Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R K Sharma
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R K SharmaYour feedback matters!
I picked my last upper jaw right side of my teeth, due to tooth decay after some time near part of muscle in the right side swallow and constantly pain, one of the Dr. say need to pick the lower jaw of your lower teeth which injured the upper one when you eat, so I don't do that but now the right side of muscle near to me is swallow.
I am 24 years old and I am having problem in my mouth and gums. While doing brush blood is been seen daily.
Regularly occurring Mouth Sores. Really painful. I can't speak, eat properly. I used to get these but they were temporary for 4-5 days but this time its more than 2 weeks still Sores are hurting me. I'm using Quickool gel. I'm drinking N water with sugar because I can't drink normal water because of pain pls suggest me any medicine.
I get a cracking sound in my jaw at one side of my mouth when I open my mouth. It happens oftenly but it does not pains. So what it can be because of Do I need to worry about it.
My father who is 84 years of old is facing acute infection in mouth since last 4 years. All tests including biopsy were done but it is not coming to normal. He is not able to eat any vegetables even without any spice he feels irritated and his mouth including upper surfaces looks red and over sensitive. Some mouth gels applied but no difference in this. Please help as all doctors of ENT and Dentists were consulted in Bhubaneswar and cuttack region. Please do help me. So mahapatra.
Sir/Mam. Day to day my teeth become yellow in colour, I thought stain affected my teeth. So tell me how to I'll get shining teeth. Is there any medicines for this? Can you say what is the treatment?
Kya aap mujhe bata skate hai ki kya mai apni teeth kaise saaf karu koi bhi paiste kaam nhi karta. Please suggest
Dental fluorosis is characterized by white patches on the teeth, caused due to excess fluoride ingestion during enamel formation. This condition is commonly observed in children aged between 3 months to 8 years. It occurs in the early stages of life when teeth are just beginning to form.
What are the causes for dental fluorosis?
Dental fluorosis results from over exposure to fluoride during the early stage of tooth development. Excessive consumption of fluoride causes damage to the enamel cells, which in turn leads to mineralization disorder. The major sources of fluoride are-
- Drinking water that contains high level of fluoride
- Baby food, cookies that contain fluoride
- Certain medications prescribed to children for improving teeth strength, that contain high amount of fluoride
- Toothpastes containing excess amount of fluoride
If the level of fluoride exceeds the recommended range, then your teeth may develop white, yellow or dark brown patches/stains on the surface.
How can dental fluorosis be prevented?
Dental fluorosis is extremely common. With proper preemptive measures and parental guidance, this onset of this condition can be prevented.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing your teeth
- Brushing your teeth several times a day can increase the risk of consuming excessive fluoride. So make sure you don’t end up brushing your teeth more than twice a day.
- Children are advised to brush their teeth under the supervision of an elder. So that the child does not end up swallowing the toothpaste.
- Avoid intake of fluoride supplements, unless prescribed by your doctor. Even if your child is advised to take these supplements, the dosage should not exceed the level that’s been prescribed.
What is the treatment for dental fluorosis?
Although mild dental fluorosis does not always need the patient to undergo treatment, it may affect the back of your teeth and cause discoloration of tooth. In such cases, the doctor can perform the following techniques-
- Tooth whitening- this technique is used to remove unsightly, unpleasant stains and whiten your tooth
- Bonding- the affected tooth is coated with a hard resin which bonds with the enamel
- Veneers- these are custom-made shells which cover your teeth at the front and improve their appearance. Veneers are used in case of severe dental fluorosis.
Dental fluorosis is not a disease. It is a dental condition which can be prevented, and treated if necessary. Follow the above guidelines to avoid fluorosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!