Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shankar LalYour feedback matters!
My Son 4.5 years old how to get rid of his bedwetting problem. Please suggest how to stop bed wetting. Is it dangerous if not cured?
I'm drinking lemon and honey in hot water every morning, will that affect my babies weight during breast feed? can I drink green? how can I lose weight during breast feeding without diet?
Choosing homeopathy to cure bronchitis
Bronchitis is a respiratory disease where people cough up thick mucus. Bronchitis can either be acute or chronic, with the most common cause of bronchitis being either viral or bacterial infection. Acute bronchitis improves within a few days with proper medications. On the other hand, chronic bronchitis is a serious condition causing constant irritation in the linings of bronchial tubes. The most commonly visible signs of bronchitis are a cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, chest discomfort and slight fever and chills. Exposure to excessive pollutants and smoking can cause chronic bronchitis.
How homeopathy can help you in treating bronchitis
Bronchitis can be treated with the help of homeopathy, which can be instrumental in providing relief, thereby improving your quality of life. In fact, homeopathy can be your best option for treating both the forms of bronchitis, as it offers significant relief from the symptoms as well as helps in improving your health in totality.
In the case of acute bronchitis, homeopathy can shorten the duration of the illness to a great extent. When a patient is on the homeopathic treatment he/she experiences a marked reduction in toxicity as well. For the management of an acute attack of bronchitis, the prescribed homeopathic medicines may have to be taken at shorter intervals, after every few hours.
Chronic bronchitis, though contagious, can be treated by homeopathy as well. The symptoms of chronic bronchitis can be significantly improved by homeopathic remedies. It can even aid the patient in quitting smoking.
The most important aspect of homeopathy treatment in the management of bronchitis is that the medicine works very fast and does not leave you weak and drained at the end of the infection. Homeopathic treatment can also help to prevent complications such as pneumonia, respiratory failure, right sided heart failure (the one that affects the right side of your heart), emphysema, etc.
Homeopathic medicines come without any side effects and are non-addictive. Also, there is no problem in administering the medicines to any patient irrespective of age; therefore, it's a safer choice to opt for homeopathy for the treatment of bronchitis.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'consult'.
I am 15 years old boy. Cough and cold reoccurs again and again especially if weather is cold or changing please recommend remedy.
Hi doc, my baby is 4 months old, can I give semi solid foods for her. I am worried that milk is not filling her up. As soon as she passes her loo she needs to be fed. Kindly help.
My son born on April 1 2016. Now I am preferring lactogen for feeding. My question is -when to take solid food for my son and what to give. Please send some foods, fruits, vegetables, non vegetarians. After completing 6 month what milk can I prefer?
My 5.5 month old has been passing green thick smelly stool since we started him on top feed - banana, dal water, rice paste, wheat paste etc. Is this normal? There is no apparent discomfort he is suffering from.
My son is 4 year old and many time he is suffering blood from nose. Last night my son suffering blood from nose around 4 a. M around 15 drops of blood so after some time stop blood after he lay down straight. But in morning around 8 a. M again blood come from nose. Please explain what is the reason and solution for it.
I have baby boy. I am planning to 3 years for next baby. So what are the ways I follow. What is the best way you are suggested.
Hello doctor, From last one year I'm suffering from a kind of infection. Every time I use to itch at the infected place &at the infected place skin became black & it spreading to other place. I'm feeding mother if I use medicine can my baby get any kind of health problem due to feeding If no problem for baby means what you kind of medicine I can use.
My daughter is 5 yrs, but dsnt eat any vegetable. Only tks daal n curd with paratha. She has a weak immune n alys suffer from cold n complains too about having pain in legs n hands. Please suggest what to do.
Last week my son had his 18 month vaccination. But he still has lump on that area and also had a pain. What should I do for this?
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.
Hi my daughter is 1 and half month old. someday she is not sleeping from 8-10 hours continuously. For example today she is awake from 3: 45 pm and its 12: 40 am now but t she steel not sleeping. Please give suggestions I am so afraid about this.
1. After 1st sitting is completed, temporary filling is given so be gentle in chewing from that side whithin that tooth as it is quite brittle.
2. You may eat when numbness worn off.(1.5-2 hrs)
3. After 1st sitting, you might face problem of ulceration, than you would be prescribed with reliving gel, apply it with cotton applicator tip.(you can use ear bud)
4. If your tooth was in pain prior to treatment, it may take few days for tooth to heal pain to be relived.
5. If your tooth was not in pain prior to treatment, your tooth may be quite sore for a few days after appointment, this soreness/pain will relieved with time, it may take as much as seven-ten days.
6. Take medicine on time complete the course, if you stop taking it your tooth may become infected.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated? What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems? What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
Sir, meri beti 11 saal ki hai uska weight 26 kg hai morning breakfast nahi kar pati hai early morning school ke karan lekin 24 hours me she takes only two chapati or one small ball of rice or dalia only please give me a proper diet. Chart for her.
For the growth and development of children, they need an essential nutrient Iron. It helps in the transfer of oxygen from lungs to the body's tissues. Red blood cells contain iron in the hemoglobin. The hemoglobin carries oxygen in the blood to the different parts of the body. Iron has an important role to play in the development of brain and generating energy in a child's body. The lack of sufficient iron in the child's body can lead to anemia, which is a nutritional deficient illness and will require medical attention. When a child suffers from anemia, the lack of oxygen makes a child weak and sick.
There are certain symptoms of Iron deficiency in a child's body. These are:
- Infections and weak immune system can make a child suffer from frequent infections.
- Lethargy and fatigue is another common symptom of an iron deficient body. Due to deficiency of Iron it is difficult for the body to transport oxygen to cells in the body and hence it unable to generate enough energy levels.
- Breathlessness and increased sweating can be a sign that your child may be suffering from iron deficiency.
- Pica Children suffering from iron deficiency may find a special taste for non-food substances like chalk, dirt and clay.
- Lack of iron in the body hampers the physical growth of a child.
The deficiency of iron in children can be diagnosed through blood tests. Your doctor may recommend supplementing iron content orally or through multivitamin medicines. But the deficiency of Iron in a child's body should be taken care of with absolute urgency.
Proper steps should be taken to prevent the deficiency of Iron in children. Those notable precautions are mentioned below:
- Balanced diet: A well balanced diet is always recommended. For older children (within 9-12 years of age), red meat, chicken and fish would suffice as good sources of iron.
- Oral iron supplements: Oral iron supplements would be required for children with low weight at birth and who have a deficiency of iron in their daily diet.
- Vitamin C: Foods such as strawberries, tomatoes and potatoes help in providing the sufficient iron content when included in daily diets, thus reducing the chances of anemia.