Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Indore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi ShahYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I am brought up in Hyderabad but since last 6 years I am in Bangalore. Since then I have hair loss and I can see gaps. Most important thing is the severe dandruff which is bothering me. If I take head shower today the next day morning I have the flakes visible a lot. I tried all my best and even consulted dermatologist but no luck. I believe due to this I have more hair loss. Any cures for this issue will be truly appreciated.
I have severe leg pain since 15 days Increases when I walk and get relief while lying down. I also get tingling in my whole leg. Please advice.
My teeth are not proper. Three of my lower tooth (milk teeth) were gone and never came back. And one milk teeth is still exist. And two lower tooth are grown crossly and sharp both are in the same way. Upside also some r small and some r big and people says we have 32 but I have only 28 and in that I don't have 3. It mean I have only 25. What should I do. Can I go for dental surgery for neat and straight teeth? What would be the reason behind it?
My sis is engaged to a person whose height is 2 inches small than her. He is 24 years old. Is there any remedy to grow his height?
सर मेरी (पुरूष) आयु 24 वर्ष है सर मैं 1 साल से पेट में सूजन और धात की बीमारी ग्रसित हूँ और मैंने इसका बहुत इलाज करा लिया है एंडोस्कोपी और एल्ट्रासाउंड में कुछ भी नहीं आता है आप कृपया सुझाव दीजिए धन्यबाद
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.