Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar LalYour feedback matters!
Hello gynecologist mam, I just want to know for new born baby when we can identified like whom. She looks like exactly? Now she s looks like my husband 20 days completes. For her.
-does not responds to sound by making sounds, or by looking at the speaker.
- isn't using gestures, such as bye-bye & does not stops activity in response to'no.
- does not point to five body parts and has trouble imitating tow word sentences
- does not follow a serious two simple but related commands.
- about three quaters of the child's speech at 3 years and by 4 years old, a child should mostly be understood even by people who don't know the child.
If your answer is" yes, consult a speech language pathologist
My daughter is becoming arrogant, feeling insecure about me, and very much talkative & naughty. How to control her. Please advise.
In which month baby can turn on his tummy or we should do this for sometime? And how much time he can be on his tummy?
My daughter 1 years old is having night time sleeping problem, after 2 or 3 hours of sleeping she'l woke up and fuss around trying to get back to sleep even after I breastfed her, she can't easily sleep again (take lots of time to go back to sleep. This happens on and on till morning these days. Please help.
My baby is 7 months and his eye is becoming red no idea what happened black portion seems bit whitish from one end Kindly suggest cure Weeping as well no having least diet.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!!
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can't keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Hello Doctors Our baby is 115 days old today, she had her third vaccination yesterday at 11 am, after vaccination she had fever and we gave her CALPOL two times till now, she is having mild fever now and passing stool eight times per day which is more than usual she used to do. Also she is not taking feeding and sometimes she vomits. Please advice if it is matter of any concern as mild fever is also not going away. Thanking you Regards
Hi mam my son is 1 years 6 months old. But he is not eating food well. please suggest me some recipes that baby could enjoy and eat.
My grand daughter is 4 & half months old. Her birth weight was 1.680 kgs only. Now she weighs 5.500 kgs. She is not being breast feed, & is presently on nanpro 1. She is having problem of mood irritation & shows fear signs from generally medium to light sounds. It looks like she is having problems of the extreme climatic conditions with mercury rising above 42 degree. Can we start giving her ro water, in addition to powdered milk. Kindly also suggest other remedies.
My grand son 3 months baby based on mother's breast feed and milk is not sufficient. Almost in exhausting stage Please suggest to come out of this problem and to feed the baby with sufficient milk. Also suggest the best bottle feeder to suit to the little mouth of baby to drink the milk through bottle feeder
Your baby's skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. A healthy skin also has aesthetic benefits apart from being disease resistant.
It takes about a year for the epidermis of a baby to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems.
Here are four common skin problems found in almost every infant:
- Prickly heat rashes: Prickly heat rashes are the rashes, which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
- Seborrhea: Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, consult a dermatologist.
- Eczema: About 20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a paediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.
- Diaper rash: Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.