentary gratification and with one single life, it is essential to think long-term.
This article will have certain tips that could help an individual fall right on track if he/she wants to jumpstart their healthy lifestyle.
- Eating healthy food items, should not feel or look like restriction. It should be a mentality, a lifestyle rather than being a meaningless difficult regimen.
- In order to avoid unhealthy snacking, it would be a good idea to keep those kinds of food away from the visual arena.
- It is not necessary to entirely cut off the love for sweets. It would be great to eat strategic sweets like dark chocolate to fulfil the cravings and not feel guilty about it.
- Carrying homemade lunch is a very good idea to keep oneself away from unhealthy restaurant food. The best part about this is that a lot of money is saved.
- Proper strategies can definitely get us going. For example, the veggies we eat do not necessarily need to be tasteless. In fact, adding some spices or sauces (made from vinaigrette and different seasonings) can not only make the food taste great, but also help bring out the innovations inside us.
- One great way we can keep ourselves motivated is by talking about the dietary plans and goals with a friend and discussing the major healthy lifestyle changes that have already been taken care of.
- Keeping a journal about the progress and also rewarding oneself on reaching small goals are amazing ways to keep going.
There are numerous tips for a healthy lifestyle, but one important advice is to avoid alcohol and also other addictive substances like nicotine (which means smoking cigarettes). If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am putting on weight n my stamina is very poor. I am thyroid patient since 2000 n my hysterectomy was dine in 2015. Loosing lot if hairs also. Please advise.
Health is much more than the absence of disease. It is a positive quality, emphasizing intellectual, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Optimum nutrition, providing all nutrients in both kind and in right amount, is the cornerstone of good health and the cutting edge of prevention. The foods we eat, and the nutrients they should provide, are the most important continuing environmental factors influencing our growth, development, functional abilities, and health. How we structure our lifestyles, with proper nutrition, health habit discipline, and exercise programming, have a great influence on our personal health, and help us reduce our current medical care expenditures.
- Cardiovascular Diseases: Cardiovascular diseases, the major killers worldwide, are to a great extent due to unbalanced diets and physical inactivity. The increasing pollution and unhealthy eating habits, put you at a risk of developing heart diseases and strokes. By consuming less trans-fats, saturated fats, salt and alcohol, you can stabilize your blood pressure which causes heart attacks. Add more of green leafy vegetables and lean protein to your meals to make them healthy and nutritious.
- Osteoporosis: A person with a deficiency of calcium suffers from osteoporosis which makes your bones brittle and prone to cracking and breakage. However, by adding more dairy products which are rich in calcium, you will be able to keep this condition at bay. By eating foods rich in Vitamin D such as fatty fishes, cheese, mushrooms and tofu, you can ensure strong bones which aren’t prone to breakage.
- Diabetes: Because the insulin production is low in diabetic patients, they are already advised to avoid sugary foods. However, a diabetic patient can add certain food items to the diet which can help him/her lead a healthy life. Foods such as Neem juice, pulses, high fibre vegetables, fruits, milk and whole grains can help a person with Type 2 diabetes live a healthier life.
- Constipation: To prevent constipation it is important to include foods in your diet that are high in fibre. Wholegrain cereals, wholemeal bread, fruit, dried fruit, dried peas, beans and lentils are excellent sources of fibre. Fibre and water work well together so make sure you consume enough fluids throughout the day to help prevent and alleviate constipation.
- Acidity: Eating too much animal protein causes sulfuric acid to build up in the blood as amino acids are broken down. Eat plant foods to neutralize an acidic pH. Vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and beans or fruits such as raisins, bananas and apples are appropriate choices for neutralizing body pH.
- Renal Disease: A renal failure diet controls the amount of protein and phosphorus in your diet. You may also have to limit calcium, sodium, and potassium. A renal failure diet can help decrease the amount of waste made by your body, which can help your kidneys work better. It may also help to delay total renal failure. Your diet may change over time as your health condition changes.
Physical inactivity is already a major global health risk and is prevalent in the modern world, particularly among the urban poor in crowded mega-cities. Healthy diets and physical activity are key to good nutrition and necessary for a long and healthy life. Eating nutrient dense foods and balancing energy intake with the necessary physical activity to maintain a healthy weight is essential at all stages of life. Unbalanced consumption of foods high in energy (sugar, starch and/or fat) and low in essential nutrients contributes to energy excess, overweight and obesity. The amount of the energy consumed in relation to physical activity and the quality of food are key determinants of nutrition-related chronic disease.
However, this is just a basic concept of nutrition in aforementioned diseases. It is always recommended to consult an expert nutritionist or dietician to know the right diet for your disease. It will be according to your health, height, weight and the severity of the disease. Every individual's nutrition requirement is different. The nutritionist will recommend a diet plan that will help you maintain the level of severity of the disease you are suffering from. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.