Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shankar Lal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar LalYour feedback matters!
Hi madam or sir my three and half month girl baby is refusing and cry while bring my breast nipple near mouth since 2, 3 week (she is not suffering any medical problems) give me solution to my problem and she drink will while sleeping. How many time I should feed my three and half months baby per day per how many hours I should feed. What is normal weight of three and half months baby girl.
My sister daughter 4 months old baby has been diagnosed to have klebsiella infection in urine. She has white discharge while urinating for nearly more than a month. Her doctor ordered for usg showed as debris in urinary bladder. Urine culture shows klebsiella but no bacterial growth in blood. Dr. advised to get admitted in hospital as bacterial loading is more. She don't have any symptoms of fever, chills, vomiting and very active. Is her disease dangerous, I need assistance from paediatric urologist please.
Swine flu effected and mylieties effect for a 5 year old boy. Due to breathing problem, ventilator Arranged. How to control breathing problem?
1. Sinus and Homeopathic cure: Sinusitis is the inflammation or infection of one or more of the sinuses. It can be caused by a virus, bacteria, fungus, allergies or excessive nose blowing and results in the blockage of the sinus opening. Sinusitis can be acute (lasting 4 or lesser weeks), subacute (lasting 4 to 8 weeks), chronic (lasting beyond 8 weeks) and recurring (several attacks in a year).
There are different remedies available to treat the different symptoms of sinusitis, which work together to completely cure it by boosting the body's immune system without having any side effects.
Homeopathy for Nasal Polyps: Soft growths arising from the mucous membrane of the nose or paranasal sinus are referred to as nasal polyps and causes acute sinusitis. The most common treatment option suggested by a conventional system in nasal polyps is surgical removal. In most cases, nasal polyps reappear after surgery. However, surgery is a temporary fix since it does not address the body's tendency to form polyps. Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a permanent solution by treating the root cause.
Following six homeopathic medicines are usually recommended for nasal polyps - Lemna Minor, Sanguinaria Can, Calcarea Carb, Kali Bichrome, Teucrium, and Phosphorus.
2. Migraine and Homeopathic cure: A migraine is a headache that causes a distinct pulsating pain, usually in one side of the head. It is different from normal headaches in the sense that the pain is much more intense and it may be accompanied by nausea or vomiting as well.
Some of the common and known causes, which may trigger migraines in people are:
Dehydration is known to trigger migraines: Patients with hypoglycemia may also face migraines if the blood sugar level drops within their body. Change in air pressure due to change in altitude may also cause migraine. - Lack of sleep - Stress
Remedies for Migraine in Homeopathy:
- Glonoine: For people who frequently have migraines due to congestion of the sinuses, this medicine has been known to be very effective.
- Spigelia: To treat migraines in the left side of the head.
- Natrum Mur: This provides great relief from migraines, which may have been caused by stress. Also, if a proper dosage is taken, it can help cure it as well.
- Belladonna: This had been known to be a great provider of relief for people who regularly face throbbing headaches.
Hello doctor, My daughter is 3 years old and yesterday I got some reasons what could be symptoms of autism. 1) she does not have eye contact except her parents with other people, 2) does not want to play with other children 3) enjoying to watch TV and phone when she watching in phone she does not want to give it back 4) become very stubborn and feel irritated and started crying to get any thing 5) speak everything even the Hindi mantra also but sometime the speech is not so clear 6) sometimes live in her own world in school Are all these symptoms of autism and the therapy could help my child to be normal as other children. And can my child also study in regular schools. Thank you.
My 1years 2months baby had febrile seizure last month for first time and I have got some solution from doctors through Lybrate. Thanks for all of them. Now my query is that, is it not possible to restrict febrile seizure permanently, that it should not attack the baby in future. And also suggest me either any chances of this disorder will appear due cold or caught.
My baby is 10 week old. I have given 1st dose of pentavac along with IPV at 6 week. Now 2nd dose of Pentavac is due. Can I switch to Pentaxim? As suggested by My pediatrician.
What is congenital hypothyroidism?
Newborn babies who are unable to make enough thyroid hormone have congenital hypothyroidism, meaning they are born with an underactive or absent thyroid gland. If the condition is not found and treated, children can have mental retardation and growth failure. But the good news is that early diagnosis and proper treatment can prevent these problems. In most cases, the condition is permanent and your child will need lifelong treatment.
What causes congenital hypothyroidism?
The most common causes are
- An underdeveloped thyroid gland
- A thyroid gland that’s not located where it should be (in the neck below the voice box or larynx)
- A missing thyroid gland
Other possible causes include
- Defective production of thyroid hormone (an inherited condition)
- Problems with the pituitary gland (located at the base of the brain), which tells the thyroid to make thyroid hormone
- Less commonly, a mother’s thyroid disease or medicines taken during pregnancy can cause congenital hypothyroidism.
What are the signs and symptoms of congenital hypothyroidism?
Many babies with congenital hypothyroidism appear normal at birth or for several months after birth. But others may have these signs and symptoms:
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin and eyes)
- Poor muscle tone
- A hoarse cry
- They might also have
- Feeding problems
- A thick, large tongue
- A puffy-looking face
- A swollen abdomen, sometimes with “outpouching” of the belly button
- Large soft spots of the skull
Thyroid hormone deficiency can also occur in older babies or young children, even if test results at birth were normal.
Early diagnosis is very important. Most of the effects of hypothyroidism are easy to reverse. For this reason, doctors always ask to get screening for hypothyroidism of your newborn.
Thyroxine is usually given to treat hypothyroidism. Once the child starts taking this medicine, blood tests are regularly done to make sure thyroid hormone levels are in a normal range.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- You feel your infant shows signs or symptoms of hypothyroidism
- You are pregnant and have been exposed to antithyroid drugs or procedures
If a pregnant woman takes radioactive iodine for thyroid cancer, the thyroid gland may be destroyed in the developing fetus. Infants whose mothers have taken such medicines should be observed carefully after birth for signs of hypothyroidism. Also, pregnant women should not avoid iodine-supplemented salt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.