Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shailendra Bhandari
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailendra BhandariYour feedback matters!
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
I am 20 year old and had a surgery in my front two teeth on 1 of November and have stitches on still up there. And as I m living in Australia. I am unable to afford stich removal for the teeth. So what should I do to remove it or get a relief from it. Is it dangerous to have the stitches for too long time. And even is it possible that stitches can cause infection.
I have swelling on my right side gums (right upper side). Pls suggest me some good medicine to come out of this. I do not have BP and sugar.
While there are people who care too much for their hair and skin, they do not realize that the most important aspect of beauty lies elsewhere. Ask any artist and the most beautiful thing, according to most of them, would be a good, warm, heartfelt smile. It connects two people as nothing else can.
And if anybody has had a bad time, a warm, genuine smile is the best curve that sets a lot of things straight.
Given its artistic, emotional, and cosmetic value, there are people who have defined how the perfect smile should be and how to achieve that. Some of the aspects leading to a good smile are:
- Shape of the teeth
- Size of the teeth
- Contour of the jaws
- Angle formed by the lips when they open up during a smile
- Proportion between width of the eyes
- Distance between the eyes
- Width of the mouth
Not all of these can be modified, but there are small changes, which can be made, thereby improving your smile significantly.
Dentists and dental lab technicians who create and form artificial teeth realized this. One such person, Mr. Christian Coachman, a ceramician, developed this concept of digitally designing a smile to ensure it produces the best results. He was involved in making ceramic crowns and chanced upon this idea. It involves the following:
- A series of digital images (photos and videos) of the patient are taken.
- They are transferred to the computer and the abovementioned features are analyzed.
- Features like the angle of the mouth, the size of the teeth, etc. are manipulated to see what would produce a good smile.
- A smile with better dimensions is created.
- A second opinion is sought from multiple other cosmetic dentists (a badly designed smile can be catastrophic!!).
- These inputs are incorporated and a smile is then digitally produced.
- The patient is shown these images and changes (if any) are made.
- The smile is reconstructed and a trial is conducted.
- Final processing is then done.
This multidisciplinary team approach produces very good results and the benefits include the following:
- Trials can be done before finalizing on a smile.
- Patients have the liberty to alter and choose a smile that suits their face.
- It improves the cosmetic value of a person.
- It improves feelings of self-esteem and confidence.
- No special equipment is required as it is mostly done with whatever equipment is already available in the dental office, except for a good camera.
Given its major impact on both the beauty and the psychological aspects, DSD is gaining more popularity and is being sought by patients, who feel they can smile right!!