Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nikhilesh Jain
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Nikhilesh JainYour feedback matters!
My left head and ophthalmic region is paining because I am sufferring from trigiminal neurolgia. Kindly advice for getting relief.
Hlo sir .i have a question. My gf is not interested in intimating .what would be those steps so that she had a gud interest in doing sexual act .
Allergies are the result of the immune system’s response to foreign objects such as pet dander, pollen, certain foods, bee venom etc. In response to the allergen, the immune system produces antibodies, anticipating that the allergen is harmful in nature, even though that might not be the case always. The immune system can inflame the digestive system, skin, airways or sinuses when it comes in contact with allergens. The severity of allergies can vary from anaphylaxis to a minor irritation. In most cases, allergies cannot be fully cured. It, however, can be controlled with medication.
What are the symptoms of allergy?
- Various allergies cause different kinds of symptoms.
- Hay fever can cause sneezing, fluffy nose, itching of the eyes, nose, and mouth, swollen eyes etc.
- Food allergy can cause hives, mouth tingling, anaphylaxis, body itching etc.
- Insect sting produces symptoms such as anaphylaxis, cough, swelling on the source etc.
- Drug allergy can result in a rash, wheezing, swelling of the face, hives etc.
- Atopic dermatitis often lead to flake, itching, and reddening of the skin.
- There are other allergies that are triggered either by food or by insect bite. These can lead to a medical emergency known as the anaphylaxis. Some symptoms include skin rash, loss of consciousness, weak pulse, vomiting and nausea, shortness of breath etc.
What are the possible causes of allergy?
- Air: A number of allergies occur from the surrounding air. Examples of such airborne allergies include pollen, animal dander, mould etc.
- Food items: Certain foods are known to be causing allergy such as tree nuts, eggs, peanuts, soy fish etc.
- Medication: There are medications such as penicillin-based antibiotics that can lead to allergy.
- Insect bite: Bite from insects such as wasp or bee can trigger an allergy in adults and kids.
What are the possible complications?
Allergy often leads to complication such as asthma, infection of the lungs, sinusitis, infection of the ear and anaphylaxis. The risk of getting these conditions increase, provided no treatment is done for a long duration.
How is the diagnosis done?
To investigate the type of allergy a person has, the doctor might ask for the exact symptoms that a person is encountering. He may ask questions related to intake of food and the possible triggers. A skin test is often performed, followed by a blood test to confirm the presence of allergy in an individual.
What are the methods of treatment?
Depending on the type of allergy one has, a doctor might prescribe nasal spray, eye drops, and pills to reduce the symptoms. Apart from this, if the allergy is severe in nature, a doctor might suggest going for immunotherapy and emergency epinephrine. Certain lifestyle changes and food habits go a long way in cutting down the symptoms. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!