Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Indore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajendraYour feedback matters!
Hi I had total thyroidectomy due to Thyroid cancer Parathyroids were preserved, currently taking Eltroxin 200 mcg and calcium and vitamin D3 supplement of 2000 mg per day. Can I consume soaked chia seed with lemon water in water after an hour of taking Eltroxin? Does this recepie interfere with Eltroxin? And calcium supplement?
What is the treatment for various tumors in body? Why they are coming for all ages groups? Any responses.
Hi, My aunt is detected with breast cancer. She was panic. Can I know the process of treatment. Please suggest her the diet.
The problem of an enlarged prostate or benign prostate hyperplasia is a very common occurrence as you grow older. It's known to strike men above the age of 50, with more than 50% of men after the age of 60, having this complaint.
Causes of enlarged prostate
A non-cancerous condition, enlarged prostate makes the passing of urine from the bladder through the urethra difficult. The multiplication of the prostate cells causes an enlargement of the gland, leading to a buildup of pressure on the urethra, affecting the discharge of urine from the body. The narrowing of the urethra, due to this benign condition, forces the bladder to contract more vigorously so as to push urine out of the body.
As time passes, the muscles of the bladder get significantly affected, causing them to become extremely sensitive, thicker and stronger. As a consequence, the bladder begins to contract, even if the amount of urine in the organ is negligible, causing episodes of frequent urination. Gradually, the bladder fails to completely empty itself of urine due to the constriction of the urethra. This can give rise to a number of health problems including the formation of bladder stones, urinary tract infections, blood in the urine and so on.
How can you identify the signs of the condition?
Signs of enlarged prostate are very easy to identify and include:
- A slow or weak urine flow
- Difficulty in initiating urination
- Instances of frequent urination
- A feeling of not completely emptying one's bladder
- Frequent urination during the night
- Exerting a lot to urinate
- Instances of dribbling
- Urgency to pass urine
- A feeling of urinating again minutes after doing so
- Urination that starts and stops. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.
I am twenty years old. Can I take novelon as daily contraceptive? Will it disrupt my menstrual cycle? I do have a family history of carcinoma. My grandma suffered from breast cancer. Taking all this into consideration should I go for it?
What are the signs and symptoms of cervical cancer and ovarian cancer if being away of sexual intercourse n not indulge in Otr sexual activity. So how easy way to know about it?
My grand father having age 81, Prostrate get increased and having value is 6.034 (PSA), What is the daily diet to decrease that and what is the resolution of it.
Breast augmentation like silicon insertion are permanent or needs to be replaced over the period? Like 10 years to 12 years after insertion.
Good evening mam I am suffering from tongue carcinoma since march 16. I got treatment at RGCI&RC ROHINI DELHI. Treatment includes 6cycle of chemotherapy weekly n 35 radiations on linear accelerator VMAT. Now I have pain n inflammation in mouth due to rubbing of teeth with tongue. What to do?
I went to my doctor and she said that a PSA is needed for screening purposes. I asked why and she said that TRT can cause cancer. I told her I have heard nothing of this and if it does I would have never started it. I have read that being on TRT can fuel cancer that is already there making it grow.
Hi I am 25 years old girl and I have a big lump in my right breast. It pain once in 10-15 days for 2-3 min automatically and than get painless also. Please suggest is this causing cancer? What are the chances and what should I need to do? It is in breast from last 3 years.
USG Report showed Prostate borderline engagement in size but normal shape. Measure: 40.5 mm x 33.0 mm x 32.4 mm and Volume: 22.7 cc (approx). Also I have multiple calculi within GB lumen and so will proceed for an operation for the stone removal. Please suggest me any medicine if required for the treatment to reduce the prostate size.
Hi I am 35 year old now I am facing hyperplastic stratified squamous epithelium with focal hyperkeratosis and parakeratosis. In my report what is this. Is this Cancer.
Know how Healthy diet will help you to avoid obesity and cancer
Hello everybody I am Dr. Sajjan Rajpurohit. I am a consultant medical oncologist at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute. Today I will be talking about the role of healthy diet in cancer.
Many cancers in both men and women are associated with obesity and decrease physical exercise and our diet. From the important component into the the central or the Truncal obesity. The common cancers which are associated with obesity are colon cancer, endometrial cancer, ovarian cancer and breast cancer. So having a good healthy diet which includes ample amount of fibers along with a good degree of proteins of fat composition not more than 15-20 percent of the total diet and carbohydrates not exceeding more than thirty-five to forty percent of the total calorie intake and such diet if its taken it also leads to decreased aging, decrease oxidative stress on the body and it decreases the chance of these cancers. So enhance your diet with ample amount of fruits, fibers nuts and also don't forget to take lot of water on a daily basis and regarding junk foods we should try to avoid them as far as possible. However once a week it's okay if we go out the balance diet.
For more information you can log into lybrate and you can contact me.
Hi, My sister in not getting breast milk it's one week over from her delivery. She has taken perinorm for 3 days but still she is not getting sufficient milk. Can she take lactare capsule.
How common is breast cancer in women's? If the size is increased from 1.5 To 2.1 is it dangerous sign? Please advise.
Most text on the National Cancer Institute website may be reproduced or reused freely. The National Cancer Institute should be credited as the source. Please note that blog posts that are written by individuals from outside the government may be owned by the writer, and graphics may be owned by their creator. In such cases, it is necessary to contact the writer, artist, or publisher to obtain permission for reuse.
The prostate gland, an essential part of the male reproductive system grows throughout your life. As you grow older, it becomes imperative to keep this organ healthy.
Here's what you can do to maintain a healthy prostate:
1. Workout to stay fit - Exercising regularly and maintaining an optimum weight can help to keep your prostate gland at an optimal health. Several types of research have revealed the beneficial aspects of exercising. It's said that physically active men are less likely to suffer from enlarged prostate if they performed a physical activity of low to moderate intensity. Likewise, physically active men who ran for 90 to 108 minutes are 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables - Including fruits and vegetables in your diet can help to maintain a healthy prostate. Guava, papaya, tomato and watermelon are some of the options that spell good for your prostate. Vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and Brussels sprouts should also be included to boost the health of the gland. Ideally, you should have about 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
3. Have more soy products - Eating more soy products like tofu, soy flour, soy nuts can help to keep cancer of the prostate at bay. A study published in the British Journal of Urology International revealed that men who had soy products saw a 40% decrease in their risk of developing an enlarged prostate.
4. Have selenium-rich foods - Having foods rich in selenium (a powerful trace mineral) like tuna, eggs, cashews, onions, garlic, etc can reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer.
5. Say yes to healthy fats and no to trans and saturated fats - Choosing healthy fats like avocados, nuts, and olive oil can aid in boosting prostate health. At the same time, limiting saturated fats and trans fat intake are vital for keeping the prostate gland healthy.